PDA

View Full Version : casa PICs in Congo

mamyfuel
6th Jan 2009, 14:32
Does anyone here have more info on the posted jobs flying CASA 212 in the Congo (on climbto350.com and numerous other places..)?

Thanks!

LittleMo
6th Jan 2009, 20:09
It's probably for Kivu Air in Goma. They're a good enouh operation and maintenance is good too. Flew for them for a while and always got paid on time and in full. Also you do some awesome flying,landing on roads etc (Walikale)

SNS3Guppy
6th Jan 2009, 23:04
It's for Evergreen.

mamyfuel
7th Jan 2009, 05:45
Yes it is for Evergreen, that much I know. Anyone knows who to contact/where to send CV etc.

Thanks!

avionimc
8th Jan 2009, 08:01
Are these the two old CASA-212 of Aero-Service in Pointe Noire?

Were they sold to Evergreen?

CASA-212-300 DF reg. TN-AFD
and
CASA-212-100 reg. TN-AFA

BTW, any one knows what happened to Aero-Service?

SNS3Guppy
8th Jan 2009, 14:16
Evergreen Employment - Jobs (http://www.evergreenaviation.com/emp/index.html)

C212-100
8th Jan 2009, 17:53
They still haven't got it on the evergreen website... Is it really for evergreen?

I, and some friends, are rated PIC on the CASA 212, flying for the portuguese Air Force and we would be interested in a kind of position like this one. Is it available for European guys or only for Canadian?

Does anyone have infos on the kind of contract we would be facing? Any light about T&C's and the conditions?

Thank you very much!

Cheers.

SNS3Guppy
9th Jan 2009, 04:42
It's Evergreen. The job doesn't appear to be advertised presently, and it's not on sites where it was previously seen...perhaps the jobs have been filled.

avionimc
9th Jan 2009, 07:14
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii388/avionimc/Casa212100TNAFA20070125.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii388/avionimc/Casa212300DFBZV20070120.jpg

Need to Know Basis
9th Jan 2009, 09:03
It is definately NOT Evergreen. Must be someone else ?:=

SNS3Guppy
10th Jan 2009, 01:10
A few days ago Evergreen was advertising 212 crews for the Congo...perhaps others are doing the same too...but yes, it most definitely was evergreen advertising for both captains and first officers in Casas for a congo operation.

LOGS
2nd Mar 2009, 08:47
Think that they would hire someone without time on the airplane. I have almost double the mins with good TPIC and would be willing to buy my own type. Also anyone know how much their paying? Thanks

WDaron
2nd Mar 2009, 10:56
Think that they would hire someone without time on the airplane. I have almost double the mins with good TPIC and would be willing to buy my own type. Also anyone know how much their paying? Thanks

=Jason-

----

Hi Jason,

<sarcam begins>

Do you think SA would hire me without any time on their A340s? I have almost double the mins with good TPIC and would be willing to buy my own type rating.
Maybe Emirates - do you think if I buy my own type rating they'll hire me on the A380? Huh, huh???

<end sarcasm>

C'mon man - get some respect! This is the PROFESSIONAL Pilot RUmour Network - not the AMATEUR pilot, my bank account is bigger than your bank account, backstabbing, steal jobs, lower the profession for everybody Network.

If you really desire some adventure to go fly in the Congo, companies like Naturelink, ET, NAC, Qwila, Fugro, and others are active in East/Central Africa, and are hiring. Most will NOT make you buy a job, and offer a somewhat decent life, with a reasonable paycheck on multi-engine turbine equipment (1900, Twin Otter, Brasilia, ATR, etc...)

So - darling Jason - as you mentioned in another thread how you were bored in India and wanted to have some fun. How about when you do make it to SA, and finally start to enjoy some bucks and quality of life. What will you say when some young oak shows up, who'll pay for his training, and do the job for half your salary.

I can't wait for that day!!! :D:D:D:D:D

:=:=:=:=:=

LOGS
2nd Mar 2009, 11:08
^^ Wow, feel threatened or something? With such a great attitude like yours, I'm sure you have no problem networking.

Seriously though, its not like the CASA is a complex aircraft like the A340/A380. Basically all "smaller" TP's are really the same.

Where did money come into this? I make a very good paycheck here in India and I'm sure I'd take a loss coming to africa but its not always about the money.

How would I be backstabbing? If the company feels that I would be better suited than someone else like you, then so be it, stop your crying. I was just asking if anyone knew what their policy is.

FYI, many of the contract jobs out there will require you to buy a type or two. Yes sometimes it sucks but it usually pays off.

So yes I will apply and I do hope to get the job. Sounds like a good adventure. No, I wouldn't expect lower pay, especially if I buy my type but I seriously hope I don't fly with assholes like yourself.

Keep working on that attitude, seems like your just aalllmmoost there:ok:

LOGS
2nd Mar 2009, 11:57
Also when did I state I would do it for half the pay? My questions was because their mins posted are 1500 TT with type in the CASA. I wondered if they would hire on the specilation that I get my type. I still wondered why you're so threatened?

WDaron
2nd Mar 2009, 12:11
Jason -

If you are willing to self-sponsor your type rating without knowing ***anything*** about the pay, terms, and conditions of this CASA operator, it says everything I need to know about you.

Daron

LOGS
2nd Mar 2009, 12:17
Sweet Daron -

Is not asking on this forum maybe the first step on finding stuff out about the company or maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way. Did I ever say I was going to just go out and buy the type??? You got me confused, maybe you're reading between the lines or think that I'm fresh out of flight school? I asked if it was possible, or would it be a waste to throw a resume to them and contact them. By no means would I just go buy a type rating EVER without been given a job offer first. Wow, just wow lol :D

WDaron
3rd Mar 2009, 00:38
Jason,

Is not asking on this forum maybe the first step on finding stuff out about the company or maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.

As you said, ASKING on this forum is the first step about finding out about Evergreen.

OPENLY VOLUNTEERING to buy your type rating to get the job in the second line of your first message on the company not only reeks of desperation, it is exactly the opposite of what a presumably well-qualified PROFESSIONAL pilot like yourself should be doing.

It is no wonder you're getting flamed on this thread as well as the India/Africa one - because you just don't get it. Lots of guys here are struggling to find steady work in Africa to put food on the table and make a living. Here comes this young oak who not only clearly does not understand the realities of flying in Africa, but is willing to undercut everyone to jump to the front of the line.

You want adventure? Why don't you read the other thread active right now, about ITAB in DRC, to learn what Africa's really going to be like. You're going to live in a craphole apartment with no electricity or running water, be paid at least 2-6 months late, routinely be required to fly over MTOW, and have non-existant maintenance standards/MEL usage. But wait, my name is Jason and I'll jump the que because I'm willing to BUY my type rating. My name is Jason and I'm even willing to give up this great paying job in India I have to fly in Africa (which incidentally I'm calling bullcrap on, because its a well known fact India is getting rid of expat pilots). My name is Jason and I don't want to take a good airline job (as if you could find one right now). My name is Jason and I'm such a good pilot that all turboprops are the same.

The way you write about this job, you clearly believe that what would get you the job at Evergreen is your ability to buy your type rating, not the fact that you have TPIC in some decent airplanes. You flaunt that - and thats what is upsetting most people about you.

Did I ever say I was going to just go out and buy the type???
You got me confused, maybe you're reading between the lines or think that I'm fresh out of flight school? I asked if it was possible, or would it be a waste to throw a resume to them and contact them. By no means would I just go buy a type rating EVER without been given a job offer first. Wow, just wow lol

LOGS
3rd Mar 2009, 04:24
You sir are an idiot and good way of just talking out of your ass about what you may have "heard" about expats being forced out of India than what you really know. They are eventually forcing out expats in the commerical aviation side of things here in the next 10 years, nothing has been said here about anything on the corperate side. Also the job description said you much have PIC type, so yea PIC type. Maybe people like yourself are struggling because you have this attitude that I won't do this or that and other people will. I'm sorry but an ego, and ****ty attitude just isn't cut out in this industry and you're getting what you deserve. Anyhow I'm done talking to you, you obviously feel like getting into some pissing match maybe because you don't have anything better to do.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Mar 2009, 10:01
Logs .....
Ma va a quel paese .....?

Meaning
Logs
But why don t you go to he....?

I do not know who you believe you are , but I am sure that the way you have been expose your self to WDaron make me understand that it is better change job.

You are from now on on my ignore list .
My all the worse for you
No regards

WDaron
You are right and I am with you on this matter

R.V.

JTrain
3rd Mar 2009, 14:37
dang, you know things are bad when even Riccardo is dissin' you and you can't fight back.....

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Mar 2009, 15:28
J train ,
do you have a job at the moment?
R.V.
If yes please do not laugh on people that are not in the same situation you are.
About injustice in the aviation field , well has been long time that I am trying to improve the position of Professional Pilots , so I guess please do not pull my legs any longer on this matter. I sure appreciate your understanding
Thanks
R.V.

JTrain
3rd Mar 2009, 16:54
Riccardo,

I was not laughing at you in my message.

I was merely pointing out how bad things were for LOGS that you, who is normally the whipping boy on the Africa section of Pprune, were criticizing him and there was nothing he could say to defend himself.

For your information LOGS appears to be the enemy of all hard-working professional pilots. He thinks his money can get him a job, as WDaron was saying.

I want you to think about that for a moment, Riccardo, as you appear to be a well-qualified commercial pilot. Imagine if you and him applied for the CASA 212. You and him were the two finalists for the job BUT he gets it because he's willing to buy his type rating.

How does that make you feel?

LOGS
4th Mar 2009, 13:35
This thread has become very funny.

Just because you don't have a job gives you the right to insult those who do?

Just because you're not willing to do what needs to be done to get a job gives you the right to bitch about it to people who are willing.

Obviously if it came down to us two and I got the job was because I was the better choice, or would a company choose the worse one?

You must not know but buying your type is a VERY common thing in contract flying.

In reality, we all pay for the type rating in one way or another.

Keep it up, you guys are really entertaining me on this flight trip. Flew 6 hours today...felt great ;)

sslliicckk
5th Mar 2009, 04:42
Where can you get the ground school and type rating at for the Casa 212?
Thanks

greenno
5th Mar 2009, 09:39
but someone knows what airline is hiring? Evergreen? Kivu Air?

Casa 212 nickname is BOX SHOE

Any TRTO in Spain to get CASA's TR. Only military and State aircraft are flying here.

sslliicckk
5th Mar 2009, 11:22
TRTO????????
Any other place besides Spain for schooling for the Casa 212?

C212-100
5th Mar 2009, 12:27
Hello to everybody.

Does anyone know what outfit is that and where to apply? I am a C212 PIC with 1700 TT, 700 as PIC. Would really like to know more about which company is it for and what about the T&C's. Anyone can share some info?

Best regards to you all.

greenno
5th Mar 2009, 14:59
http://www.eaglejet.se/Prislista.doc

sslliicckk
5th Mar 2009, 18:24
I called that EagleJet training place in Miami
http://www.eaglejet.se/Prislista.doc
and they stopped 2 or 3 years ago and they didn't know of any other place in the US that does the training?????????

Any other ideas, training at the factory in Spain or what?

greenno
6th Mar 2009, 09:49
I'm not sure but I think I know a man working in CASA or EADS, I'm going to ask. I couldn't found any info in Google. Maybe in Malaysa...

C212-100
9th Mar 2009, 14:15
Anyone knows anything more about this operation of Evergreen? And what about Terms and Conditions? I have made a spontaneous application through their website.

Any info I am pretty much obliged.

Thank you!

C212-100
14th Mar 2009, 23:03
It is confirmed: Those jobs are for an evergreen operation in Congo. climbto350 as the job posted. I have already applied through evergreen website and am still waiting for a response from them. As anyone applied already?

Cheers!

rick1128
15th Mar 2009, 00:17
Which Congo? It makes a big difference.

C212-100
15th Mar 2009, 00:29
Rick,

That is what I need to ask evergreen if they call me for any kind of assessment... For now I have no info. Know nothing about the operation they are performing, nothing about which of the Congo's, nothing about T&C. Haven't got the faintest idea... I was hopping to know something on pprune, but it seems like the CASA dricers don't use this forum...

Cheers.

P.S.: Are you applying?

5Z4
15th Mar 2009, 08:19
Better that you just shut up....

rick1128
15th Mar 2009, 12:58
C212,

No I am not. I used to work for Evergreen. There is a saying around the helicopter industry, 'Everyone has worked for Evergreen, ONCE'. The CASA's are under the helicopter program, so the FW pilots are treated like a lesser life form. There are some good people there, but the management resembles the movie 'Animal House'. The benefits are good. Keep in mind since you are working overseas, their insurance program kicks in immediately, not 90 days down the road. The pay is normally a little lower that the norm for these types of contracts. Evergreen has a history of paying under the average pay for the area and industry. Your job is only as secure as the contract. When the contract goes away, so does your job. While it is possible that they might continue to use you after the contract, it is not the norm.

Maintenance is normally good, but the final quality as always depends on the quality of the mechanics in the field. John K. was and most likely still is the the Director of Maintenance out of McMinnville. He has a very good head on this shoulders, but remember he is a company man, first and foremost. If you have a problem and he likes your suggestion on how to deal with it, he will support you fully. If he doesn't like it, don't go there.

It is like no other company you could imagine. You will go places and do things, you never though you would do. It is an experience you will never get anywhere else.

C212-100
15th Mar 2009, 21:23
Better that you just shut up....

Why and to whom are you saying that? If I may ask...

C212-100
15th Mar 2009, 21:31
Rick,

Thank you for all the time sharing your experience and knowledge about evergreen.

I am still trying them because I would really like to keep on flying turbo-prop instead of the A's and B's. At least for some years (even for the entire rest of my flying career, who knows). Because of that desire I am talking to everyone that has CASA 212 as I am type rated on the a/c. Nowadays as you well know the times are difficult and it is hard, if not impossible, to grab a seat on a turbo-prop if not type-rated...

If you know of someone that as a place for me flying turbo-prop, preferrably in Africa, please give me a call. :)

Cheers!

ehwatezedoing
17th Mar 2009, 22:55
sslliicckk, google "Fayard Enterprises Llc"

Being part 91, these guys might be the only ones willing to give a C-212 training versus $$$ to a complete stranger.
Just beware of the quality of it as they are known to use dummy copilots (aka someone not even trained on type to occupy the right seat) for some of their skydive ops.

There is also Blackwater aviation but I don't think you would call them a training outfit :}
Same with Fugro who is not hiring anyway.