PDA

View Full Version : Des billes pour la discussion

Reinhardt
4th Jan 2009, 16:30
Salut les gars

J'ai poste ca dans un autre forum car il y en avait un ou deux qui commencaient a me fatiguer...
Vous etes libres de piocher dedans a grands coups de copie-coller...

Abu DHabi (...) a lot of expats (...)... schools are expensive but level is pretty good, except the french one I heard, but who cares....!!

Chandler thing

Do you know what the french tell you ?
Do you know the number of families here (brasilian, egyptian, russian, syrian...) who register their children into french schools, because not at any cost do they want them to be "educated" like anglo-saxons ?
Honestly, when being asked by any local in the street, for any reason, where do you come from, do you tell him the truth ? no, like I know you have been advised, you will present yourself as irish, as nobody is supposed to have any quarrel with this country.... open your eyes, buddy
Does your country have a proper usual name, other than an acronym ?
Do you have any idea of the amount of french presence here in the Emirates, in aerospace (civilian & military) or in various businesses ?
Oh probably not, as people like you aren't usually well aware their surroundings, and of the level of hatred encountered here against specific nationalities (even if it always stay calm and polite, that's the interest of being in the Gulf)
Did you and your fellow colleagues ever questioned the wiseness of wandering around everywhere in shorts, flip-flops and base-ball caps, chewing gum and displaying tatoos ? I've seen so many of them here that it looks like a a caricature... not talking about tatoos and piercings, which seem to have become quite common recently (watch the poolsides) after some recruitment surge from a specific country...
Grunting "heeayyy!!" instead of "Good morning", or "what's that?" instead of "sorry, beg your pardon?" saying "basically" "you know" at every sentence corner (watch the Caroline Kennedy TV interview disaster of last week, and you will get a clear picture of the disaster..)
Feeling superior because you talk very fast - only the smart ones will remark that by saying always the same dozen of words, it makes the whole exercise easier...
Flashing your teeth for any reasons "it's so greeaatt !" (especially the female ones)
Learning sport and playing social games in your school instead of mathematics, languages, history and geography, then bringing political correctness to the world culture...
So please, don't take any interest in our numerous schools here in AD, and stay in your unilingual universe (what you call global)
and please keep posting on Pprune, I need competition - on all subjects which for good reasons can't be discussed in cockpits...

Anytime baby

All my apologies for the numerous courteous, knowledgeable and articulate pilots from the above-mentioned species, which I had the pleasure to fly with and to be entertained by...

"C'est bon de rire " Jean Reno, L'enquete corse

recceguy
4th Jan 2009, 16:45
Excellent post pour un debut. A re-servir.:D
Ca fait effectivement du bien de ricaner un peu !