PDA

View Full Version : Certification Maintenance Requirements (CMR)

zooom
6th Jan 2009, 13:41
Please if there are some experts..I need definition of CMR's (Certification Maintenance Requirements) ??

shinobi1
6th Jan 2009, 16:06
Any chance you could narrow your request down a little bit?

It's a pretty big area with lots of variations in definition depending on the area you looking into.:ok:

Shinobi

happybiker
6th Jan 2009, 21:22
Try the FAA web site Advisory Circular AC25-19. This provides the background and definition for CMRs which are maintenance tasks identified during the Type Certification process.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/f6133cfa6aaab40e862569d00076b0d7/$FILE/ATTPTF70/AC25-19.pdf

Miles Gustaph
7th Jan 2009, 03:15
...are you sure that your not looking at a Certificate of Maintenance Review? (CMR)

zooom
7th Jan 2009, 15:36
Yes I'm sure..it is Certification Maintenance Requirements.

Link above helps...thanks.

Paradism
7th Jan 2009, 18:01
Zooom

This link may be more useful to you since you appear to be in Europe, it links to CS-25 Certification Specification - Large Aeroplanes.

http://www.easa.eu.int/ws_prod/g/doc/Agency_Mesures/Certification_Spec/decision_ED_2003_02_RM.pdf

When you get to the document, just search for "Certification Maintenance" and it will highlight all the relevant parts.

jettison valve
10th Jan 2009, 07:21
Thanks for the interesting thread so far!

What I would like to know: My previous company has been extremely conservative about CMRs; they wouldn´t even remotely think about escalating a CMR**.

What about your experience? Has anyone done it? What would be examples?

Regards,
J.V.

GS John
26th Jan 2009, 10:13
Never ever heard of a CMR item being knowingly extended by a maintenance organisation / operator.

NFF PLS RTFM
26th Jan 2009, 12:33
Never in my time have I seen a CMR** extended. As far as I am aware it is not possible.

Mr @ Spotty M
27th Jan 2009, 04:54
It is not impossible to escalate 2 Star CMRs, if you meet all the requirements laid down within EASA.:ok:
However l have never seen it done or know anybody who has done it.
As for 1 star CMRs, it is a NO NO.:=

anilkr.ammina
17th Sep 2009, 11:36
Hi,
How do you classify the 1Star CMR and 2 Star CMR, can I have some case studies on CCMR or any old report.

Mr @ Spotty M
17th Sep 2009, 16:13
You do not, they are classified by the a/c manufacture and the authority as part of the certification process l believe.

glhcarl
17th Sep 2009, 16:49
Please if there are some experts..I need definition of CMR's (Certification Maintenance Requirements) ??

While I am no expert:

CMR's, like the previous MRB's, are created by the manufacture, operators and regulatory agency establishing the mininum mantenance requirements that all new operator of an aircraft type must follow. This is done prior to the aircraft actually entering service. ie: The 787's CMR have already ben established.

Once an operator has established their ability to maintain the aircraft type, they can and do, with the approval of the manufacture and regulatory agency, modify the CMR or MRB requirements to meet their own needs.

dg93
17th Sep 2009, 19:16
Hi Zoom
Try CAP 562 BCAR's Part 1 leaflet 1-11 page 5. It just so happens that I am ploughing through this trying to write a maintenance programme for an Annex II aircraft. It even mentions CMR* and CMR**

Mr @ Spotty M
17th Sep 2009, 20:39
The operators do not have any input into the creation of CMR's and they are outside of the MRB process.
My belief is once an a/c gets its type cert it is very rare for any more CMR's to be issued as they are created as part of the certification process.

krujje
20th Sep 2009, 17:33
While I am not an expert in this area, my understanding from others who are experts is that CMRs are established based on the aircraft reliability and safety analysis conducted as part of type certification. Latent (dormant) failures which can contribute to hazardous or catastrohic scenerios need to have inspection intervals associated to them. The required intervals and inspections come out of the analysis.

It is helpful to read AC25.1309-1A
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library%5CrgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/list/AC%2025.1309-1A/$FILE/AC25.1309-1A.pdf

Page 16

Certification Check Requirements. As discussed in Paragraphs 6b
and 8f, CCRs (also referred to as Certification Maintenance Requirements, or CMRs) may be needed to help show compliance with 25.1309(b) and (d)(2) for significant latent failures.

And further down, also on page 16....

(3) Any owner or operator of an airplane may request that alternative CCRs or their intervals be allowed and specified in an operator's specification approved under the applicable operating regulation or in accordance with an FAA-approved maintenance program. As discussed in Paragraph 11c, concurrence of the certificating office having cognizance over the type design that relates to the system and its installation is necessary.