PDA

View Full Version : Speedbird c/s on Basra App

Strobin Purple
4th Jan 2009, 18:42
Missed the c/s 'cos I was busy 33,950' below but briefly thought normalisation of Iraq had come a long way with scheduled services from major carrier until realised he was only after a Baghdad freq. What a disappointment! Mind you, I suppose the insurance would be a killer.

Still, raised my spirits to know that someone in that airspace would be back in Blighty in 6 hrs.

SP

Dysag
4th Jan 2009, 18:52
Not so sure.....

BBC NEWS | Middle East | European flight lands in Baghdad (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7809167.stm)

Strobin Purple
4th Jan 2009, 18:53
Christ, that was quick. Why d'you move it here? No-one will read it here. What's the criteria, airfield of departure or arrival? Language spoken on the flight deck or in the tower concerned? Nationality of poster?..you may be interested to know that your govt and hence your mil (RAF) are up to something in SE Iraq. It's been going on quite a while, been in loads of papers and stuff.:}

Cim Jartner
4th Jan 2009, 19:14
Oi Purple - I'll have you know this is the first place I look when I want to know exactly how Shi'ite the world can be! Anyway - i see from recent press coverage you are a Wing Commander now any way - so shouldn't you be off insisting someone changes the colour of thier beret or something! Must go - my roster has me down for three days work this month!

Strobin Purple
4th Jan 2009, 19:15
I demand an appeal. Hey, Mod, put it back where I posted it....

'Non-English Language forum'....?? What were we speaking then? I believe some of them there wide-body jets can fly over continents and transcend the boundaries of forum classification. You ought to talk to some pilots, learn summat (and some manners).

SP

Strobin Purple
4th Jan 2009, 19:21
Oi Cim! Cim Jartner...Cim Jartner...? Do I know you?? Aaahhh!

You still in work? Last I saw you were keeping the Lord Moon in the Mall insulated from the credit crunch single handedly by buying all their beer in a one-er! Must pay airline pilots lots?

Still, bet the sand's brushed off your boots these days?

SP

Lafyar Cokov
4th Jan 2009, 19:36
Sand?? Oh yes - thats the stuff on beaches isn't it! You are lucky on one big long summer-sun holiday!

Strobin Purple
4th Jan 2009, 19:40
Big beach,really big and sandy. But I still haven't found the sea yet! Or any topless girls, apart from the Camel's Toe Bar on a Sat nite!

Lafyar Cokov
4th Jan 2009, 19:45
Livin' the dream!

Mister Geezer
5th Jan 2009, 18:44
I was briefly catching up with a friend who is a driver at BA and she said that she heard a whisper that BA have Baghdad in the pipeline.