PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane ICAC Announcement

Chinook
3rd Jan 2009, 21:11
Ladies and Gentlemen,

For some time now the Sydney helicopter fraternity has held a bi-annual Inner City Aviators Convention (ICAC) at the Lord Nelson Hotel, The Rocks. the occasion has been well supported by present and past members of AAAvn, RAAF, RAN flying organisations and their overseas compatriots.

I propose we should convene a SE QLD ICAC (BICAC?) at the Belgian Beer Hall in Brisbane, 30 Jan 09 at 1900 local. Bring spouses / partners, have a few beers and catch up with old friends or make new ones.

Surely Sydney can't have the monopoly on a good night out twice a year?

Let me know what you all think.

papa68
4th Jan 2009, 22:30
Chinook,

Great to hear the concept of the ICAC (Inner City Aviators Club) looks to be taking off in other capital cities around Australia.:ok:

FYI - The Sydney ICAC is run every month at a "random" venue determined by El Presidente (generally within walking distance of Taylor Square). It's a great opportunity for aviators from a wide variety of backgrounds to get together and exchange ideas (warries) and have a beer or two whilst having a semi-legitimate reason to get away from the missus!

Such has been the success of the Sydney ICAC, we managed to get a certain Nick Lappos and his wife to come along one night, and I'm pleased to report, Nick is not only a font of knowledge on the topic of helicopters but a fantastic bloke to share a beer with. It also added a credibility factor to our meetings that money can't buy and now ensures I'm allowed to attend!;)

Good luck Chinook and may the concept flourish elsewhere.

P68:O

w_ocker
4th Jan 2009, 22:44
would love to, Bull, but am stuck in the Nation's Capital. "NCAC" anyone???

Chinook
5th Jan 2009, 10:56
I used to hear of a 'blue beret club' while working in Russell ... it has died?