PDA

View Full Version : C-210 Vh-hxh

Ex FSO GRIFFO
8th Jan 2009, 04:07
G'Day Guys and Gals,

I notice that 210 HXH from the Ngaanyatjarra Community is on the market.
Asking price $180K.
It is an 'N' model.....lots of hours.

Anybody flown it recently? What's it like?

Just curious at this stage is all.

Cheers:ok:

compressor stall
8th Jan 2009, 05:08
All other things equal N series were my favourite. Higher flap speeds if memory serves me correctly. 156kts?

PLovett
8th Jan 2009, 05:44
And no bleedin up-locks on the undercarriage.:ugh:

300Series
8th Jan 2009, 05:47
i think the flap speeds on the N model were 0 - 10 degrees = 165, 10 - 20 degrees = 140, and 20-30degrees = 115? or 110? i think 115 but its been a while now.

Great machines

Chadzat
8th Jan 2009, 06:14
Last time I flew it would have been 12-14 months ago. It was online with Ausjet in YBAS after Abo Air went tits up.

Was a solid machine. Obviously it had been doing the mail runs for NG and then for a few months with Ausjet so its got plenty of cycles on it. From a sketchy memory I think it got a new engine in the second half of '07.

In terms of condition- it had a useable interior, not flash as it had seated plenty of indigenous Australians over the years. Windows were badly scratched, paint was fair to good with plenty of stonechips in the vulnerable areas. Panel had a GPS155, navomatic AP all the usual stuff to enable it to be IFR on the MR.

From my limited knowledge of aircraft pricing- 180K seems about right.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8981/nyrripi005av6.jpg (http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nyrripi005av6.jpg)
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/nyrripi005av6.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img117/nyrripi005av6.jpg/1/)

the wizard of auz
8th Jan 2009, 07:12
Was a bit of a bucket when I saw it last out at Blackstone ranges. that was a few years ago though. I would suggest you need one of them little green trees you put in your car to make it smell nice. The previous customer base tend to leave a lingering odor that stays in the upholstery for ever. :E

Wally Mk2
8th Jan 2009, 09:12
Ah the old C210. Yes a good machine, a plane that made for good debating over the old adage Holden V Ford as in A36 v C210, as in which one da best? Anyone recall the Turb pen speed of the old Cessna 210? Was it 119 kts? I used to work on planes in general & when it came to doing a 100 hrly on a C210 I was always amazed at the few piddly little wing bolts that was all that was keeping the pax from their makers:)

I've always found the C210 to be expensive to hire & or buy. Demand I guess. I can recall paying $120 p?hr for one when scrambling up to the BDV races, sheeeez that was expensive:-(

And as for the smell from pax over the years? That smell I still have to endure even these days....double yuk:sad:
Let us all know 'Griffo' if you buy it or one like it, some in here might be able to send you some food stamps:ok:

Wmk2

Chimbu chuckles
8th Jan 2009, 10:18
Well Wally they still make A36s...when Cessna stopped making 210s they destroyed the jigs...gotta be a message there I would have thought.

A high time ex Abo hauler = 180K?

Not this side of hell freezing over.

the wizard of auz
8th Jan 2009, 10:31
Not this side of hell freezing over.
My thoughts as well. :ok:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
8th Jan 2009, 10:51
Thanks Guys for the responses.

In 'another lifetime' when I was flying out of Kal, we used to have these plastic covers which in turn were covered over with a canvas 'envelope' for the seats, and heavy duty plastic floor cutouts - probably for the obvious....

One of my sons is very keen - for a commercial venture - and we have been looking stateside, but so far the AUD and the 'economic crunch' are making us (me) see sense.

This one has a LOT of hours for the same price ex US - even with the assoc costs etc. So, we shall se wot we shall see......

ALL comments duly noted!!!
Diplomatically - thats all I'm gonna say - bin dere - dun dat!!

Thanks again guys:ok::ok: The power of Pruners.....:ok::ok:

Jabawocky
8th Jan 2009, 11:24
Griffo

nice very low hour 210 over here if you can convince the owner to part with it, even though he said he wanted to....:rolleyes:

PM me if you need the details!

J:ok:

scavalenger
8th Jan 2009, 12:33
I flew HXH 3 months ago, last trip from NGU to BAS..It was based in Ngukurr for 3 months and I looked after the plane well during my time so there's no doubt about the plane condition. New engine, new interior, great AP (it does the job), GPS, I had problem with starter motor once, the ring broke off during the start up so they replaced the new one, that was around OCT, otherwise that bird flies beautiful..HXH has identical twin sister MTJ, they both look the same inside out, which I flew before flying HXH..they both took turns to base out in Ngukurr..Most of all, the owner is the LAME so he services his planes well so it should worth buying it. Good Luck!

the wizard of auz
8th Jan 2009, 14:16
new interior
Well that would fix the problem I was alluding to.:ok:

one dollar short
8th Jan 2009, 22:45
chazdat, is that nyrippi ?

ah memories........

Chadzat
8th Jan 2009, 23:12
Oh he's good! Got it in one mate. You can tell by the grain of the tarmac on the apron! :ok:

I wonder if they have graded the strip by now.....it was rough as guts when we were up there!

vee tail
9th Jan 2009, 00:12
I fail to see how after a few rebirths and lots of hours how a 210 in these times is worth 180K, although the machine might look nice now, its still done the K's. Times are hard, look around.
In Melbourne last month 1300 cars were repossesed and nearly the same in Sydney, albeit that they were luxury cars mostly but the toys are beginning to go:{:{:{

the wizard of auz
9th Jan 2009, 01:09
Hey ya bloke. hey, you need to update your location. :E
Maybe they are starting to cost more through demand, the attrition rate and no new ones to replace them is causing the demand to rise, and availability rate to fall.
Some people have based their whole business on the C210.
$180K is still a big ask though.

185skywagon
9th Jan 2009, 01:10
Griffo,
15k tt would be a deterent for that money.

Check inboard rivet line along main (underside) spar for smoking rivets.
If they been replaced wth cherry types, I would walk away, as I am fairly sure they cannot be replaced, if they start working.
A visit to the CPA site would be wise.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Jan 2009, 01:55
Thankyou '185', et al,

We are a little way off yet from actually making the FIRM decision - the '$ Crunch' is still a big factor - well, in my mind anyway.

But we have to start the research somewhere, and where better than PPRuNers to go to gain from such a vast pool of learned experience ?

I only flew them - I never maintained them as such - and that was 'some' years ago.
But I did wash and polish many times. Hence I do value the various comments. I am very concious of corrosion issues.

I reckon they flew much more betterish when clean and sparkling...
And yep, they're gettin' old. Just like me, so you never know...
And they are a good workhorse.

I'll let you know how we go, but it may not be for a while yet...
Thanks again all!!:ok:

dude65
9th Jan 2009, 03:34
Here's a selection of 210's with differing hours and prices to match PlaneSales.com.au - Aircraft For Sale - Aircraft Sales - Used Aircraft for Sale - Airplanes for Sale - Used Airplanes for Sale - Airplane Sales - Australia (http://www.planesales.com.au/search_results.php?dosearch=1&category_id=0&aircraft_type_id=1&model_id=1585&price_min=0&price_max=0&year_min=0&year_max=0&search=Search)

185skywagon
9th Jan 2009, 04:28
Griffo,
Another bit of useless info:
If you find one (M model or there abouts) with gear doors, it would be a fair bet that it hasn't been bellied in. If it has the gear doors, it will be a bit faster than one without. 210's with the gear door mod(ie removal of dooors due gear up), will have the nose gear door closed with the gear down.
Models that came out from the factory, minus the main gear doors, will have the nose gear doors open with the gear down.

Any internal corrosion, walk away. There are a few limestone caves out there.
Would mostly relate to mid 70's units, as is true for most of the rest of the 100 series, due to poor corrosion resistance of the Alclad used at the time.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Jan 2009, 05:55
Thanks Dude - for the ad. list.

'185' - PM sent - Ta muchly.

Hey 'Owen' - mostly because the son thinks he has a use for a 210. I know there is an 'inherent risk' here - but so far, touch wood, I haven't, and it does add to the maint....however, .... 'Dare to Dream'....??

To those too numerous to mention - Thanks again guys :ok::ok:

Stationair8
10th Jan 2009, 11:01
Rule #1 Flies, Float's or his Female rent it.
Rule#2 Tits or Tyres it will end in tears.

Clearedtoreenter
10th Jan 2009, 17:50
Will the rumoured SIDs (Supplemental Inspection Document?) or whatever it is, hit 210's yet? Maybe a real headache for the high timers?

ForkTailedDrKiller
11th Jan 2009, 12:19
I see there is a good'un for sale in Broome - only 16,000 hrs on the clock!

the wizard of auz
11th Jan 2009, 12:36
where? you got a link?
No I don't want to buy it, but I'm sure I know it.

vee tail
11th Jan 2009, 22:39
What the rego, pretty sure I would have steered it too. I got a hand full or two of hours in 210's:eek:

Hey Wiz, you in operation yet

the wizard of auz
11th Jan 2009, 23:18
Nah mate....... PM sent