theBOSS
3rd Jan 2009, 22:21
OLA

Any have news on Xturbine charter?

isit true that charter is closing down?

Carrots anyone?:)

sslut
5th Jan 2009, 18:38
Feeling lonely out there in the big airline world where you cant stir ****e? So how many years before they let you sit in the left seat and wear 4 bars again..... :{

theBOSS
5th Jan 2009, 20:11
Stir shyte?

Asked honest Q. Would like a honest answer,

Good evening.

BTW: still in the left seat wiff 4 bars.:ugh:

theBOSS
6th Jan 2009, 05:25
Well done to sslut!

So i guess the rumours i heard of ET is only that. A rumour?

sslut
7th Jan 2009, 09:54
Honest answer - Charter division was being run by SM and when they split and she established Allegiance Air along with TM they took over and ET no longer had a charter division so to speak. Travelmax is closing down and has been sold to Feds although quite what they bought is a mystery.No flights after the 15th of this month. Various other rumours abound but they shall remain just that for now. Some interesting new appointments about which I will :mad:. We sit and watch with interest as to the goings on there for now.

Mister Geezer
7th Jan 2009, 12:27
So is the who operates ZS-SBD (BAe 146) now... Allegiance?

I guess the tie up between Executive Turbine and Fly540 is totally dead now? Not that there was much happening recently anyway!

cigar
7th Jan 2009, 13:24
Seems something is still afloat with the Fly540 leases:

Photos: Beech 1900D Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Fly540/Beech-1900D/1462281/M/)

withaflash
7th Jan 2009, 15:18
What a "GAMBLE" this is..

legacy
8th Jan 2009, 10:59
so if i wanted to buy out exec T.. who would I speak to?

sslut
8th Jan 2009, 14:16
Legacy - you must clearly have a tax problem looking for a way to write off good money.......... maybe the tea lady or the security would be a good start, they at least know whats in the hangar on any given day:p

sslut
8th Jan 2009, 17:14
Thanks GFB and if it is over 5700kg even better:ok:
And to put the record 100% straight ET still have the E120 available for charter (at the moment)
And how about that for a record - 3 posts and I haven't slammed them once........ but don't get lazy now guys I'm still watching:cool: and the spies are still talking!!!!

sslut
15th Jan 2009, 15:05
Well...... with the latest gossip I'm doing my best to keep it straight and level. Sounds like there's gonna be a mayday call there soon from all the shenanigans. Now I understand the phone call last week!!!!!!:confused::confused:

legacy
15th Jan 2009, 16:45
I still wanna buy them out .. got alot of change lying around the house.. :E

sslut
15th Jan 2009, 17:47
2 hours 35 minutes for the expected call!!:ok: I'm still chuckling

Legacy - better not offer Zim Dollars or Dutch Krone - there's no-one to take them now hehehehe

warloc67
16th Jan 2009, 05:34
Heard Shorty was retrenched?? How could this be, if you retrench a nominated postholder you may not replace him/her (if I understand the labour law correctly), thereby invalidating your Air Service Licenses. Does that mean ET's ceasing operations?:sad:

16th Jan 2009, 07:13
Well the paint shop already siezed operating. A new company is already using the hangers. Plating shop up for sale. A lot of engineers enquiring about work opertunities...... Is the writing on the wall here?:confused:

warloc67
16th Jan 2009, 07:34
If that is indeed the case, most of the qualified engineers and pilots should be OK. I heard Naturelink is looking urgently for more crews and engineers to service their new contracts.:ok:

WhinerLiner
16th Jan 2009, 12:26
Bad rumours flying around on this one. CV's are landing on desks everywhere.

sslut
16th Jan 2009, 14:56
Bingo warloc!!!!! But then they have never been good at HR. No disciplinary code or grievance procedures either - makes them very vulnerable And as for the E120 "bond" - has about as many holes as Swiss cheese. Have made the offer before.......... still waiting:cool:

Stop watch started!!

legacy
16th Jan 2009, 16:27
mm.. Engine shop - I'll buy that too... if it's still around ...

Safetyman
18th Jan 2009, 12:08
Has the popo hit the fan? Trying to find facts of the latest developments..

I.R.PIRATE
18th Jan 2009, 20:23
Consider it over...:oh:

Hear employees got letters...and things.

Boris_and_Doris
20th Jan 2009, 01:22
DATE : 15 January 2009

TO : All Crew and Staff in the Field and at Home

SUBJECT : RESTRUCTURE OF SOUTH AFRICAN OPERATION

In my Christmas message to all of you, I undertook to keep you informed of all the developments within Executive Turbine. The beginning of 2009 has been a very busy time for me and the management team as we set out to formulate a new strategic plan for the company in order to realize our new strategic goals.

Our new strategic goals have been defined as follows. We are looking to invest and concentrate more on expanding our Kenya, Namibia facilities and our UN and WFP ops outside of SA. We will also be concentrating more on Dry Leases. As such management and I will be concentrating our efforts in these areas of operation.

As mentioned in my Christmas message we have sold the Charter Company and other SA based entities and in line with our newly defined strategic plan as set out above, it has become necessary to distance the company from certain non-core business departments within South Africa, as well as the redistribution/sale of some of these departments. Certain other departments have been earmarked for sale and will go out on tender shortly.

Unfortunately this move has also lead to a necessary reduction in staff in South Africa only.

Whilst every endeavour is being made to ensure that the transition takes place as smoothly as possible, I realise this may be a trying period for some. I do however want to ensure you that the new strategic goals and plan are being implemented with the sole purpose of strengthening the company and that whilst painful the birthing process of the new structure will ensure that Executive Turbine remains a dynamic company as well as a major player within the aviation industry with a view to expand into owning larger type aircraft and dry leasing of same.

I thank all of the staff for their continued support and understanding during this transitional period. I would also like to wish those staff members that are leaving us all of the best in their future careers.

Kind Regards

Bret Lang

sslut
20th Jan 2009, 15:59
Which was preceded by the following:
]Herewith a message from the CEO. xxxxx in copy will you please forward to all the aircrew.
Dear All
Early this week we received a new RfO (Request for Offer – basically a Tender) from WFP for the 4 Twin Otter contracts in Sudan. This is to be effective from 01 Jan 2009. In other words the contracts for the Twin Otters will be up for rebid / renewal before their year’s expiry dates early next year.
This is well within the rights of the WFP and there are obviously various reasons for WFP in doing this.
Top management here at ETA has had a series of long discussions to decide on the course of action to follow.
In the interests of ETA and the long term planning/future of the company, it has been decided that we are going to standardize our fleet. We have also decided due various reasons (spares, crew, engineers etc) that to keep the Twin Otters on indefinitely will not be viable for the company’s future plans.
We have given WFP notice that we will not be retendering for these contracts in Sudan.
This in essence means that we will be withdrawing the 4 Twin Otters from Sudan – the latest by end of Dec 2008.
The Twin Otters, Caravans and Embrears will be replaced by a number of 1900D's.
I trust you will all still give 100% towards these contracts – as well as the other contracts. I would also like to thank all for their support and efforts under trying circumstances in Sudan for making this possible for so long.

So now that the DHC6's are not being replaced is there any wonder why confusion reigns!!

GunnerB
21st Jan 2009, 14:07
Hi guys having watched ET for the last 15 years lets look at some pointers:
1. Large company run by 1 shareholder seemingly successful
2. Owns excess apparently of 40 odd aircraft.( not talking cessna 172's)
3. Has some strange management skills or ideas.
4. Not well liked by most operators.
5. Not scared to take risks.
But let's be honest guys what we see happening now has happened many times during the ET life span and everytime the company seems to get bigger and stronger, so let's watch this space.

WhinerLiner
21st Jan 2009, 14:29
I hear they will be giving up the hangar too.

theBOSS
21st Jan 2009, 20:59
Eisch, 1'st time i got to a connection since my laste post. VERY VERY SAD STORY. Hope all the staff at ET get their worth.
And then for all the old farts bitching and moaning from the the day you started, are you happy now????

WDaron
22nd Jan 2009, 00:42
I'm sorry to hear all the bad news. Best of luck to everyone, have some mates there hope they do alright!

maxrated
22nd Jan 2009, 12:26
Mr BL is a very astute bussiness man, although somewhat unorthodox in his people skills department.

At the end of the day he has to make bussiness decisions that are in the best FINANCIAL interests of the COMPANY, otherwise ET would be nothing more than a flying club for its pilots.

I am sorry for the very good people who's positions have been made redundant but even in the current economic situation, well qualified engineers are being snapped up by the other operators.

Just my 2c worth.

GALANT
22nd Jan 2009, 18:58
Hi fellow aviators,I think ET's image is badly damaged by other operators in S.A,now if he has to relocate to Kenya,one advice for BL,be honest with the local operators because the current ETK management is really something that needs to be changed,wilson airport is very small and rumours really fly around also watch your director of maintainance,his habit is really wanting.

sslut
25th Jan 2009, 11:40
We stopped bitching and moaning when you left BigBoss. Was a great place for a while after that and then things went pear shaped due to various reasons and now some of us have decent jobs working with real people unlike your sideways move........:ugh:

Goffel
27th Jan 2009, 14:05
Can anyone comfirm or put the rumour right.

I heard today that ET were actually closing....apparently been sold.

Anyone else heard the "real deal" on this.

Goffel

sslut
27th Jan 2009, 17:32
From within the ranks of ET - not been sold but certainly restructuring and refocusing.... whatever that means!! Oh and by the way good luck JM with the new job - wise move boet:ok:

flying_spanner
28th Jan 2009, 17:26
Any of you guys looking for contract work since the ET saga has started? Get back to me -

GALANT
5th Feb 2009, 18:29
Roger!!!! "Just to give some update about Executive Turbine Kenya"
ETK is being sold to Orange Democratic Movement which is a political party in Kenya,apparently ODM is buying 50% of ETK.Rumour has it that the current CEO Mr. N.O. has told other ceo's in the Lady Lori party which was lauched on wednesday night at ETK hangar.Mr. B.L !!! you better watch out,Kenyan politicians are known for there tricks and dirtiness,for sure they will cone you and at the end you will lose the whole of Langat House.

CHEERS MATE

bathtub200
6th Feb 2009, 14:22
dutch krone????????????? I thought it was dutch gilder:confused:

Gooneybird
7th Feb 2009, 18:18
A few people on this thread are offering the CEO of ET financial and business advise I notice. Presumably they're doing this from the comfort of their yachts sailing off the Mediterranean coast, or possibly from their executive suites.....the mind boggles.

Goffel
8th Feb 2009, 05:04
Gooneybird.

You are missing the point completely.

From my motor launch, I am able to give the world my undivided attention and advice.

So to deal with a one man company (it is only owned by one man), it is no problem.

I have to admit to getting really pissed off that BL is not following my advice, (and others), that it is now forcing me to contimplate writing a cheque out, then firing the man.

Remember, pilots have know everything..(well, the one's I know).

Goffel..(living in a dream world on a 2m rubber duck with a 2hp seagul).
:E:E:E:E:E:E:E:E:E:E

sslut
8th Feb 2009, 16:45
Gooney - you can only offer someone advise that is willing to listen and accept criticism. Sometimes a bit of fiscal punishment is in order for those with bad attitudes.:ugh:

maxrated
9th Feb 2009, 11:14
Thank you sslut,

In this regard, please check your latest pay slip and note the 30 percent paycut we gave you.

In light of your previous post we hardly think you will be in a position to object.

Regards
THE MANAGEMENT

:E

GALANT
9th Feb 2009, 14:10
I confirm!! Mr. B.L is in Nairobi to sort out the mess of his maintainance at ETK.They are hardly keeping any contract forget about wining WFP contract,I think they will never get WFP contract so long as they keep the same guys around.You need change of guard!! PERIOD.Heard they lost Air Serve and one Liberia contract,the B1900's are coming back home end of the month.

sslut
9th Feb 2009, 18:57
Certain people were employed to fix the mes at ETK and when the recommendations were made a to how to fix the problems they were shot down. Amazingly enough none of them are still resident there - now let me think why.......

Ah yes max!!! Unfortunately due my visionary ability I am no longer part of the furniture and a 30% cut now would still make me happy. :p

maxrated
10th Feb 2009, 06:06
sslut,

LOL, agreed you make a valid point regarding unheeded recomendations, and in this regard;

It is a general problem in all of the contract company's ( including the military) that the opinions of the infield crew's, are deemed to be less worthy, than the opinions of the home based admin & finance staff, who become prone to making arm chair decisions on issues that are transpiring thousands of miles away from the comfort of their air conditioned board rooms.

I think that the directors should spend more time talking to their pilots , engineers and contract managers if they really want to know whats happening in their company.

:)

speed bird
10th Feb 2009, 17:02
do you work for ETK by any chance seems you can confirm alot about?

GALANT
12th Feb 2009, 16:12
Just giving ET some advice if they really want to win WFP contract on behalf of ETK.First thing first deal with the current DOM,the back stops there before hiring guys to do paper work.WFP know the current DOM very well when he use to work at ALS,he almost made ALS lose sudan contract and what he did was well known.If WFP auditors show up for maintainance audit,they normally asking him "will you try do that again over here" and he laughs without giving proper answer!.Please do background check!!!!!

blondi
18th Feb 2009, 11:06
? so any recent news re ET are they moving out from Lanseria????????

sslut thanks for leaving me behind:sad:

STARTOD
1st Mar 2011, 19:49
I am surprised they are still operating at all. It`s time for MR Lang to go back to hell after his vacation on earth. Not much left for him here in any case.