PDA

View Full Version : Green Must Go!

Hardworker
4th Jan 2009, 14:55
Well the the continued indecision of Qantas Engineering Management to treat its Customer Operators with contempt continues at the reins of Mr Green...
Its surprising that given QF Management has now increased in size by 12 additonal Operations Managers, no one dares question the policy of refusing to carry out customer aircraft work and support at the sydney International Terminal...
the figures speak for themselves....SIT Engineering made approx 22M from Customer Aircraft contracts and Rectification, now since QF Engineering Management blame the LAMEs for the backlog of outstanding work on the QF fleet (which has been directly caused by outsourcing all major checks) SIT Engineering has made less than 500,000 this financial year....all thanks to Mr Green policy of NO SUPPORT

It all adds up...Green must go and along with a lot of the current Management....why does QF Engineering have 12 Operations Managers and Additional non technical managers above them? Time for some cost cutting...Say bye bye RH KM DM AW either that or get rid of the 12 postions they created out of thin air!
Comments anyone?
Let me know if I am stepping over the line or was it below the line?

QF22
4th Jan 2009, 15:48
I have been asking a few questions re this topic on the old PIA thread.
Will watch this one with interest, I tend to agree with you. Why knock back revenue when you have the manpower and resources to handle customer work ? ? ? ?

Clipped
5th Jan 2009, 01:37
GH had a great opportunity to start with a clean slate.

Unfortunately he has continued with the same policies, same flies around the same dung.

Should give you an insight into the direction we're heading into '09.

QF22
5th Jan 2009, 01:59
Maybe GH just doesn't have a clue, too long on the 3rd floor? ? ?

5th Jan 2009, 06:01
Remember who they both answer to!

The same puppet master who brought you last year's fun and games.

Hardworker
6th Jan 2009, 01:39
I think its time Mr Cox was shown the door, the damage he has done to QF Engineering, the continued outsourcing of aircraft to receive back and aircraft that has had the bear minimum completed on it to make it legal in CASA eyes. The introduction of the A380 what a joke that has been and still is....
The Board are blind and are too lazy to get out and see what is happening to the company in all areas....
the old jobs for the boys....you only have to see the people now in Managerial/DMM/Ops Managers roles...
The POD Principle lives on....
Promote the Most Useless Out of Danger - Get Them away from the Floor where they were uselss...

QF22
6th Jan 2009, 02:48
While I agree with you entirely, go easy on the names, we don't want the Mods to shutdown an intersting topic.
I would have thought GH would have been smart enough to figure out he is time-X if he doesn't perform.
As was said before he had a chance for a clean slate but has gone with the same old faces. Maybe he knows he is just a temporary caretaker and is just marking time?
IF? management is serious, time will tell, but maybe they don't give a rats?
Keep up the interesting info, its good for us who have left.
Cheers

ALAEA Fed Sec
8th Jan 2009, 04:07
We are closely monitoring this situation.

No further comments from me are required at this stage.

:oh:

QF22
8th Jan 2009, 06:44
I am not sure if this is management incompetance, or payback for PIA?
Surely there must be somebody left at QF with the balls to challenge management over this issue?
I will continue to watch with interest.
Cheers!

Clipped
9th Jan 2009, 06:09
this situation

Is there a situation? Or is it a QE guise for incompetence or something more sinister?

Good to see you that you're still tuning in Fed Sec. A congrats for the work you're doing with other LAMEs across OZ. We are all in the same 'boat' and if agreements vary considerably amongst our type, that would be a grave concern.

Hardworker
9th Jan 2009, 22:12
It is interesting if it is payback fro PIA, as the money the company is loosing is hand over fist now. The suspension of Engineering Contacts with Foreign Operators and the reducion in cost recovery from these is insurmountable in lost revenue and of course the Qantas Engineering name.

The OSIP outstanding work keeps pilling up at Base Maitenance as everytime they send an Aircraft overseas for Maintenance no OSIP is carried out, just the bare bones check - no rectification or OSIP...When it returns the rectfication and OSIP still are required to be completed....estimates put the OSIP growing all the time to over 40,000 manhours now...
None of this seems to worry any of the Engineering Management, as long as they meet their respective criteria imposed on them, they will achieve the means by whatever is necessary to obtain their personnal bonus.
Accountability is a word they dodge and duck, but on another point you may notice that whenever Management wander around, they come in pairs, concerned that they may be bailed up and asked questions that they don't want to answer or frankly have no idea...
It is a very sad state for one of the most respected Engineering Organisations in the World for Quality, Excellence and Capability to what it is today...All those retired would be horrified...

Clipped
10th Jan 2009, 03:36
It is a very sad state for one of the most respected Engineering Organisations in the World for Quality, Excellence and Capability to what it is today

That has been a long long time ago. I wonder how many of us dwell in the past so as not think about the uncertainities this management team has cast upon us?

All those retired would be horrified

Or re-employed?

The concept of aircraft maintenance is as foreign to management as 'sustainable future' or 'strategy maps' are to the majority of us.

Sunfish
10th Jan 2009, 22:36
The main problem here is going to be one of accounting I suspect.

You need to analyse operations by various divisions or products on the basis of contribution margin made, not on the basis of profit, because allocations of overheads can easily mess up the profit figure.

In the past, confusion between profit and contribution margin has caused the closure of quite profitable bits of a lot of companies. eg:

Division........Net Revenue........Overhead Allocation............Profit.
(ie Net revenue = Contribution margin)

A................$27 million..............$29 million.....................$2 million (loss)

B................$10 Million..............$3 Million.......................$7 million

C................$15 million..............$8 million.......................$ 6 million

That's right, I've seen three companies close Division A because it's making a loss, then wonder next year why the overheads of Divisions B and C are now suddenly increased by $29 million.

Hardworker
14th Jan 2009, 21:16
Its interesting as the SIT was making 22M out of Foreign Operators handling, which covered the costs of all staff and ground support equipment. Now the books show a different story, deep in the red.
Emirates recently had a management directive to stop handling other operators at all Line Stations including SYD - Their operational costs have gone from under 1M to in excess of 3M now they aren't recovering costs from third party work.
All of a sudden Management in Dubai can't understand why the station is costing so much?
It is long over due for Management to be held accountable for all of these losses and costs that keep on mounting up....

Clipped
14th Jan 2009, 21:40
Now the books show a different story, deep in the red.

And there is only one group of people who believe those numbers .. Of course, those amongst them would be shown the door if the numbers/graphs were questioned. Also no one is prepared to show you how they derived these figures.

It amazes me how we survived these past few decades doing all this 'unproductive' third party work. And more amazed how all these other airlines haven't dumped their third party work with the realisation that they are potentially facing huge losses.

In fact, third party work - line and heavy - has and continues to provide tidy revenue streams and profits and anything else management tell you are lies .. or ignorance.

Bumpfoh
16th Jan 2009, 03:00
I had the displeasure of meeting this man you refer to a few years ago and to this day he still strikes me as the BIGGEST tosser I have ever met at QF.:mad:

When you learn of his background and qualifications it is little wonder that the area he presides over is a complete basket case as a direct result of his management ineptitude, other than talk the talk of management clap trap.:ugh::ugh: