PDA

View Full Version : Air India B777

airbusoieng
3rd Jan 2009, 22:24
There is a lot of advertising by agencies, but is Air India actually doing any screenings for direct entry captain positions?

Any one dealt with Sigmar? You can pm me if you like.

Thanks.

B737NG
4th Jan 2009, 12:16
I was in DXB recently and meet some people from TITAN, they got the information from AI they are awaiting my security clearence and then we setup a screening date. This is ongoing since 2 months. I was with AnneMarie from Sigmar latest in Summer 2008 and heared nothing anymore on another B777 project in Africa.

There are roumors that the Indian DGCA tries to get rid of all Expats by 2010 or after 4 year whatever is earlier but if that is the case then a lot of expirience is leaving India on "one day" and that means some Operators have not sufficient manpower to crew the planes. Money talks in India as well and 2010 can be at a later stage but the job is not that secure as the validation / visa can be revoked anytime again.

I keep you postet as soon as I get more news.........

Fly safe and land happy

NG

Nightfire
5th Jan 2009, 07:20
They're also very unreliable. Any date and time they tell you may change at any time. Quite annoying if you've already taken some HOL in your present company, and then get told that the date for screening is now two months later.