PDA

View Full Version : Hello Goulburn Goodbye Canberra

Flyingblind
3rd Jan 2009, 00:16
Goulburn threat to airport plan - Local News - News - General - The Canberra Times (http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/goulburn-threat-to-airport-plan/1399080.aspx)

It would seem after many years the Local Councils aim of ridding themselves of an expensive money pit has finally borne fruit. Could these plans assist Sydney residents wishing to commence/continue their flying training there and will it ever actually have a tower?

Wonder what the effect of this will do to the owners of Canberra business park (and occasional airport) and their grand plans for their business.

I have completed a lot of my training at Goulburn and whilst i enjoy the freedom of operating there it is badly run down and require some TLC that Council are unwilling to provide or the sad fact is development comes at a cost to the private user, still, should be good for all parties concerned (actually i should say "lets see what the user fees are like first" before commenting) from what little information i have.

No Further Requirements
3rd Jan 2009, 04:33
Good old Tralee whingers get a mention. For crying out loud, why would you buy a property there? I love the huge signs at Cenberra Airport telling people not to buy there. Hats off to them for telling the public how it is.

As for the Goulburn development, good luck to them.

Cheers,

NFR.

Stationair8
3rd Jan 2009, 22:32
Tralee went downhill when they closed the speedway.