PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Pacific Blue

WJAPilot
8th Jan 2009, 20:07
Just Curious if anyone could enlighten me as to the current pay scales for Captains at Pacific Blue and a general breakdown of their current roster and working conditions.

Best Regards

WJP

SOPS
8th Jan 2009, 20:14
I think..not much:ok:

Q300
8th Jan 2009, 21:01
I've heard the pay at PB isn't great, apparently conditions are worse than they are at Qantas JetConnect and Air NZ Domestic.

Yusef Danet
8th Jan 2009, 21:12
WJP

It depends on a lot of things... everyone is on a individual contract and there are two employers, Rishworth Aviation and PB Employment & Crewing, an arm's length shelf company.

737 Capts base salary is NZ$140k but only after 12 months, recent changes to contracts leave the first year capts feeling a little less appreciated. NZ$4.20 per duty/away hour DTA is the only other allowance.

CAVEAT AVIATOR

PB is not, in my opinion, a great place to work, hence the extreme difficulty they are experiencing filling their window seats. Two batches of pilots transferred from Virgin Blue will shortly return to Australia and the take up of replacement positions has been poor to say the least. And these pilots are paid the (significantly higher) VB wages.

Pilots are expected to work on days off, rosters tend to pan out very differently from the way they are written and work rules are changed by unilateral company decree.

Many capts (AKL base) are working max hours (would be nice if they had overtime) while most FOs are left idle, despite wanting the work so they can rise through the pay scales and qualify for command. This causes some resentment of Direct Entry Captains.

The routes are great, the aircraft new and well maintained, the colleagues are friendly; PB should be the highly desirable job no-one leaves but the reality is far removed.

TCPILOT
11th Jan 2009, 12:48
Just wondering if anyone can provide info on the current recruitment/interview process for DEC, which is being conducted in BNE in Jan & Feb.

Ive heard that it is the VB style of interviewing process.

Would much appreciate any info relating to this topic, or if you can PM myself, it would be greatful.

Cheers!!!!!