PDA

View Full Version : DC-3 5Y-BMB at Lokichoggio

Round Engine
6th Jan 2009, 05:20
Does anyone have relatively recent photos of DC-3 5Y-BMB (s/n 17108) at Lokichoggio (popularly, just Loki) in Northern Kenya please? The DC-6's there are past it, but the DC-3 may be saveable. ANY pics please. Also DC-3's 5V-MAC in Lome, Togo and 9Q-CAM in Goma DRC would be much appreciated.:}:}:}

9-er
7th Jan 2009, 04:35
Hello,

I don't have any pics unfortunately but I do fly into Loki quite regularly. 5Y-BMB looks pretty derelict, its been shoved right to the back of the parking area and has bushes growing round it. I'll try grab some pics for you next time I operate into Loki. Interestingly, I read somewhere that the two DC-6's have been bought for spares by NCA of Namibia.

Sir Osis of the river
8th Jan 2009, 11:52
Are those the two -6's that have been parked there since the mid 90's?

Round Engine
8th Jan 2009, 15:46
Yep its with the two DC-6's that have been there since the mid 90's - they both belong to Jim McIvor, but all their spares and engines have in fact been sold to Chris Schutte. The airframes will remain there. Thanks for the offer of photos 9er, looking fwd to it!

OO-VDF
27th Feb 2009, 08:58
Hi Round engine,

Had a few days ago contact with Guido Potters, a Duchman and fanatic on these old birds who is now in Kenya. He was for some time in Goma and took a lot of pictures. Co-incidently he sent one showing 9Q-CAM to me. Since I do not know he'll appreciate it that I sent the picture further, You maybe better contact him directly via: [email protected]

Greets,

Jean

PS I am looking for anything on Caprivi N6907, AFrican Air Carrier N6907, Interocean C9-ATH & 3D-ATH. This is the same aircraft in his African career.

9-er
28th Feb 2009, 09:01
Hi Roundengine, I snapped a few pics of BMB. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.