PDA

View Full Version : F1 Boss Ron Dennis anti Arab anti Gay !!

rogerk
6th Jan 2009, 09:33
The Formula One team owner Ron Dennis said he wanted to wash his hands because he had “been shaking hands with Arabs all day”, an employment tribunal was told yesterday.
Peter Boland, a steward who worked for the McLaren chief, allegedly overheard the remark on a private jet. He told the hearing that Mr Dennis had been “culturally insensitive” by offering drinks to Arab business associates who had already declined them.
Mr Boland, 27, an engineering graduate, said he was surprised at the comment but added: “It was not for me to point out these gaffes.”
He says he was sacked after five years in 2007 and is claiming unfair dismissal and discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation.
:eek::eek:

Flintstone
6th Jan 2009, 10:10
I've no idea of the case at the tribunal but I'd say Mr Boland has burned a few bridges in the corporate world. Rule One, never ever EVER repeat what you hear or see in the cabin.

denis555
6th Jan 2009, 10:56
Can't see how it's going to help his case either - apart from making a poor impression...

Pilotinmydreams
6th Jan 2009, 11:07
I can't imagine for a minute that someone like Ron Dennis would even think something like that let alone say it. 15% of Mclaren is owned by Mansour Ojjeh who i'm sure would have something to say on the matter if it were true. Sounds like a disgruntled employee trying to dream up something to me.

flyblue
6th Jan 2009, 11:11
Frankly, I cannot see what this thread is doing here. Only the side already (rightly) pointed out by Flintstone could have some relevance, while the homophobic/racist bit is only gossip.