PDA

View Full Version : Virgin/ANZ booking

robbo747
20th Dec 2008, 10:25
We are booked on our 1st Virgin flight, part of a round the world package with Air New Zealand. The last flight is with Virgin from San Francisco to London on 17 November.
I would like to reserve seats but cannot do this either through ANZ or Virgin's web site. I rang their customer service who also said I couldn't do this.
I have heard that Virgin use their 'top deck' for Premium Economy seats, what we have booked. Clearly if that was the case, I would jump at that opportunity.
Anyone assist with advice?
Thanks
Rob

NWSRG
20th Dec 2008, 10:46
Rob,

If you have a booking reference or E-ticket number for the flight, you should be able to choose your seat from the website. On the menu list down the left hand side of the VS website, choose "Manage your flights". In there, you will be asked to enter your details, and preselect a seat. Not sure how far in advance this works, but that is the way to do it...and it applies to all classes.

Wycombe
20th Dec 2008, 22:28
We are booked on our 1st Virgin flight, part of a round the world package with Air New Zealand. The last flight is with Virgin from San Francisco to London on 17 November.

If you're going RTW with NZ, I'm a bit puzzled as to why there is a leg with VS, as NZ themselves offer RTW routing via LAX and HKG from LHR to AKL?

Having recent experience of both, I'd give NZ top marks for service, legroom (the most of any carrier in Economy class on the 744 at 34", 3" more than VS) and entertainment (AVOD in all classes on the 744 and 777), whereas VS IMHO have slipped in recent years (or rather others have caught up and surpassed what used to be some of their service differentiators).

brian_dromey
20th Dec 2008, 23:26
I think if you want to fly via cities other than Hong Kong i.e. Tokyo, Shanghai, etc NZ take you as far as that city and then VS take you back to LHR. It just gives the customers more choices.

robbo747
21st Dec 2008, 07:24
Thanks Guys for your help.
I have tried 'Manage your Flights' on Virgin's website but it is not accepting my flight booking reference or e-ticket. Will keep trying though.
We chose Virgin LHR-Shanghai then ANZ to AKL and then to SFO with Virgin completing the journey back to LHR.
Neither of us fancied LAX. ANZ offered a direct flight to SFO with a homeward bound leg to London with Virgin which suited us better.
Rob

Playamar2
21st Dec 2008, 08:32
Robbo747

The most likely cause of the problem lies with ANZ, as they have not released the booking to Virgin. Had this problem myself a couple of years back, although with different airlines. Whose Customer Service did you ring - Virgin or ANZ. Try giving ANZ a ring.