PDA

View Full Version : "All I Want is an 'effin' Good Sandwich".....

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 05:42
....or so said the last of the "great" Dons, John Gotti (and thata bread betta be fresh). :ouch:

Anyway, I tend to agree. There is absolutely nothing I'd rather chomp into than a really good 'effin sandwich like chicken with mango mayonnaise and cashews on seven-grain bread. That's my all-time favourite!

What is your perfect sandwich?

Rollingthunder
8th Jan 2009, 06:05
Good bacon (unobtainable in this country) fresh tomatoes and cheddar cheese, a good white bread, grilled.

ExSp33db1rd
8th Jan 2009, 06:07
White bread, ham and brown pickled onions.

Buster Hyman
8th Jan 2009, 06:10
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/05/04/logie8_gallery__295x400.jpg

.......ME......

http://www.wchstv.com/abc/dharmagreg/elfman.jpg

Loose rivets
8th Jan 2009, 06:48
Ba$tards!

All I dream of is a soddin' sandwich...or toast in the morning, or some of the 12 year old malt in the cupboard. Can't touch anything that has wheat in it. Nothing. Bugger, bum, balls!

Soddin' porridge. Porridge slop for breakfast, Porridge biscuits...probably soon be drinking porridge whiskey :yuk:

Hot tea with butter and marmalade on...porridge. Doesn't have the same ring about it.

This has crept up on me having been a stand-in for Homer Simpson for years. Eat anything, now I can't. Must be global warming...or a cunning plot by the French.

Bo11ox. Just time for a cup of tea and an oat and honey biscuit. The four-hundred and thirty-first today. Bo11ox.

Feel a tiny bit better now.:(

j3pipercub
8th Jan 2009, 06:49
Buster, just beautiful!! :D:D:D

Loose rivets
8th Jan 2009, 06:51
Yes, yes...but can she make porridge?:*

Conan The Barber
8th Jan 2009, 06:55
Whoever longs for the great-british-sandwich would have died a long time ago from either having taste or victorian-inhibitions.

Wod
8th Jan 2009, 07:53
This contribution is a little influenced by a recent Brisbane to Sydney and return car trip.

Must be me age, but scrambled egg and lettuce on white bread is great for the long distance driver (minimal diversion of blood from brain to digestive arena).

Otherwise , if changing drivers, the bacon and egg roll with avocado and hash browns from Ferry Park between Ballina and Grafton is a damn fine breakfast (though possibly not, technically, a sandwich)

FWIW

BlueWolf
8th Jan 2009, 08:11
Can't touch anything that has wheat in it.

Never had much time for homoeopathy, but I have seen it work for allergies. It may be worth a try, even if only for the sake of the malt, which by rights ought to be barley, but what the hell.

Failing that, take solace from the fact that oats help keep your testosterone free, and therefore active.

Rule3
8th Jan 2009, 08:23
ONE MADE BY V2 -OMG.:ok:

From YOUR other thread:}, it appears you are a woman:) {or a cross dresser};) so you should know how to make your :mad:own.:ok::ok:

I too want to sit on the naughty step .:D

Standard Noise
8th Jan 2009, 10:08
Many slices of fried bacon between two slices of fresh crusty bread slaked with butter and a touch of HP sauce.

Well, man cannot live by bread alone!

anotherthing
8th Jan 2009, 10:21
The author John Harvey writes police procedural novels based around a central character Inspector Resnick.

Of Polish descent, this character makes mouth watering sandwiches (the contents of which he often ends up wearing on his shirt or tie), and they are well described in the novels. I've tried a few of the combinations - and they have been brilliant!

Beatriz Fontana
8th Jan 2009, 13:59
Define sandwich. When one has been partaking in freshly made still-warm rolls filled with more pork sausage than is humanly possible to hold together with two hands, the Lufthansa interpretation consisting of stale bread and a slab of solid cheese is a real downer...

Krystal n chips
8th Jan 2009, 15:44
"What is your perfect sandwich" ?

Daft question really......one that's free of course. ;):E

tony draper
8th Jan 2009, 15:51
Stotty Cake Ham and Pease Pudding,a tad of English Mustard,great stuff :ok:

Gnirren
8th Jan 2009, 16:04
Well, for very sure NOT the traingular plastic-wrapped abominations consisting of 8 different e-numbers and 50% mayonaise (that for reasons unknown qualify as lunch in england when served with crisps) freely available everywhere in the old country. :yuk:

Saab Dastard
8th Jan 2009, 16:04
Toasted bagel with crispy hot bacon, avocado and cream cheese...

A Homer moment, just thinking about it...mmmmmmm.

SD

lexxity
8th Jan 2009, 16:05
Pre-packed sandwiches are vile. I never, ever buy them. I'd honestly rather go hungry.

goudie
8th Jan 2009, 16:39
Has to be, lashings of home cured bacon and the middle slice of a beef tomato, in lightly toasted, white organic bread, a dash of Lea & Perrins and a smidgeon of HP Fruity sauce. Washed down with a mug of tea.
Would eat one anytime, anywhere.

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 16:54
All I dream of is a soddin' sandwich...or toast in the morning, or some of the 12 year old malt in the cupboard. Can't touch anything that has wheat in it. Nothing. Bugger, bum, balls!

Loose Rivets, that's painful. If it's the wheat that you are allergic to, there are options like rice flour etc. Check with your doctor or a nutritionist. Many health-food stores have rice bread, rice crackers etc. I have also made spinach bread which has no wheat or carbs.
Google the recipe. It is nice with turkey, tomato and swiss cheese on top. Another no wheat, no carb bread subsitute is iceberg lettuce. Peel the large leaves off, spread on your favourite sandwich fillings, then roll up. With a little imagination and a good nutritionist, there are ways to not feel so deprived.

ONE MADE BY V2 -OMG.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

From YOUR other threadhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif, it appears you are a womanhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif {or a cross dresser}http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif so you should know how to make your http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/censored.gifown.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I too want to sit on the naughty step.

Rule 3, if I've just been insulted, I must have missed it. Yes, I am a woman, and one who is not to proud to admit she still likes to cook.
I love to stuff people, and have catered for family and friends.

Gee....it would appear the UK and EU are lacking when it comes to a really good sandwich. I will look up some more of my favourite sandwich recipes.
You guys need help!!!!!

603DX
8th Jan 2009, 16:54
Hot slices of salt beef freshly carved and steaming, creamed horseradish with sliced gherkins, wholemeal bread with rich yellow Guernsey butter, and a cool glass of 5% fat Guernsey milk to follow - bliss!!

(Resume taking the statins tomorrow.)

Matari
8th Jan 2009, 17:22
V2-OMG:

Here's the best sandwich yet: a load of corned beef, some sauerkraut, with swiss cheese melted on top. Open or closed face with russian dressing and rye bread. Quarter dill pickle on the side with kettle chips. Called a rueben sandwich in northern parts.

Any good cold lager will wash it down.

Cardiac arrest to follow, but since you've visited heaven already no big deal.

TRC
8th Jan 2009, 17:55
Corned beef, fresh onion and mayonnaise in crusty white bread. (As eaten by the Captain in 'The Good Shepherd' by C.S. Forester)

Yes, I am a woman, and one who is not to proud to admit she still likes to cook.
I love to stuff people...

I mis-read that the first time.... :oh:

Any room left on the naughty step?

birrddog
8th Jan 2009, 18:03
Not quite a sandwich, but never to be passed up....

Clotted Cream and Strawberry Jam on Scones or Croissants.

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 18:15
Hot slices of salt beef freshly carved and steaming, creamed horseradish with sliced gherkins, wholemeal bread with rich yellow Guernsey butter, and a cool glass of 5% fat Guernsey milk to follow - bliss!!

603, sounds pretty good. I like roast beef sands with olive and gin-infused mustard. Just add a tablespoon of gin and some chopped green olives to your favourite mustard (I like a grainy Dijon). This is a real English "Beefeater" sandwich.

It also goes well with sweet onions on the side. Boil one cup of white vinegar and one cup of sugar until dissolved. Cool. Pour over a spanish onion that has been cut into thick slices. Marinate overnight in fridge.

con-pilot
8th Jan 2009, 18:17
There is a Deli near Penn Station in New York City that has the best sandwiches that I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. Hot Pastrami, corned beef (salted beef), etcetera, the meat serving is huge. I just cannot remember the name of the place. You go out the main entrance of Penn Square, go across the street, turn right then left up the block and it is on the left about a half a block down. Looks like a hole in the wall type place. I have never been there when in wasn't packed.

I also really enjoy the salted beef (corned beef) sandwiches that they serve in Selfridge's salted beef shop on the first floor (ground floor for us Yanks). When I'm in London I always find time to have a salted beef sandwich there.

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 18:22
Matari ,TRC, con-pilot, yes, guys seem to really like corned beef. Reuben sandwiches are very popular in N. America.

ahhhh...New York's pastrami sands. This isn't a sandwich, but try prosciutto (Italian ham) wrapped around a wedge of fresh honeydew melon.

birddog, clotted cream and strawberries on scones - classic!

I also like cream cheese and ham on raisin bread.

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 18:30
Saab, bacon and avocado goes really well together.

To get away from all this meat once in awhile, try Vegetable Caviar.
Oven-roast chopped garlic, red, green and yellow peppers, eggplant and zucchini, with olive oil. Spread on favourite bread, then top with grated parmesan.

birrddog
8th Jan 2009, 18:33
And for the eclectic tastes out there..

Biltong, Cheddar & Cream Cheese (preferably Simonsig) and Salt 'n Vinegar Crisps on a buttered role or white bread.

Yumm!

(Variations also encouraged, avocado, tomato, etc.)

birrddog
8th Jan 2009, 18:36
con, Carnegie Deli in NY is world famous for its over sized Reubens as pictured below.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2484910117_0370595499.jpg?v=0

P.S. Good job I had lunch before reading this thread... I am several blocks away from Carnegie Deli and Penn Station this very moment!

con-pilot
8th Jan 2009, 18:40
con, Carnegie Deli in NY is world famous for its over sized Reubens as pictured below.

THAT'S THE PLACE!

Well done birrddog! :ok: :D

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 18:40
bird....Zowie! Only in New York!

Foss
8th Jan 2009, 19:13
Jesus Bird, that's a sandwich?

Ham, lettuce, onion, sweetcorn, mustard mayo in a white foot long for day to day, frezzing cold proper milk.
For a stupid sandwich..

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/Gfwfos/Philly_cheese_steak-1.jpg

Philly cheese steak

Beatriz Fontana
8th Jan 2009, 19:25
Back in my journalism days, I once ate what was allegedly the world's most expensive sandwich. Purely research purposes, of course.

Can't recall much about the roll itself, but it was top-notch caviar, oyster, salmon, etc. with weird lettuce, quail eggs and truffles.

How did it taste?

:mad: awful.

Give me a Yorkshire ham and Wensleydale cheese with Branston pickle any day.

birrddog
8th Jan 2009, 19:56
Foss, there is a place near times square NY (Philly Slims) that does good Philly cheese steaks..

Of course, the best ones are the worst for you, hence their names:
Widow Maker
Grilled steak, cheez wiz, bacon, onion rings and bbq sauce - 8.50
Fat Philly
Double grilled steak, double cheese, bacon, onion rings and russian dressing ----- 12.50

tony draper
8th Jan 2009, 20:08
Yup the Sarnie,just another thing we gave the world along wi many others such as the electric light bulb, which was invented in my town incidently.
:rolleyes:

V2-OMG!
8th Jan 2009, 20:50
Give me a Yorkshire ham and Wensleydale cheese....

Beatriz, after reading James Herriott's books, I started doing the real Yorkshire thing at Christmas; serving my fruit cake with a slice of Wensleydale cheese on top. It is unheard of in N. America - some of their reactions were mixed at first - but after they had a bite, everyone loved it.

The only way to eat fruitcake!

Paradise Lost
8th Jan 2009, 21:19
Not my favourite sandwich, but from The Green, Green Grass of Home tonight, I bring you Colin's favourite sandwich......the BLT.
Beetroot, liver and tuna! http://static.pprune.org/images/icons/icon15.gif

birrddog
8th Jan 2009, 21:36
I think I just lost my appetite :yuk:

603DX
8th Jan 2009, 21:38
Just a thought - if the Duke of Wellington and the Earl of Sandwich had swapped places, would we all be eating Wellingtons and wearing Sandwiches on our feet?

Semu
8th Jan 2009, 21:39
I have often thought of writing an essay on sandwiches in America, to explain the phenomena to our more cultured friends. At the pinnacle, however, is the Dagwood. An example might include bread (sturdy, fried in butter or lard), a small piece of lettuce, a tomato or two, sliced, at least half an onion, sliced, sliced dill pickles, sliced green olives, banana peppers, several slices of bacon, a fried egg or two, fried mushrooms, several thick slices of cheese, roast beef (rather a lot), and/or a fair bit of some other type of meat, the best choice being a couple of small steaks. Mustard and mayo to taste. I probably missed a few ingredients. I have cleared eight inches on a number of occasions.

At the far other end of the spectrum, we were catered with mayo, lettuce and cucumber sandwiches out of AMS not so long ago. :ooh:

I offer this link for a new restaurant idea. He will be rich if any of these end up near airports. A Meal To Die For Video - CBSNews.com (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4632991n)

con-pilot
8th Jan 2009, 21:41
Just a thought - if the Duke of Wellington and the Earl of Sandwich had swapped places, would we all be eating Wellingtons and wearing Sandwiches on our feet?

Now that's funny. :D

Course we do eat Beef Wellington.

Dushan
8th Jan 2009, 22:11
Montreal, 1971. Dun's Deli. St. Catherine's St. For About $3 you would get a pound of smoked meat on rye, pickle, and a soft drink.

Sadly no longer in business, although an off-shoot franchise exists.

Sounds a lot like the stuff birrddog and con-pilot describe. Yes, just as good as Carnegie Deli in NY, if not better. I thought it was closer to 57th St. on 8th Av.

pigboat
8th Jan 2009, 22:22
And beef sandwiches. :p

Dushan, the best smoked meat in Montreal now is Smoke Meat Pete's, just off Route 20 in Ile Perrot. I was introduced to the place by my late PPRuNe friend Lu Zuckerman.

Dushan
8th Jan 2009, 22:29
Pigboat,
good to know. Now that Ben's is gone, there aren't that many places where one can get a decent "special" - no description necessary.

On a side note, in a few places in Toronto where you can get smoked meat, "Montreal Smoked Meat" as if there is any other kind, they ask you if you want lettuce, tomato, and cheese. I think that justifies homicide with bare hands.

Avitor
8th Jan 2009, 22:40
Delicate cucumber sandwiches. My breeding, you see! :8

603DX
8th Jan 2009, 23:06
All these descriptions of American deli sandwiches has reminded me of the first time I tasted the authentic US of A hot salt beef sandwich. It was in the middle of the decade known as the "Swinging Sixties", in Kings Road Chelsea, London, in a corner deli called Guys and Dolls - just a hundred yards from the Peter Jones store in Sloane Square.

My wife and I lived in a flat within easy walking distance along the Kings Road, and what a walk! Mini skirts were at their zenith, more wideish belts than proper skirts, even my wife (a respectable professional nurse) wore eyebrow-raising hemlines and dazzling multi-coloured garments to keep up with the promenading dolly-birds. To experience the gastronomic delights of the salt-beef-on-rye, on top of this delightful visual stimulus, felt like heaven on earth to this twenty-something young male!

Aaaaah, memories, memories ......

G-SCUD
8th Jan 2009, 23:44
My dirty secret is fish fingers on granary (the latter obviously cancelling out the unhealthy formerů). As with many of my vices, I find that alcohol is invariably a factor...

Howard Hughes
9th Jan 2009, 00:20
Who needs a sandwich? Steaming hot fresh bread dripping with butter (not marge) will do me!:ok:

birrddog
9th Jan 2009, 00:38

Indeed.

I highly recommend "The Grenadier" Pub in London (near Hyde Park Corner) which was the old Duke of Wellington's Barracks, and the home of "Beef Wellington".

They still serve it, and it is still good, as is the Guinn-i (plural of Guinness).

Ogre
9th Jan 2009, 01:01
Nostalgia makes me add what used to be our equivalent of a school dinner, a floury white roll ripped open and a packet of Smiths salt and vinegar crisps as the filling. A crunchy lunch!

My family favourite was strawberry jam and a nice strong cheddar, but everyone else turns their nose up at it. Or a sliced banana and strong cheddar, even better toasted!

No wonder I'm constantly fighting the flab!

Ogre

Rollingthunder
9th Jan 2009, 11:08
Two Cumberland sausages sliced in half, raw onion slices, between two slices of thick bread slathered in butter. Salt and pepper. HP optional.

Foss
9th Jan 2009, 11:47
Semu,
that Heart attack grill looks fantastic. God I'm hungry now.

Rush2112
10th Jan 2009, 00:28
We have some decent purveyors of ready-made sarnies here, including the imaginatively-named "Sandwich Shop", freshly made on the premises in front of your very eyes. Massive All Day Breakfast, bacon, sausage, egg, tom sauce. A winner.

For home made sandwiches, little can beat a fried egg banjo, although the addition of some chips won't hurt. Brown sauce please.

gingernut
10th Jan 2009, 01:11
mash tatties, beans, and me'mums onion gravy....yummy

Crepello
10th Jan 2009, 04:08
Mmm, good thread.

Back in my days in Brummagum there was The Albion pub, just below the Aston Expressway, where 90p of your student grant would buy the best chip buttie... basically a whole loaf of bread, chopped in half, with a portion of chips thrown down the middle. Hangovers never tasted so good.

But for best sandwich ever, does hot chicken balti and naans count? Always set my heart - and digestive system - a-flutter.

Sheesh, back Stateside less than 10 days and I'm homesick already! :} :):O

Loose rivets
10th Jan 2009, 05:44
I mentioned this years ago, but one day I was hungry and tired, and heading for Liverpool Street station. A deli at the top of the slope sold me a wonderful sandwich about two inches thick...stuffed with chicken, ham, dressing...looked fantastic. I plonked myself down on a platform seat.

The bloke asking me for money could have made a fortune as Marlon Brando's stand in. Perhaps more like a cross between Brando and Danial Graig. His clothes came from Oxfam's waste bin, but somehow he made them look stylish.

"I havn't got any cash left..." Then in an uncharacteristically generous moment, I offered him half my sandwich. "would you like this?"

He flopped down beside me, took my gift, held it before him with both hands and stared at it with eyes that were scarcely connected to his brain.

"Yeeerrrrrr FCUKIN'....."

Oh, dear. He wanted money...or even booze...or both....

Yerrrr FCUKIN'..................MARVELOUS!" He said, and sank his muchers into the half of my dinner. If I'd dined him at the Ritz, served by six lusty maidens, he couldn't have looked more pleased.

Giving is a great joy

But I wish I'd ordered the spam on sliced white.:suspect:

AMF
10th Jan 2009, 07:05
Reubens run a close second, but....

Fried-egg sandwich on wheat with loads of bacon, cheese, mayo, and a dash of Tabasco. With a sliced avacado on the side and the whole mess backed-up by a strong Bloody Mary Chicago-style (a quarter dill pickle spear replacing the celery), you have the perfect breakfast.

Foss
10th Jan 2009, 12:15
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/Gfwfos/hotsauce-1.jpg

Made a ham salad sarnie with this stuff, and a hefty dose of tabasco. Clears your nose.

birrddog
10th Jan 2009, 18:06
Now I want a Lamb Shwarma Sandwich, from Al-Dahb (sp?) on the Kings Road near Peter Jones End.

Their lamb is sooo delicious... real pieces of lamb, none of that minced lamb bollocks, cooked to perfection on a rotisserie, every piece succulent, crispy and moist.

This is not one of those hole in the wall kebab joints after a night out on the piss...

This is best appreciated sober, as a main meal!

:{ Why does it have to be 3,500 miles away??

Too Short
10th Jan 2009, 18:56
I'm not a sandwich lover really but one or two notable exceptions are:-

Hot roast pork with stuffing and apple sauce in a white breadcake (it's a yorkshire thing! I think they are called 'rolls' here in the south - do correct me if I'm wrong) :ok:

Or

Buttered (has to be butter, no marge) breadcake filled with roast chicken, stuffing and lettuce, absolutely NO mayo.

Or

Hoi Sin duck wrap with lettuce, cucumber and spring onions.

Or

Warm ciabatta with melted mozzarella, basil, sun dried tomatoes and pepperoni.

Or, if feeling like being really bad:

Crisps (any flavour, whatever I'm in the mood for, but definitely Walkers), in white bread - bliss!

ExSp33db1rd
10th Jan 2009, 20:13
........Montreal, 1971. Dun's Deli. St. Catherine's St. ........

Preferred the Chicken Chalet (?) myself, the gravy was to die for !!

Foss
10th Jan 2009, 20:32
Too Short
The only proper crisps are Tayto.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/Gfwfos/cheese-and-onion.jpg
But putting them in a sandwich is still naff.

Standard, back me up here... anytime

west lakes
10th Jan 2009, 20:40
But putting them in a sandwich is still naff.

Nah, crisp buttys are :ok::ok: or crisps with whatever cold filling you have in your buttys

Parapunter
10th Jan 2009, 20:53
Tuna mayo baguette stuffed with Walkers salt & vinegar. It's the child in me.

Too Short
10th Jan 2009, 21:06
I've never seen them there Taytos but if I ever do, I'll give them a go.

As for naffness, nothing wrong with a crisp sandwich, as West Lakes concurs. You need to stuff it with plenty of crisps though - almost the whole bag (so you get enough flavour), just saving a few to have with it, or afterwards. Then you have to press down firmly to break all the crisps to prevent leakage. The crunch mixed with the soft bread is heavenly!

Strangely, my other half doesn't understand this either - he doesn't know what he's missing!

Hagbard the Amateur
10th Jan 2009, 21:22
A good application for crisps on open bread. Choose your flavour (plain salted is my choice) - grind the crisps up into crumbs - mix them with grated cheddar, double gloucester or lancashire cheese. Place on half toasted bread. Grill until golden. Serve with Branston pickle.

con-pilot
10th Jan 2009, 21:28
Naw.

Now, this is a sandwich. ;)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c246/con-pilot/180px-Dagwood.jpg

The mighty 'Dagwood'! :ok:

Parapunter
10th Jan 2009, 21:44
That's not a sandwich, its a narrative.:eek:

Rossian
10th Jan 2009, 22:38
I don't know why, but the sight of that and the thought of even trying to eat it just made me heave. It's obscene, like the trailer on TV earlier this evening for a prog called "My half ton son" or some such.
The Ancient Mariner

con-pilot
10th Jan 2009, 22:54
I don't know why, but the sight of that and the thought of even trying to eat it just made me heave.

To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue on even how to eat that thing. :\

Dushan
11th Jan 2009, 00:20
Preferred the Chicken Chalet (?) myself, the gravy was to die for !!

Do you mean Swiss Chalet (http://www.swisschalet.ca/) - the world's best gravy, or St. Hubert (http://www.st-hubert.com/en/index.php), also very good?

V2-OMG!
11th Jan 2009, 00:28
Dushan, are you out of your mind? Any "gravy" from a chain either comes out of a powder packet or a can. I don't even like the Swiss Chalet "dipping sauce." It is so salty and loaded with chemicals - last time I glowed in the dark when the boyfriend turned out the lights!

That ain't real gravy, luv.

Real gravy is made from pan drippings. And BTW, I make the best gravy.

(Besides being a whiz in the kitchen, she's modest too.)

V2-OMG!
11th Jan 2009, 00:33
Dushan, can you please delete your last post about 9/11.

I deleted mine. I guess it was not in very good taste.

Dushan
11th Jan 2009, 00:35
Well I like it and from the looks of it ExSp33db1rd likes it too. What can I say.

Dushan
11th Jan 2009, 00:37
Done, before your request. Apologies to all.

V2-OMG!
11th Jan 2009, 00:41
Dushan, thanks.

Apologies to those I may have offended too.

I tend to push the boundaries......:ouch:

V2-OMG!
11th Jan 2009, 00:47
Well I like it and from the looks of it ExSp33db1rd likes it too. What can I say.

I guess it's just not my day when it comes to "gravy" and over-the-top references to 9/11.

How do I make it up to you? I know! One barrel of Swiss Chalet gravy will be shipped via UPS STAT! You can put it on everything.....breakfast, lunch and dinner...or just drink it right from the barrel. :eek:

Dushan
11th Jan 2009, 00:55
I guess it's just not my day when it comes to "gravy" and over-the-top references to 9/11.

How do I make it up to you? I know! One barrel of Swiss Chalet gravy will be shipped via UPS STAT! You can put it on everything.....breakfast, lunch and dinner...or just drink it right from the barrel. :eek:

Well thanks, but I have a Swiss Chalet about a 5 minute walk from here. Used to be a 1 minute walk (the original one).

And it does not have to be put just on food:mad:

con-pilot
11th Jan 2009, 01:31
Ah yes, but very few people in the world have had my 'fried turkey' sandwiches.

To move to Oklahoma for they are. :ok:

(Okay, just to visit Oklahoma for. ;))

V2-OMG!
11th Jan 2009, 03:33
And it does not have to be put just on foodhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/censored.gif

Somehow, I don't think this is what the marketing team had in mind when they came up with the corporate tagline of "Family Happens at Swiss Chalet."