PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! tour operators, scam email going around

rotorrookie
9th Jan 2009, 09:02
I got this email yesterday and while reading it there was something dubious about it all.
My name is Dr. Karl Busche and lives in the united kingdom,
I want to book for an helicopter tour for my family because,during our stays in your city, we will be going on tours around the town. These are information for our Booking, Preferred Date of Tour: 16th,17th,18th,19th and 20th March 2009 (5days) Time: 1hr in a day (12.00 pm to 1.00 pm) Passengers: 3

1.Dr. Karl Busche-------weigh 130pounds
2.MRS Anneliese Busche {My Wife} weigh 120pounds
3.BURROWS Busche son 16 yrs} weigh 95pounds

Mode of Payment: Credit Card(Visa Card). I want you to give me the total expensis for the 4days tour at 1hr per day.

Thanks,
Dr. Karl Busche

So I "googled" this Karl Busche (who seems to be almost dwarf at 130lbs) and found this
Beware Helo Operators - NEW SCAM (http://originalforum.justhelicopters.com/DisplayMsgJH.asp?ForumID=23&Msgid=929806&page=1&Return=DisplayMsgJH.asp&D83jsd=True)

So guy's do not reply to this because then you will most likely get a lot more of similar scam emails

VeeAny
9th Jan 2009, 09:26
BURROWS Busche :D

Thanks for letting us know

Senior Pilot
9th Jan 2009, 10:21
Also covered in PPRuNe here (http://www.pprune.org/d-g-general-aviation-questions/356188-huge-financial-scam-hits-sydney.html) :ok:

rotorrookie
9th Jan 2009, 16:59
I'm gonna make a some fake hotmail address, reply to them and start messing with their heads.... just for fun:E:E:E

Just need a good name for it.... how is ub******[email protected] or [email protected]
probably better to pick name of some desert rock in the mid atlantic ocean like [email protected]

Im gonna send them email and post it here with their response... see what happens

206Fan
9th Jan 2009, 17:23
Good man rookie, bout time someone started playing back with these wasters.

Can't wait to hear the reply you get:E

Dr. Karl Busche-------weigh 130pounds

He could have at least gave an accurate weight for himself lol!

Dave

UkraineAdventures
9th Jan 2009, 19:43
I played along and quoted him a price. This is the reply this scammer sent me.

Hi,

Greetings and thanks for your kind response, i would like to inform you that i have made some unconfirmed arrangement with a hotel/logistic agent that will book hotel and also handle our traveling arrangement including some other service that will be requested by my family during our stay in the state.

In that case, i will send you my credit card to make a total charge of $14,700.00 for your service and that of the Agent, because i don't want to share the details with a third party,beside the agent runs a private Logistic Agency which does not allow him to have a credit card facilities to runs his full payment.

So once you are in receipt of credit card,you will charge the amount of ($14,700.00) then you deduct your service deposit $6,200.00 (for four days) and send the balance of ($8,500.00) to the Agent whose information will be forwarded to you once charges are been made and found available in your account.

Am also aware there will be a charge for the extra $8,500.00 to be charged so will want you to deduct the figure from the total amount that will be charged from my credit card.

I want you to confirm this and get back to me with your Name, Mobile number and Address for my personal documentation.

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS ARRANGEMENT IS OK AND REPLY PROMPTLY TO ENABLE US PROCEED.

Thanks,
Dr Karl and Family
+4470359 43483

VeeAny
9th Jan 2009, 21:14
A quick google on the phone number shows another site to do with weddings warning of a scam along the same lines.

http://weddingsabroad-destinationweddings.*************/2008/09/if-you-are-wedding-planner-please.html

verticalhold
9th Jan 2009, 21:18
Our ops got this one,and an identical one in a different name. The UK police didn't want to know so we contacted the US credit card company concerned and they contacted the card holder. We then forwarded the two scam e-mails to the two scammers with advice to be slightly more creative next time.

One of them (Busch) had the balls to be indignant and sent a snotty e-mail threatening legal action for defamation!

VH

longbox
14th Jan 2009, 11:45
This scam is on the rounds again, we were contacted just before Christmas, same thing 1 hour per day for 5 days, he would pay 10k up front then we would pay his "agent" 6k, we walked away as there are no phone nembers or email except for hotmail, and he noe proports to be German, however sounds very african to me!

Sooper
15th Jan 2009, 11:03
Have just sent email to '[email protected]' with the latest reply we have received:

"Hello Again, Thanks for your response, i would like to inform you that i have concluded arrangement with hotel/logistic agent that will book hotel and take care of other service that will be requested from my family during the stay in the state. I will send you credit card to deduct the total charges of your service and my logistic agent, because i don't want to share the details with a third party,beside the agent runs a private and does not have a credit card facilities to runs his full payment. So once you are in receipt of credit card,you will charge the amount of ( US$9,578) then you deduct the cost of your service ( US$1,078 ) and send the balance of US$8,500.00 to my logistic agent whose information will be forwarded to you once you charge the credit card. I am also aware that there will extra charges for the credit card, i want you to mention the figure so that i will include it on the total amount that will be charged from my credit card. I want you to confirm this and get back to me with
Your Full Name
Mobile Number
Address for my personal documentation.
Regards,
Dr Ford Anderson
Flat 2-1, 35,Polwarth Street,
Glasgow,G129UE,
Scotland.
United Kingdom.
+447035924236"

We will see what happens!!

Torquetalk
15th Jan 2009, 12:27
We've asked "Dr. Anderson" for an initial admin fee of some 160 quid, payable up front by wire transfer or wankers draft. See how long he wants to play ;)

TT

rotorrookie
22nd Jan 2009, 11:46
Same ****, diffrent name

I'm Dr. David Roy from London, I'm writing to get more details and inquiry for a helicopter tour for my family, We'll be having a vacation in your region and will want to go on tour around with good beach/ land scrape views.

Please find below booking information for my family of 3,

Preferred Date of Tour: 11th, 12th and 13th March 2009 (3days)

Time: 1 hour in a day (2.00 pm to 3.00pm)

Passengers:

1.Mr. David Roy

2.Mrs. Loyce Roy (My Wife)

3.Charles Roy (My son 14 yrs)

Please be informed that my preferred payment mode is via my Credit Card (Visa Card). I'll appreciate it if you can send me a quote the above information I have provided.

I anticipate your prompt response.

Best regards,

Dr. David Roy.

R44-pilot
22nd Jan 2009, 12:15
From London? David Roy sounds a pretty typical English/British name, BUT who calls a holiday a Vacation in this country.....

You would of thought they would do simple things like this and kinda change the story around a bit and come in from a new angle.....

Muppets :ugh:

Tell him to send a deposit in cheque, cash it and tell him to do one.

Spunk
22nd Jan 2009, 15:39
That scam has arrived in Germany, too.... :ugh:

rotorfan
23rd Jan 2009, 07:00
"I'm Dr. David Roy from London, I'm writing to get more details and inquiry for a helicopter tour for my family, We'll be having a vacation in your region and will want to go on tour around with good beach/ land scrape views."

land scrape?:eek: What an odd request for a vacation flight. Glad I'm not the pilot one this one.:}

GANNET FAN
23rd Jan 2009, 07:12
We get exactly the same scam in the yacht broking world. Charter a yacht and pay by credit card!

vicoastdog
23rd Jan 2009, 14:33
We just got the same email from "Dr. Busche" asking for helicopter tours, even though we're a floatplane company in Victoria, BC, Canada.:hmm:

Torquetalk
24th Jan 2009, 17:08
...and I just got the latest mail from IBM saying don't open a mail called "Join The Crew" etc etc

C'mon folks; the scam is pretty inept and easy to see through - do we really need to chain-post in Rotorheads about its progress?
TT

paul 2007
24th Jan 2009, 18:37
Always 'funny' how someone says, why does a particular thread continue ...
obviously others ARE interested in knowing (nearly 1500 views).

To those that are not interested, one has to wonder why you choose to 'click' on the topic in the first place.

cockney steve
24th Jan 2009, 21:24
For creative ways of scrambling the brains of these scammers, look at 419 eater.com....There, such gentlemen as Shiver Metimbers lead these scammers a wonderful dance......i've wasted many a happy hour reading these long drawn-out sagas and am astounded at the sheer persistence of these greedy crooks and the lengths they'll go to....the funniest is the "reverse scam" by a "religious charity" which demands they get tattooed in order to be elegible for a share in the annual dispensation of huge cash grants.

great free entertainment! :E

rotorrookie
28th Jan 2009, 13:49
Another A-hole:
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Barr, Abelard Hermann, I am presently on a vacation with my family, I want to book for an helicopter tour for my family because,during our stays in your city, we will be going on tours around the town. These are information for our Booking, Preferred Date of Tour: ,17th,18th and 19th march 2009 (3days) Time: 1hr in a day (12.00 pm to 1.00 pm)

Passengers: 3 1.Barr Abelard Hermann-------weigh 130pounds
2.MRS Erna Hermann (My Wife) weigh 120pounds
3.Wilhelm Hermann (son 13 yrs) weigh 90pounds
Mode of Payment: Credit Card(master Card). I want you to give me the total expenses for the 3days tour at 1hr per day.
Thanks,
Barr, Abelard Hermann
Address: 25 ERIKA _Manbogan hamburg Germany.
Fax: +49-1805-48203-91400

Spunk
28th Jan 2009, 16:13
Yeah Rotorrookie, I totally agree... and he`s a lousy one.
The address doesn't exist and the phone number is a fake service number (way too many numbers).
And believe me....Hermann and Erna are out of fassion (my great-grandparents were called that way).:}

justplanecrazy
28th Jan 2009, 20:40
We got that same email too. I was a bit suspicious but you can't exactly turn around to a potential client and ask them what the deal is!

Anyway, played along for a bit after realising it WAS a scam. He asked me for my telephone number, address and name (it's on the bottom of our emails anyway). Put the number of the Met Anti-Fraud Sqaud, their address and the new Met Commissioner's name. He replied back asking why I gave him the number of a police station.

Haha. Waste their time. Trying to get 'his' card details to alert whatever credit card company they have stolen it from.

I hate those....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad:

rotorrookie
29th Jan 2009, 00:41
3 1.Barr Abelard Hermann-------weigh 130pounds

They always seem to be dwarf or maybe even hobbits at 130pounds...

Maybe we are under attack form "Shire" ???? I'm waiting to see Samwise Gamgee and Frodo here:ugh::ugh:

Who is the best to deal with them ****ers? Scotland Yard or Interpol

MartinCh
29th Jan 2009, 14:14
No big deal weighing 130 pounds for adult male.
But it won't be Nigerian, but rather Somali or Ethiopian with their skinny tallish physique.
Oh I'm so envious of tall skinny guys. So much easier for some flying, especially instructing in Robbies.

I came across similar scam about young Greek newly-ordained priests going to Northern Ireland for 'religious training/festival'. Ehm, interesting idea, Greek Orthodox coming over here..
They didn't even try to make the list of the names sound Greek. :ugh:

Barr Abelard Hermann?
Well, one only needs to go through spam folder to see many creative names as sender..

I stumbled upon that scam eater guy/group in the past, pretty fun. Recommend to have a look.

The way the want to 'earn' money off people is just ludicrous. How could anyone consider it serious customers even if they don't realise that it's scam from the first email? They would always shoot back with some crazy audacious scam.

Why do people see this topic or reply? Because it's fun. However criminal intentions of the scammers. I miss receiving 'Nigerian letters' from wannabe penpals.

206Fan
30th Jan 2009, 14:39
If anybody wants a loan for flying these guys can help with their expertise.

Hello,
We are a registered and certified lenders, we loan out loan for both business and personal purpose.we give out loans on a clear and understandable terms and conditions.We give out loans at a low interest rate. Dear readers should note that this offer is for serious minded individual, firms and companies.Do not let this opportunity pass you by.Get your loan to solve your financial problems and establishing new businesses,Interested individuals, fims and companies should please Contact us via email with the following information

Full Name:
Email:
Phone Number(s):
Residential Address:
City:
State/Province:
Fax Number:
Date of Birth:
Sex:
Marital Status:
Credit Score:
Monthly Income:
Place of Work:
Loan Amount Needed:
Loan Duration:
Purpose Of Loan:
I await your fast and reliable response asap.

Kind Regards
Mr Geremy John

ODI'S LOAN FIRM®
159 Baulebe Rd London, SA15SE United Kingdom.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44-702-409-4560
Fax: +44 703-974-7852

Benton
12th Feb 2009, 21:31
I just received this email. I wouldn't fall for this personally, knew it was a scam immediately but for those who don't-look out! Bad grammar, no specific details and always emailed to "Undisclosed recipients"!

Hi,

Hope my email reaches you in good faith. I am looking for an experienced wedding planner who will handle my wedding and arrange dinner for the guest who will be attending the wedding ceremony.Seven will arrive few days before the wedding day.

The wedding is expected to hold on the 23rd of May, 2009 and 50-65 guests are expected to attend. As i do not know what the guests might choose for their meals and drinks, i will make a prepayment as initial deposit for this booking via credit card.

All checks and balances will be made with you on 22nd of May, 2009 which is the final day of the booking, You are to arrange for a Videography,Music Entertainment,Photography,Officiant/Priest & Church,cake,flowers and the venue.If there is any these items that is beyond your capability,you let us know so that another company can handle it. Get back to me with your response as we don't have much time with us so that we can process our accommodation within the region more convenient for you and us.

Best Regards,
Dr Karl Busche.
Email:[email protected]
Yahoo chart ID is [email protected] ([email protected])

zigsta
16th Feb 2009, 18:23
I have been searching for a used Garmin 496 for the past week and came across this scam ad on the gumtree website:

Garmin Gpsmap 496 Aviation Auto Gps w 2 batteries (£913)

Date posted: Tuesday 20th January | Ad viewed: 62 times
Garmin GPSMAP 496 with two rechargeable Li-Ion Garmin batteries
Auto mount
Yoke mount
Friction mount (bean-bag dashboard mount)
Suction cup windshield mount
GXM-30A smart antenna and cable with manual for receiving XM
Low-profile remote GPS antenna and cable
Two small portable antennas (identical, attach directly to unit)
Vehicle power cable with speaker
Vehicle power cable without speaker
AC power adapter
USB cable
Carrying case
Owner’s manuals
City Navigator NT CD

The vendor then spins a long yarn about being trustworthy (sent a scan of some poor guys passport) and not wanting to accept payment until the GPS is received. The emphasis of his many emails is on transferring cash via moneygram to a friend or relative and then sending the reference number to cheeky chappie tpprove your financial viability. Somehow this reference number is the key to the whole scam and your cash will never reach the intended recipient.

docstone
15th Mar 2009, 15:02
Here we go again...

HELLO
I want to have a sightseeing with my family to mark my 7th year
anniversary of our holy matrimonial wedding with my wife in your
country . please calculate your charter rate for 5persons in 3days,
the charter rate days start from 21 -23 april 2009,please get back
to me as soon as possible for me to finish with other logistic
arrangement,
Thanks
paschal scott
+447035979645

docstone
18th May 2010, 16:41
Here we go again...and he's just as light as before

Good day,
I am Mr Paul Reeds and i would like to book a scenic flight either by helicopter or plane for my family during our Vacation stay in your city.

These are information about our booking.

Preferred Date of tour: 11th to 14th August 2010 (4days)
Time: 1hr a day (12.00 pm to 1.00 pm)

Passengers:

1.Mr. Paul Reeds -------weigh 135pounds

2.Mrs. Emilie Reeds {My Wife} weigh 126pounds

3.Kelvin Reeds son 17 yrs} weigh 94pounds

Mode of payment: Credit card.

kindly total the cost of the hourly rate for four days and get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mr Paul Reeds

Address: Budapester Straße 15, 12507 Berlin, Germany

Ubiquesecurity
18th May 2010, 18:57
Hi there. Can you let me know anymore about this as I had the same e-mail this evening. Many thanks........................

VeeAny
18th May 2010, 19:20
Apart from its a scam there isn't a great deal more to know.

I think this one is based on the premise of helicopter companies being able to process quite big credit card transactions.

He pays you more than you want with someone elses card and then asks you to send some of the extra money he gives you somewhere else or something like that.

I am currently playing with one of the scam helicopter salesmen and will post the details on here in full when I've got as far as I can.

Ubiquesecurity
18th May 2010, 19:40
good to know many thanks,,

VeeAny
18th May 2010, 21:27
As if by Magic I've just had the very same email to my Griffin email Address.

firebird_uk
18th May 2010, 21:54
Join the club. I've had it twice. Perhaps they thought it'd be more convincing the second time round.....

SuperF
19th May 2010, 10:11
its made it to NZ as well.

ricksheli
19th May 2010, 10:30
Had the same e-mails in New Zealand

docstone
28th May 2010, 09:23

Hello,

I'm Mr. Jim Graham,i want to book for a VIP air charter service from the 17th to 20th of August 2010. for me and some friends, during our visit in your country. There will be only 6 passengers(adults).

Please let me know the whole miscellaneous routing services also tour packages and your VIP Terminal charter service.

Payment will be made through my master credit card, kindly confirm if have a credit card machine(pos) to take our booking fees.

Thanks,
Mr. Jim Graham

lelebebbel
29th May 2010, 04:40
I had "David Winchester" a while ago, who wanted to book the "best scenic flight" for 14 co-workers. He emphasized several times that he works on "an OIL RIG" [sic] and can't be contacted by phone, only email.

Same deal though, "please charge my card for an extra $5,000 and send the cash to some "agent" who doesn't have a credit card machine" ...right.

I like this reverse scam:
The Road to the Skeleton Coast (http://www.419eater.com/html/SkeletonCoast/)
They make one of these scammers and half his family travel all along the African west coast and move heaven and earth, trying to recover a suitcase full of money that is supposedly floating just off the coast...

grumpytroll
29th May 2010, 06:29
This stuff is rampant in every industry. I fly for Air Methods. I also own a brewery, restaurant and pizzeria. So, a few months ago I recieved a similar e-mail requesting 100 pizzas (no kidding) for a birthday party for a guys kid. He assured me in the e-mail that he would send a van to pick up the pizzas and sodas and deliver them to to party. 100 pizzas! Do you know how long it would take to make 100 pizzas? And how would you transport them in a truck and keep them warm? We laughed and laughed about this. We had alot of fun calculating the times etc. It would take my pizzeria almost 7 hours to produce the pies. Anyway, it was the same scam with the credit card charges etc. Very funny. It is comical how these guys take any idea and stretch it out to fit into any industry. Somebody must fall for it or they wouldn't waste the time. I recognized this for what is was immediately but e-mailed him back and he actually responded a couple of times hoping he might get me. My business is located near Madison, Wisconsin and he was going to have the pizza picked up and delivered to the party via heated truck in ... Denver, Colorado! Nigerian scam. Cheers www.thegrumpytroll.com (http://www.thegrumpytroll.com)

Bath Bonnie
1st Jun 2010, 09:13
Its not only in industry, I put 2 new Royal Enfield wheels in our local 'Trade-it' paper online this week for £100, and got some one send me an email asking me to delete the add as he 'wanted the item for his grandson' and would send me a cheque for £2500, I could take out the cost of the items plus postage and £30 for my troubles and would I send him 'the difference in a cheque with the item', all he needed was my address, bank details, and passport details for surety!
Yeh, right!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
It was obviously a mass send out email, he must have thought I'd come down with the last fall of soot, but as its be said, some one must fall for it!
If it looks too good to be true then it probably is!:=
I have seen the damage that can be done, a Proffessor friend of ours retired with a decent amount in her bank account only to loose most of it to a bank account in Asia, she ended up so broke she had to borrow money off her sister for heating oil!!
She did'nt reccognise a scam, she befriended some one on line and that was that, a working life time of saving gone:sad:

Capetonian
1st Jun 2010, 11:33
If it looks too good to be true then it probably is!
I have seen the damage that can be done, a Proffessor friend of ours retired with a decent amount in her bank account only to loose most of it to a bank account in Asia, she ended up so broke she had to borrow money off her sister for heating oil!!
She did'nt reccognise a scam, she befriended some one on line and that was that, a working life time of saving gone

Sadly this is very common, and more so than we might realise as it gets little publicity for obvious reasons.

I would recommend anyone who receives an email from an unknown person regarding any sort of transaction to either ignore it, or to Google the email address, name, or a few words from the text as they are often standard cut and pastes. Most of them find their way onto sites such as Welcome to the 419 Eater (http://www.419eater.com) or Welcome to ScamWarners (http://www.scamwarners.com).

Also to check the headers, many of them come from West Africa, mostly Nigeria, which gives about a 99.9% guarantee that they are fraudulent. Here are a couple of easy to use header tracing tools.

Error: There do not appear to be any valid IP addresses in the headers you submitted. Please try again. (http://headertool.apelord.com/headers)
Tracing Emails - Mail Parse - Parsing and Tracing Mail Headers - MailParse (http://www.levinecentral.com/mail_parse/default.aspx#results)

sloanemallorca
17th Oct 2010, 10:18
For info of FTO's, TRTO's etc.

Arrived in my in-box today, haven't seen this email enquiry before, but it looks like a new scam?

"Hello

I want to book a reservation with your office for 4 people coming over to take Gyro plane training in your facility for a period of 4weeks (a month), also we need two instructor or tutor who can teach them effectively because,they are all learners,i will be glad to also make plans for training kits if possible or necessary, what is the total cost for the 4 persons,Let me know if you have availability for this dates,accommodation or apartment to hire. Confirm the date below and tell me when you have space,if you do not have space on that date,
Details..........

Arrival Date.7th February 2010 .
Departure Date 7th March 2010.

Jim Black The Trip Coordinator"
Jim Black [[email protected]]

Any one else seen this enquiry?

the beater
17th Oct 2010, 13:53
Best just to send them a calendar.
Or a time machine.

Say hello to the new, cuddlier Beater. Still killing Pheasant's (oops), though.

Avitor
17th Oct 2010, 13:59
Some folk do reply with well deserved scorn. In my own case I don't give them the satisfaction of knowing I am at home and delete them.

SkyViewAviation
17th Nov 2010, 17:43
I got this email today from [email protected]:

Hello,
I want to make inquiry on your flying training school. I have two members of my workers who are interested in flight training
Kindly get back to me with the program package, training duration and also the total costs.Also let me know when the next training section starts.
Hope to see your reply.
Paul Reeds
[email protected]
I can't wait to see what comes next. :rolleyes:

sloanemallorca
7th Apr 2011, 12:47
Hi,

Are you a Flight Trainer/instructor with a full capacity to train a teaming young adults. If you are still active in this business,your quick response shall be appreciated.

My name is Andrea Purdon, from M&G International Academy UK(Owner). I will like to book for Flight introductory/pre flight classes and training for our new clients that have interest in becoming pilots in future and will be on vacation to your country.We want an intensive class and your sound experience in any of the entertaining flight training will be an advantage.

Our stay in the area will last for a long from 9th June 2011.The students are ten in number and within the ages of 18 to 26.

Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes?

Kindly get back to me with your proposals and quote so that we can make bookings immediately.

Regards.

Andrea Purdon

Phone: + (44) 704-5768990

9Aplus
7th Apr 2011, 19:11
This one even better :}:

Dear Sirs,

AIRCRAFT TITLE INSURANCE
Sequel to the request made for a Title Insurance Premium on the MI-8AMT (MI-171) Helicopter having an asset price (ACV-Actual Cash Value) of XXXXXX million,XXXXX US dollars(US$ XX,XXX,000.00).
I hereby state that our calculated one time premium for that asset price( value) is two thousand,four hundred British pounds (£ 2,400,00) . As is customary of such transactions except otherwise stated, Buyer and Seller will have to share equally and pay the aforementioned premium cost.Invariably,each party will have to pay the sum of £ 1,200 (one thousand,two hundred British pounds).
Attached is our standard insurance policy coverage .Also attached is our wiring instructions for all categories of payment.Should you require any clarification(s),please revert to us with your questions/comments.

Thanks
Dr Festus Cooper
Sen. Admin. Officer
Avicon Title Insurance
(A div. of Avicon Co.)
Tel:
+44-7045771687
+44-7924479386
Fax:
+44-7031809845

NOTE;that cancellation of an insurance policy done within 45 business days of payment of the insurance premium will allow a 95% refund.

AVICON TITLE INSURANCE
(…. a division of Avicon Ltd)
35 West Gate,Huddersfield,West Yorkshire,
HD1 1PA,United Kingdom

WIRING INSTRUCTIONS

A) BANK TRANSFER

Bank Name :Citibank London
Bank Address :Citigroup Centre, Canada Square,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB,UK
Swift Code :CITIGB2L
IBAN :GB40CITI18500811238787
Beneficiary :Avicon Limited
A/C No :7030103246
Ref :Reg no./serial no. (No detail please)

Aser
7th Apr 2011, 22:00
This is new to me: Malaysia Scam :D

[email protected]
Dear Aser ,

I am Alex Ing, an attorney in KL Malaysia. I found your contact over the internet and it gave me a great joy, that you are the one I strongly believe could assist me achieve my long time dream. Being more positive that with your compliance/consent we could cooperate to retrieve the (18,000,000.00 USD) left by my deceased client in his account here in Malaysia before his demise in 2008, since your last name's are the same.

I shall procure legal papers to suport your stand as claimant. But an honest cooperation is highly needed from your part. However, if this goes against your moral ethics, kindly accept my sincere apology. But If on the contrary you wish to achieve this with me then, respond with interest for further details.

Lastly, I shall inform you upon your response the percentage by which we shall split the proceeds.

Regards,

Mr. Alex Ing

Ignore/Delete

Regards
Aser

Darren999
8th Apr 2011, 17:03
This is one of many that came to my company

Good Evening Sir/Madam,

I am Mr Timothy Wallace from UK,i need a helicopter air trip with my family.I want to know your best rates for an air tour(heli sightseeing).You can suggest a better sightseeing destination but preferably i will like a city air view.I will need the air tour on 28 January 2011 when we will be on a short holiday.What is your your best rates for the service,i will be needing to fly my family for 2 hours.We are three in number, Me,my wife and my daughter.

Send your rate to [email protected]

Do have a nice weekend.

Regards
Mr Timothy Wallace

9Aplus
8th Apr 2011, 19:26
Oh, yes :}

Mr Martin Geer <[email protected]>

Good day,

I'm Mr Martin Geer, I am presently on a vacation with my family . i
want to book for an air charter service on 3rd March 2011 for my
family, during our visit in your country.

There will be only 4 passengers (adults, members of my family) for the
charter on 3rd March 2011 . Let me know the whole miscellaneous
expenses for a private charter.

I will make the payment through credit card let me know the major credit
card you accept.

Thanks,

Martin Geer

Capetonian
8th Apr 2011, 19:41
Rediffmail is an Indian email service frequently used by scammers.

No-ID
8th Apr 2011, 19:47
What is the benefit for the scammer to make an enquiry for a flight? Just to waste someone's time?

Capetonian
8th Apr 2011, 20:31
It's most likely to be the overpayment/WU scam.

Western Union - Send Money - Money Transfer - Transfer Money Online - Find Location (http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=Security_FraudTypes)

There are other slightly more sophisticated ones using stolen credit card details.

9Aplus
5th May 2011, 15:51
Fresh one :}

[ add to contacts (http://mail.helifor.eu/edgedesk/cgi-bin/abookmanager.exe?id=0161c6fee1b3c7612c49b89b48cbe3b62f27&xsl=ab.xsl&file_as=Andrea%20Purdon&[email protected]&cid=viewmail.exe;H9911746530730&chk_email=&nodefrost=) ]
To:
Cc:
Date: Thursday, May 05, 2011 07:40 am Subject: Flight Inquiry.

Hi,

Are you a Flight Trainer/instructor with a full capacity to train young adults. If you are still active in this business,your quick response shall be appreciated.

My name is Andrea Purdon, from M&G International Academy UK. I will like to book for Flight introductory/pre flight or helicopter classes and training for our new clients that have interest in becoming pilots in future and will be on vacation to your country.We want an intensive class and your sound experience in any of the flight training will be an advantage.

They will arrive on 9th June 2011.The students are 10 in number and within the ages of 18 to 26 years.

Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes?

Kindly get back to me with your proposals and quote so that we can make bookings immediately.

Regards.

Andrea Purdon

Phone: + (44) 704-5768990

rotorrookie
5th May 2011, 16:01
9Aplus! I got that one too, both today and yesterday.... like you say fresh one, new approach asking for training:D, but smells bad anyway

md 600 driver
9th May 2011, 18:49
received today

Good day,

I am Dr Peter Banks,a Public Health Officer of Exxon Energy based in the United Kingdom, I am presently on a vacation with my family in an island. We shall be needing an air charter service on 25th May
2011 during our visit for a family re-union in your city.We will be only 3 passengers on board, I and my wife including my son, we will depart from your base and would only need 3 hours, all our flight route would be provided three days before departure, do let me know the whole miscellaneous expenses for three hours private charter.We would prefer to fly in a helicopter or any nice plane.All payments would be made via credit card,kindly let me know the major credit card you accept and i hope your operating certificate and safety records are intact.I await your response and hope on having a nice time flying with you.

Regards,

Dr Peter Banks

9Aplus
9th May 2011, 19:41
:} old client :ugh:
perhaps earned in mean time some Phd in scam sciences :E
[ add to contacts (http://mail.helifor.eu/edgedesk/cgi-bin/abookmanager.exe?id=013ae75aa04a49b9fbd7837c08070da21827&xsl=ab.xsl&file_as=Mr%20Peter%20Banks&[email protected]&cid=viewmail.exe;H69813616834220&chk_email=&nodefrost=) ]
To:
Cc:
Date: Saturday, February 13, 2010 02:45 pm Subject: Sightseeing/Leisure Flight Charter.
Good Day,
I am Mr Mr Peter Banks from the United Kingdom,i did like to charter your aircraft, if possible a helicopter or an air plane (Jet) for a scenic and Sightseeing/Leisure flight during our stay in your city.
We would depart and return at your base after each flight.
Date of charter March 19th-20th 2010.(one hour each day), we are
three in number.
Kindly total the cost of your services and get back to me as soon as you can.
Payment would be made by credit card (MASTER OR VISA).
I hope your operating certificate and safety record's are intact.
I await your response and hope on having a nice time flying with you.
God Bless,
Mr Peter Banks

md 600 driver
9th May 2011, 21:10
it must be scammers day today

try this one it was in responce to a gazelle ferry tank i was selling

Hi,

Thanks for the getting back to me. i want you to know that i will be
paying with a Traveler's cheque.The amount on the Cheque will be
€2,500 that will cover the shipping and you will deduct your money
which is £900

Therefore, when you received the Traveler's Cheque you will take it
to your bank and cash it, you will deduct your money and assist in
sending the balance to my Shipping Agent that will pick up ....I
want you to email me the following information below:

1. The full name on the Traveler's Cheque
2. Mailing Address to send the Cheque
3. Contact phone number

PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the placing
site..ok, or any interested buyer that mail you,just let them know
that it has been sold...ok,so for doing that i will be willing to
compensate you,so your total deduction will be £950..Hope this is
clear to you..you can call me on this number...+447045727234...'m in
the united kingdom.

Get back to me asap

9Aplus
10th May 2011, 04:53
Oh yes, he is in UK with +44 70nnnnnnn number :p

You see our old "customer" can not skip us....

Cc:
Date: Monday, May 09, 2011 06:08 pm Subject: Charter Booking
Good day, I am Dr Peter Banks,a Public Health Officer of Exxon Energy based in the United Kingdom, I am presently on a vacation with my family in an island. We shall be needing an air charter service on 25th May 2011 during our visit for a family re-union in your city.We will be only 3 passengers on board, I and my wife including my son, we will depart from your base and would only need 3 hours, all our flight route would be provided three days before departure, do let me know the whole miscellaneous expenses for three hours private charter.We would prefer to fly in a helicopter or any nice plane.All payments would be made via credit card,kindly let me know the major credit card you accept and i hope your operating certificate and safety records are intact.I await your response and hope on having a nice time flying with you. Regards, Dr Peter Banks :bored:

rotorway
12th Jul 2011, 22:15
Dear Sly,
Please mind your statement as my firm is quite a noble one.I quite understood your concerns. As requested,we are a reputable and registered firm in the UK.Our website(Website Under Construction (http://www.stormins.com)) is currently being upgraded and will be up and running soon.However, a little background on our firm:Our address is as below:

Techie Air Networks
An affiliate of Lot 2 Limited
31 Horn Lane
London W3 9NJ
United Kingdom

To further clarify, Techie Air Networks is the major brand name of Lot 2 Limited with registration no.;03069120

Techie Air Networks has been existing for over a decade as an enterprise and became fully
incorporated as Lot 2 Limited in 1995 with the incorporation certificate attached herewith.

You can check that at Company and Director credit reports and annual accounts. Free search. - All UK Directors. Business credit reports. (http://www.ukdata.com) ,the commerce bureau for registration of all UK firms.
You can also look up our impressive credit status at Companies House, Business credit checks, Company Formations, instantly online. (http://www.creditgate.com).

Regarding buyer's background,buyer is Mr Keith Edmondson and he is British .He is the President of a couple of British companies,notable is Keith Edmondson Ltd which is a mining energy firm and address is ;

Keith Edmondson Ltd
The Garden House,Tittensor.
Stoke-on-Trent,Staffordshire,
Staffs,ST12 9HQ
United Kingdom

An little profile of Keith Edmondson Ltd from the buyer is stated below;
"Keith Edmondson Ltd is one of the leading supplier to the UK Mining Energy Industry, and an important provider of materials to other resource based industries. We enable companies that produce, process, and transmit hydrocarbons and fluids required by oil and gas industries, by managing the supply of thousands of complex products needed to build and operate their facilities efficiently. Combining the expertise and reputation earned over time with the latest in information technology, our capabilities cover custom manufacturing to logistics management of international projects."Our website is being upgraded which is routinely done to update services and logistics."

Buyer 's company reg. no(02028005) and VAT. no. ( GB 478 7121 18 can be verified at ; EUROPA site - Validation (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/)) to make you feel confident in this transaction .You can verify his company status at; Company and Director credit reports and annual accounts. Free search. - All UK Directors. Business credit reports. (http://www.ukdata.com) . Buyer has corporate documents to send but will not send them electronically9as he considers them confidential), he prefers to come with them during the pre-buy inspection.
I hope you find the above satisfactory.Please come back to me should you want further clarification.Buyer remains firm on the joint sponsorship of T.I because of his terrible experience in Austria

Thanks
Frank Hanson

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 07/12/11 06:04 PM
To: 'Frank Hanson'
Subject: RE: Aerospatiale SA-341 ,HA-LFA: Buyer's advice

Frank,

I feel this is like a scam...

I will not send any payment to anywhere!

You welcome to come and inspect the aircraft at any time without any commitment.

You dont have to make any payment to me. You can do it to any Hungarian law office escrow you find! Im sure your lawyers have or can get you trusty connections in Hungary so you can 100% trust in that.

Other wise Im not interested.

thank you,

Sly

206Fan
4th Dec 2013, 15:47
This was posted in "Interviews, jobs & sponsorship"!

FURTHER SCAMMING FOR UAE PILOT JOBS
Gents,

Please be aware that the Nigerian 'pilot job' scammers are now purporting to represent AEROGULF SERVICES (although they show the company located in Abu Dhabi!) and are offering US Military pilots jobs in the Company and demanding CONSIDERABLE payments up front for 'visa and residency' costs. This seems to be effecting all UAE helicopter companies as ADA, FALCON and now AEROGULF have received reports of pilots having paid out money for 'pilot positions'.

AEROGULF advises all pilots to see their website recruiting page which carries a specific warning against making such payments - and that they will never ask for fees or payments of this kind.

You can email Aerogulf through their new website link at <aerogulfservices.com> for further information if required. Please pass the word along to save other Brethren being scammed by nasty people who don't even know where the individual companies are actually located! Thanks!