PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Airways Cadet Programme

pennsyltuckypilot
6th Jan 2009, 22:15
I just saw on Etihad's website that the company is again hiring cadet pilots in 2009. Their website indicates that seats are still available for the New York interview session in August. I have a few questions if anyone can answer them:
1.) If I was selected to attend the interview session in NY, how long would it hypothetically take for a decision to be made with regards to my acceptance or rejection?
2.) If I was hired, would I start later in 2009 or at the beginning of 2010?
3.) Has anyone on here been selected as an Etihad cadet? What was the experience like?
OR can anyone put me into contact with a present or former Etihad cadet?
4.) Is this whole cadet programme truly a "good deal?"

Thank you all in advance for any answers you may be able to provide. I attempted to email Etihad several times with some questions, but never received a response.

MikeAlphaNovember
7th Jan 2009, 08:06
Try this one: http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/346704-etihad-cadet-pilot-programme-2009-a.html;)

ATCNoob
8th Jan 2009, 17:29
Search PPrune and you will find all the answers you are looking for...

GBB
8th Jan 2009, 18:06
4.) Is this whole cadet programme truly a "good deal?"
Hmmm...

When all is paid, training allowance provided, accom. + trans. provided, job on a A320 at the end... How cld be this a bad deal to u?

Toubob
9th Jan 2009, 11:35
"Truly a good deal" surely you must be joking.

Try going to any flight training center and getting your CPL. If you can get the $100000.00 loan you will have no job.

The Ey cadet pilot program may be hard to get into but it's free and offers you right seat on a brand new A320. Hard to be by any standards.

The only other like offer out their is in the military, which comes with all sorts of discipline etc which is not everyones cup of tea.

Give it a try. It all depends on you. No BS. Just pass the tests and do well in the interview.

It in my opinion is like wining a career lottery. No loose trying it out.

Good Luck