PDA

View Full Version : John Travolta loses a son

Will Hung
3rd Jan 2009, 21:11
I've briefly scanned the threads and can't see any mention of this.

JT, your a fellow aviator, and more importantly, a fellow Dad. If, per chance, you scan this network, rest assured people are thinking of you. All of our offspring are special. To any man, a son is so special. Trust me, I know.

Thinking of you.

redsnail
3rd Jan 2009, 21:17
It has been mentioned in the TRAB thread. A bit obscure but yes, a very sad day for the Travoltas.

Will Hung
3rd Jan 2009, 21:30
Right. So what's the TRAB thread ?

Howard Hughes
3rd Jan 2009, 21:35
The hardest thing in life for a parent to do, is bury their child. My heart goes out to the Travolta family.

Abusing_the_sky
3rd Jan 2009, 22:19
What happened IS indeed very sad. I am sure Jet will be missed and family and friends (and fans) will never stop loving him. RIP

Sad day for the Travoltas.

aviate1138
4th Jan 2009, 09:03
Really sad for any caring parents.

Would the outcome have been any different if the family weren't Scientologists?

zab
4th Jan 2009, 09:47
A very sad thing for any parent to lose a child.

From what I can gather being a scientologist would not have made any difference it what seems like a tragic accident but an accident anyway.

Pugilistic Animus
4th Jan 2009, 09:55
--- Slipped the Surly Bonds of Earth,...and Touched the Face of God---J.G.M

aviate1138
4th Jan 2009, 11:37
"From what I can gather being a scientologist would not have made any difference "

Try Googling "Dianetics" and see what L.Ron Hubbard skimmed off the top - $200,000,000 plus. A dubious religion at best and one that does not help the mentally ill other than to advise 'self help'. Hubbard died and his 'Group' shredded all evidence and the case never made it to court.

Anyway poor Jet probably had autism but religion got in the way.

"The family says his illness/seizures are the results of Kawasaki disease suffered as a toddler. The real controversy comes about because the family are scientologists who don't recognize autism as an illness. They blame environmental toxins for the Kawasaki Syndrome and say that a protocol developed by scientology healed Jett. Some experts in autism are saying that if he had received proper treatment and medical care, he would have been healthier and more functional.

GETA
4th Jan 2009, 18:04
So sorry for the Travolta family , regardless if their " religion " had something to do , ( not directly of course ) , with their son's death or not , they must be going through living hell right now .:(

chuks
4th Jan 2009, 21:02
I don't think anyone who has lost a loved one would really need people here on Jet Blast to discuss anything to do with that, whatever the ins and outs of Scientology, etcetera. Why not just respect their loss and leave this one alone? It seems very demeaning to bring it up in this way at all.

Buster Hyman
4th Jan 2009, 21:39
You beat me to it Chuks. Absolutely no need to raise Scientology in this. This is a simple tragedy & a family's grief is no time to point a bone at their beliefs. If JT ever did read Pprune, he'd probably not bother again after reading this.:=

CityofFlight
4th Jan 2009, 21:47
Agree whole heartedly, Chuks & Buster. And the details that are emerging are heartbreaking. I can't imagine the journey they face in the coming days and months.

airfoilmod
4th Jan 2009, 21:51
A child is a small human who walks the earth with his parents hearts beating in his chest. The child dies, the parent dies. I know. God Bless you and your wife, John.

pineridge
5th Jan 2009, 20:30
A terrible tragedy. We feel for you.