PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Cargo Problem

atlast
5th Jan 2009, 16:56
From Air Cargo News

SINGAPORE Airlines (SA) has offered its 300 cargo pilots up to 30 months’ unpaid leave due to the slump in air-freight demand.

“SIA Cargo needs to do all it can to contain costs,” said airline spokesman Stephen Forshaw.

The cargo unit made a loss of S$76 million (US$53 million) in the six months prior to September, compared with a S$19 million ($13 million) profit a year earlier. It operates 14 Boeing 747-400F freighters and uses capacity in its passenger aircraft bellyholds. Several of the freighters will be parked for at least the next three months.

Anyone got any specifics on this?

Kato747
6th Jan 2009, 13:08
Maybe you should look at the 3 or so other threads running already on this topic before posting a new one..????

Try looking on the South Asia and the Far East Forum ?????

You see........I'm a professional pilot, eager to help, discuss and contribute. :p

atlast
6th Jan 2009, 14:06
My apologies; I tend to only drift through Freight Dogs and the main page.
Have another handkerchief.

sisyphos
6th Jan 2009, 14:37
Kato747, why don't you get a life ? It is because of guys like you that browsing these pages turns out to be so unpleasant at times:rolleyes:

AAL
6th Jan 2009, 15:11
SIA Cargo was flying at rediclous low rates trying to bust and monopolise routes completely confusing and messing up certain sectors and the industry.

Its not a wonder that this has happened and I am not sorry, except for the personnel of course who are once again the victims.

You fly "too low" you going to crash!

Left Coaster
6th Jan 2009, 19:14
Just wondering how you get the cost issue out front before the trial has even started? Cargo will get their day in court just like BA and the others who were accused of price fixing...or did it happen already? Innocent until proven guilty..

Kato747
7th Jan 2009, 05:10
Sisyphos .... Sisyphus .... who really cares? Are you German btw? Perhaps YOU are the one who should concentrate on rolling your boulders uphill?

At least you 'appear' intelligent enough to have peeked at Cliff's Notes on the Illiad...

My comment was intended to be helpful and limit the "chaff". Best to keep the threads running in one track, wouldn't you agree? ;)

You see........I'm a professional pilot, eager to help, discuss and contribute.

Paladini
7th Jan 2009, 05:29
KATO -

that was a direct hit!

Sisyphos does tend to drift threads then complains when he's not taken seriously.

PMT maybe ..... or still pizzed-off about leaving HKG

atlast
7th Jan 2009, 13:13
This what I got:

Maybe you should look at the 3 or so other threads running already on this topic before posting a new one..????

This would be helpful:

This topic is already under discussion over on the South Asia and the Far East Forum; come over and join us.

You see, one of the above says," I'm a professional pilot, eager to help, discuss and contribute "

The other one says," I'm a self important **** "

For your information, the article I quoted was published on 5th January from Air Cargo News and the thread titles below, on the South Asia and the Far East forum, give no indication of duplicate information, especially after 5JAN.

SIA not renewing 70% Expat Contracts
SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged

Using the search for "SIA Cargo" "SIA" or "Singapore Cargo"
brings up no hint of duplicating threads either SO...

... in future, please make the correct choice before you reply on a thread

" a professional pilot, eager to help, discuss and contribute "

HAVE A NICE DAY :)

Kato747
8th Jan 2009, 16:28
atlast.....

MEA CULPA....... CRM hat back on now........ I'll try to be good from now on.:oh:

atlast
8th Jan 2009, 16:54
Kato, welcome back to the fold; We Move on... ;)