PDA

View Full Version : Which Other country apart from, Namibia,Maun-Botswana and Tanzania good for low Timer

digitalsoul
6th Jan 2009, 11:39
I hear China lack pilots...and already booking students in flying school...any body thought about going there... I am planning this crazy idea...is it a good good!

hitmanishere
6th Jan 2009, 11:52
:8Without a rating and some hours on it forget china. If you are looking at the instruction then you need to have a SEL instructor rating on your license. Also, your country needs to have good political relations with china.:}

Goodluck:ok:

digitalsoul
6th Jan 2009, 12:07
Hey, am sure it is not only Maun, Namibia, Tanzania that Low Timers can always run to. Any body Know of any other country, or a place for low timers... Share it please..

Gooneybird
6th Jan 2009, 12:55
Malawi and Zambia are worth a try but, what have you got against the other countries you mentioned?

pdsgillett
6th Jan 2009, 15:05
Any word on Kenya or does this require license conversions (from JAA/FAA) and other visa requirements??

Good thread- Any tips are most appreciated

Gooneybird
6th Jan 2009, 16:32
Kenya requires license conversion which, I'm led to believe is very tricky. Also not aware of any low time jobs there. You'd need to be rated on something they fly and don't already have pilots for. CMC hires rated and experienced Dash 8 pilots for example.

Gooneybird
6th Jan 2009, 16:34
On the subject of China, they usually hire via agencies for jet jobs and again as someone already said, you need to be rated and have hours on type. They're not short of low hour hopefuls, they're short of experienced pilots and instructors.

Nightfire
7th Jan 2009, 07:59
The Kenyans also require a work-permit, which is close to impossible to get (unless, of course, you have some kind of contacts).

Kenya Airways will never hire foreigners, KALPA have stopped an attempt to hire expat FO's on the 737 a few years ago, and will continue to do so.
Local domestic companies at Wilson Airport might take somebody occasionally, but there are many other guys looking for jobs too, so your chances are rather slim if you have no insider friends.

Unless you are Kenyan citizen with some kind of influence, forget it. The ever-present corruption and incompetence in government offices will drive you mad, long before you get anywhere near the flight-deck.

Csanad007
12th Jan 2009, 11:01
I've heard of some guys flyin in Malawi, but didn't get any reply from them.

anyone know something abaut this possibility?