PDA

View Full Version : Air Force One

bentleg
5th Jan 2009, 06:00
An interesting clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBHvSfpqDCY) :ok: about the President's plane.

Wally Mk2
5th Jan 2009, 06:57
amazing, I'll hand it to the yanks in one area though, they would have to be the most patriotic country in the western world, *******************************************removed for the "sensitive" ones out there!:ugh:

The cost of keeping that B747 & it's back-up must be incredible, in some ways a waste but how much care/money should a country take in keeping it's supreme leader safe?
Such antics would never take place in Oz, even if we as a country could afford it our Aussie makeup wouldn't allow it.

Good link there 'bentleg' tnxs:ok:

Wmk2

FRQ Charlie Bravo
5th Jan 2009, 14:03
"About eighty seven phones"

Ha

Peter Fanelli
6th Jan 2009, 10:10
I suspect the cost of maintaining the Presidential fleet pales into insignificance compared to the way our corrupt/moronic/dumbass democrat controlled government is throwing billions of dollars around bailing out businesses that should be allowed to fail.

damo1089
6th Jan 2009, 12:17
Re: Wally Mk2
'The Arab nation are just plain nuts and fanatical.' What the :mad:? You have got to be kidding me. While a small minority might suit this ridiculous image that you have allowed biased media reports to enter your head, why do you think that they are 'nuts and fanatical?'
Because of America's sense of patriotism! "For the good of the nation," they go to ANOTHER nation, under the guise of a 'war on terror' and tear the place up. If you think that it is retribution for 9/11 then ask your self how many more civilians of the supposed perpritraters' nations have been blown up. How would you feel if America came here and started shooting your friends? Because they had 'reason to believe' you had something you didnt? Then making up ridiculous international laws on the spot like "aiding the enemy" which, by that logic, gives these Arab 'fanaticals' grounds to arrest Americans on exactly the same charge, because to them, America is the enemy? I for one, would want to grab a Kalashnikov and take out as many as possible. Everyone knows that would never happen though, Australia doesn't have enough oil to fill the invasion criteria.
That the Arab nation are 'nuts and fanatical' is exactly what the patriotic Americans want you to think.
Try thinking about the situation before blindly accepting what the news is feeding you.

sprocket check
6th Jan 2009, 12:21
and here is Obama's AF1 (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=P5_ijICEa2w&NR=1):

FRQ Charlie Bravo
6th Jan 2009, 12:26
Where's the love fellas?

Cool video.

When I was about 12 I went onboard Kennedy's Air Force One (the one shown in the video which took him to Dallas and then carried his remains out). The seat Kennedy rode in was still there and had apparently not been touched since he'd sat in it (or so the plaque read).

FRQ CB

the wizard of auz
6th Jan 2009, 13:15
I once raced a motor bike beside a jet full of pollies out at Forrest another life time ago. Think it was a Hawker 800 or something. Didnt look to flash to me and the pilots were whinging about it. reckon the government wouldnt spend ten bucks on the aircraft if they could avoid it.
I beat em for the first 300 Mtrs too :E got some freindly waves from the drivers as they blasted past. :}

gadude
7th Jan 2009, 01:44
that was an interesting clip. why would the captain step down once the presidents term is over?

I seen airforce one upclose when i was based on a navel airbase back home many moons ago.

made the good old orion's look rather small

Wally Mk2
7th Jan 2009, 04:05
'damo' at 19 yrs of age you have much to learn, the new breed of today haven't got a clue! But that's fine we are ALL entitled to an opinion right or wrong in anothers eyes. The yanks whether you like it or not are far more influencial in this crazy world of ours than any other as far as the western world goes & if it wasn't for them & other free nations 60 or so years ago we could all be speaking German by now so as long as I don't have to speak Arabic then let the games continue:)

'Wiz' that would have been fun but you must remember you will never win against a pollie:ok:

'SC' now that's one funny Vid:D

Mk2

Clipped
7th Jan 2009, 04:38
Wally .. I don't know how old you are but you have learnt little in your time on Earth.

The current American leaders had only one thing on their mind when they invaded Iraq - energy security. Now that keeps all of us in a job because we cannot fathom an existence in this world without energy. But please don't lecture about America's righteousness as their citizens have seen the evils of their leaders and have replaced him with one who at least brings hope. In fact so have the British and even us.

If American leaders were truly to care for humanity there are more pressing parts of the world that could use their 'might' - hey, but no money to be made there.

I have been through small town America and let's say alot of it is no picture but they do speak alot of American 'english', I'm sure they would be envious of German living standards.

I've also spent quite some time in the Middle East and met some of the most hospitable people ever.

Generalisations really are amateurish.

Wally Mk2
7th Jan 2009, 04:54
'clipped' that's why the likes of you & 'damo' are not at the head of leading nations. ALL American Presidents where freely elected, remember a presedent is only a rep of the people who put him there in the first place. He wasn't born a President. So the next time yr in the States & turn on a light switch think about how that is so!

Wmk2

gadude
7th Jan 2009, 04:59
The yanks whether you like it or not are far more influencial in this crazy world of ours than any other as far as the western world goes & if it wasn't for them & other free nations 60 or so years ago we could all be speaking German by now

I totally agree!!

I have been through small town America and let's say alot of it is no picture but they do speak alot of American 'english', I'm sure they would be envious of German living standards

wel my parents and grandparents who were there 60 years ago didn't feel the same way about that. they were pleased they were gone...
thanks to the americans, canadians brits and other allies.

you got to give it to the germans tough, they make good gear.

damo1089
7th Jan 2009, 05:14
Wally:
Whatever. You established the entire Arab nation as nuts and fanatical, yet you tell me I'm young and have much to learn. It's people like you that sponge up America's propaganda and allow them to be the most influential country in the western world. You are a joke mate, age isn't directly proportionate to knowledge. Some people think for themselves, and some people let others think for them, add that to your aged knowledge base.

Wally Mk2
7th Jan 2009, 05:24
Ok 'damo' one day you will be an adult, 19 is but a boy. Come back then when you have 'learn't something of value.

Wmk2

man on the ground
8th Jan 2009, 02:00
ALL American Presidents where freely elected

Actually, old sport, Gerogey dubya didn't "win" his first election, but due to a certain interesting vote count in the State where 'family' happened to be governor, the 'land of the free' let him be boss anyway!

remember a presedent is only a rep of the people who put him there in the first place

ahh, truer words never spoken!!

He wasn't born a President

nah, Daddy bought for him for his birthday!

Hasselhof
8th Jan 2009, 02:36
Ok 'damo' one day you will be an adult, 19 is but a boy. Come back then when you have 'learn't something of value.

Well, you don't get much more patronising than that. Damo maybe young however his view is shared by a great number of highly educated and experienced people both here and abroad. Just because he disagrees with you doesn't mean you have to be an ass hat back in his direction.

desmotronic
8th Jan 2009, 04:19
One interesting aspect of american politics is that although the president is freely elected into office, Obama to be the 44th , 6 have been removed from office by an asassin, there have been another 17 unsuccesful attempted asassinations and a total of 90 attempted asassinations if you include former presidents and presidents elect.

Democratic....sort of. :hmm:

Capt Claret
8th Jan 2009, 04:40
Wally, I'm more than twice Damo's age and I reckon, on this subject, your talking out of your fundamental orifice.

Where is the Arab Nation you talk of?

All the Arabic speaking people I know, and my kids are half Egyptian, are really nice, peaceful people. Many of them are Muslim too, none of them have trouble with my atheist views, or that my sons are non-religious. Regular Aussies really. Not a nut or fanatic amongst them.

Tidbinbilla
8th Jan 2009, 06:06
Wally, once again you're pitching way out of your depth, as you do on so many threads.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth closed and have everyone think you're a fool, rather than open your mouth and confirm it.

Wally Mk2
8th Jan 2009, 06:20
.................Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth closed and have everyone think you're a fool, rather than open your mouth and confirm it. .....ah once again the 'TID' my old adversary yr statement kind of suits YOU better than me !:E

Perhaps you might like to get offf yr high horse & read my original post that some fools saw as offensive. From that point on the nastyness was coming think & fast, am surprised you took so long to jump in & behave as per yr statement above! I've modified that post in the interest of peace....sheeeeez!!!

Wmk2, or is that soon to be Mk3?:E

Go ahead & ban me yr only fooling yourself, by the way some respond to what I post here elsewhere they actually enjoy the banter debating, go figure hey?:bored:

bentleg
8th Jan 2009, 07:10
As the person who started this thread, please confine your comments to Airforce one and the amenities on it. :ok:

If you want to discuss other :mad:, please start your own thread (and dont hijack my thread). :=

Bentleg

MOD - I have no issue with all off topic comment being deleted :)

Tidbinbilla
8th Jan 2009, 07:33
.................Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth closed and have everyone think you're a fool, rather than open your mouth and confirm it. .....ah once again the 'TID' my old adversary yr statement kind of suits YOU better than me !http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif
Perhaps you might like to get offf yr high horse & read my original post that some fools saw as offensive. From that point on the nastyness was coming think & fast, am surprised you took so long to jump in & behave as per yr statement above! I've modified that post in the interest of peace....sheeeeez!!!Your Einstein-esque retort made me appreciate, even moreso, the standard of education I have afforded my own children, who without thought, can manage to construct an argument without having to quote back at the originator using (often) childish SMS-like grammar.

Several other users have questioned the merit of your posts (one of these being Capt. Claret - a highly respected and long-time contributor to PPRuNe), yet they go straight over your head - and you call them fools to boot!

My original statement stands.

You can rest assured that if push comes to shove, there won't be any Wally Mk3. Before you bring this upon yourself, ask your colleagues at your RFDS base whether they would be happy with your actions bringing an IP block to prevent you (and unfortunately, your innocent colleagues) from accessing PPRuNe at work? Plus we can also ban your home IP (from which you and one or 2 of your alter-ego's post) if you wish :)

The choice is yours :)

P.S. Bentleg, the thread will remain on topic - one way or another ;)

Wally Mk2
8th Jan 2009, 07:44
I won't post anything further on this subject out of respect to my work mates whom I might add rarely add to PPRUNE from work.

Unlike you TID I don't have the 'power' you have, funny how those with power always end up abusing it!

Wmk2

Dragun
8th Jan 2009, 10:54
What is it with 'yr'? Is it really that hard to add the 'o' and 'u'?

cwc
8th Jan 2009, 11:03
so........87 phones huh!!

sms777
8th Jan 2009, 21:27
I suppose the theory to nuclear blast protection is that Airforce One would simply.....VANISH! :hmm:

Jet_A_Knight
8th Jan 2009, 23:03
Coulda done with a few of those crew when I was in GA trying to keep those bugsmahers clean.:{

mingalababya
9th Jan 2009, 00:07
The flight deck looked like a 743 ... I always thought Airforce 1 was a 744?

Hasselhof
9th Jan 2009, 00:10
Its a 747-200B according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_VC-25)

bentleg
9th Jan 2009, 00:18
has the small upper deck. Has to be a 2

Clipped
9th Jan 2009, 22:06
I think I got a better perspective on AF1 from watching Harrison Ford run around in it. Cabins, meeting rooms, galleys all except the .... the pod.

For such a loved leader .. why all this security? And where AF1 is stationed AF2 is nearby, fully equipped and ready to go.

Where's the love?

I remember when Dubya visited Sydney and turned streets into battle-like zones ... and we're his 'mates' ... no thanks, GWB.

Peter Fanelli
10th Jan 2009, 01:10
And where AF1 is stationed AF2 is nearby, fully equipped and ready to go.
SIGH

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

That would suggest that the President AND Vice President have flown in separate aircraft to a similar location.

Air Force One is not an aircraft it is a callsign and applies to any USAF aircraft carrying the President. If both of the VC-25's go on a mission with one flying as Air Force 1 the other will use the callsign SAM 28000 or SAM 29000 depending on which aircraft is fulfilling which role.

Similarly, Air Force Two is the callsign given to any USAF Aircraft carrying the Vice President.

If aircraft from the other services are used to carry the President or VP then it will reflect the branch to which the aircraft belongs.

Navy 1
Marine 1
Army 1
Coast Guard 1

Clipped
10th Jan 2009, 03:27
PF

You're exactness, detail and knowledge is to be commended. Thanks for clearing that up.

My point lent more to the resources used to move this man around. Jumbo flies, so does another. I've seen the amount of equipment brought over to support the aircraft and it is enormous. The continual state of readiness of both aircraft must come at a huge cost. What the hell, money to burn (literally).

Oh yeh ... 'seperate' is mispelt.

Hasselhof
10th Jan 2009, 03:44
Wikipedia is awesome.

Apparently there has never been a Coast Guard One, there has only ever been one aircraft designated Navy One which was the Viking GWB used to get out to the aircraft carrier for his infamous "Mission Accomplished" speech. The Presidents limo has been nicknamed Caddilac One and apparently if the POTUS decides to fly in a civil airliner, the airliner can choose to use the callsign Executive One. Tricky Dicky is the only prez to have done so in order to "set an example for the rest of the nation during the current energy crisis". Naturally they sent his 707 along anyway just in case :E

Peter Fanelli
10th Jan 2009, 10:29
Oh yeh ... 'seperate' is mispelt.
From the Urban Dictionary

Mispelt

A common Internet term used by the uneducated or ignorant to describe a misspelt (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=misspelt) word.

:E

The Presidents limo has been nicknamed Caddilac One
Caddilac is misspelled.

:=

By the way, they're building a new Cadillac limo for BO, apparently his ego doesn't fit in the existing one.

6080ft
13th Jan 2009, 08:09
that link to the youtube video in the first post no longer works - it says the video is private. does anyone have another link

cheers