PDA

View Full Version : Urgent message for Wholigan....

timmcat
2nd Jan 2009, 19:56
You would be really p****d off if I didn't remind you...

Click here mate! (http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/)

DX Wombat
2nd Jan 2009, 21:11
You got a death wish again Timm? :ooh:

Wholigan
2nd Jan 2009, 22:41
You are Sooooooo lucky I'm no longer a mod mate ............... ;)

Howard Hughes
3rd Jan 2009, 04:06
Who in the real World has names like that? Bloody tossers...:rolleyes:

CityofFlight
3rd Jan 2009, 04:11
I don't get it. I wish it had been a PM between them, as the thread makes no sense to me. Damn! I hate when that happens! :{ :sad:

Buster Hyman
3rd Jan 2009, 04:47
Bloody tossers...:rolleyes:
You're talking about Verne Troyer aren't you....

Tempsford
3rd Jan 2009, 12:35
Yers, these blummin 'in jokes'. Bad form I agree, but Timm is from Yorkshire and getting on a bit. He also wears orange shoes and is vertically challenged so please cut him some slack.

Storminnorm
3rd Jan 2009, 12:45
Bet he has a disabled badge as well by the sound of that lot!

Beatriz Fontana
3rd Jan 2009, 12:53
but Timm is from Yorkshire

Which means what, Sussex boy?? :}

Storminnorm
3rd Jan 2009, 12:55
Just wondering??? Sorry!!!
If you're referring to me? If not B*ll*cks! :ok:

Tempsford
3rd Jan 2009, 14:06
I shall give you a clue Beatriz, Timm is from Yorkshire and I am from Lancashire. I live in Sussex. Don't judge a book by its cover:ok:

Happy New Year Timm, long time no see! Give my regards to your family:)

Lon More
3rd Jan 2009, 14:29
Timm has too much time on his hands.

Where's Anna when you need her to give him a good slapping?

edusaeanna
3rd Jan 2009, 17:35
I'm about to go into the kitchen to do womanly things, like sit and watch the men cook while I sip my drink and generally relax.

Hey... Timm... careful mate, a member of this forum is a relative of the one with the tits. Not that I don't thoroughly enjoy seeing you dig a crater for yourself from time to time.

Foxy Loxy
3rd Jan 2009, 20:08
We'll even supply the shovel.... :E

mustpost
3rd Jan 2009, 20:22
Edu

Wot about the new thread on JB started not minutes ago then??
If that's wot you want??
Greetings from Salisbury Crags - er no that wasn't a crater was it??:E
sined Mr Hutton:}

Beatriz Fontana
3rd Jan 2009, 23:17
Tempsford,

Lancashire?????? :eek:

Bea (Yorkshire lass)

Abusing_the_sky
3rd Jan 2009, 23:23
I am Timmcat's spokeswoman and i can assure ya'll that he is now on death row, praying Wholigan doesn't get to him first...:E

Rgds,
ATS

DX Wombat
3rd Jan 2009, 23:51
Tempsford, ..... Lancashire??????But of course he is. All the best people are from Lancashire. :ok:
Happy New Year Temps. :) :ok:

Tempsford
3rd Jan 2009, 23:57
And to you DX:ok:.

Temps

Whirlygig
4th Jan 2009, 00:04
Yeah Tempsofrd, I thought you were just north of Sandy, Beds :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Beatriz Fontana
4th Jan 2009, 00:09
All the best people are from Lancashire

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

.................But apart from Peter Kay. And Michael Vaughan..................

:}:}

Lon More
4th Jan 2009, 01:14
Tempsofrd, I thought you were just north of Sandy,

but if he confirmed that he would have to kill you

RAF Tempsford (http://harringtonmuseum.org.uk/HistoryTempsford.htm) for the uninitiated

Whirlygig
4th Jan 2009, 01:20
Having grown up near there, I consider myself initiated :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Tempsford
4th Jan 2009, 11:38
Until 2 1/2 years ago I lived in Biggleswade and when looking for a name I thought of Tempsford. A fascinating airfield nearby that I spent many hours investigating and visiting. My latest interests are Friston airfield and Newhaven Seaplane Base, only a couple of miles away from where I live now, not as much remaining, but still an interesting history.

Temps

Whirlygig
4th Jan 2009, 11:44
Well well - grew up a few miles away in Beeston - the village with the A1 running slap through the middle

Cheers

Whirls

G-CPTN
4th Jan 2009, 11:53
I spent many hours at Tempsford in the 60s - it was the Police driver training base where they had their skidpan. We supplied the cars for the skidpan work and I had to 'certify' them as being 'safe'. In return I was put through Police advanced driver training on Jaguars.

Tempsford
4th Jan 2009, 12:51
The barn is always worth a visit, to contemplate who went through there, and what happened to them. Brave, brave people one an all and I cannot begin to imagine what they went through. Freddie Clark's books bring some of the experiences to the fore. I have the deepest respect for the people who were at Temspford. For example, mere kids flying a Lysander alone in crap weather at low altitude, in the dead of night, navigating to a field 'somehwere in France' never knowing who are what will greet them, simply amazing stuff.

It has an aura still which is difficult to describe.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but someone did ask the question.

Temps

Romeo India Xray
4th Jan 2009, 13:18
Damn, this is turning out to be quite like Mornington Crescent, less the moves. I can't really say I understand either. I do however have real disdain for links to "Big Brother". Timm, you are now on my hit list too.

RIX

cleo
4th Jan 2009, 13:23
Now isn't this just like the old real PPRuNe chatroom? :ok:

Cup of tea anyone? I believe there are some choccy biccies somewhere :p

Tempsford
4th Jan 2009, 13:55
Cleo, Wholi, DX, yup even timm....just like the good old days.

Temps

merlinxx
4th Jan 2009, 14:01
Where's my custard creams, thieving bunch:E

Tempsford
4th Jan 2009, 14:21
There'll be hot chocky next!

Look what you've done timm!

Whirlygig
4th Jan 2009, 14:25
Just got the kettle on now for a Caley's Hot Choc :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Lon More
4th Jan 2009, 15:41
I had the misfortune to spend my teenage years in Luton and visited Tempsford quite a few times. The film, Carve Her Name with Pride about Violet Szazbo (sp?), who flew from there to France was on tv a couple of days ago

Lighter note, have just diluted some very good Navy rum with coffee - still stuck to the back of the throat though

Beatriz Fontana
4th Jan 2009, 16:20
have just diluted some very good Navy rum with coffee - still stuck to the back of the throat though

If it was Lambs or Capt Morgan, then that's fine. Woods on the other hand shouldn't be tainted and enjoyed neat :ok:

candoo
4th Jan 2009, 17:29
Where did I leave my Camp Coffee?

Lon More
4th Jan 2009, 18:41
If it was Lambs or Capt Morgan, then that's fine

not sure what it was; came from an unlabeled bottle and was quite thick, possibly undiluted? The person who gave me it has contacts in the Caribbean

Beatriz Fontana
4th Jan 2009, 20:13
Ooh, probably good stuff, then. I've just had a snifter of Woods from the 50cl bottle I was gifted from my dad (ex-RN from the days they still gave out the daily dose). It has probably seen off this season's flu bug :cool:

Lon More
4th Jan 2009, 22:01
Bea I have a feeling this may come from a similar source where the water was "terrible strong" Unfortunately, when it's gone there ain't no more. Shall be forced onto the pocheen then

DX Wombat
5th Jan 2009, 10:56
There'll be hot chocky next!
Do you want the whipped cream and marshmallows with that too Temps?

cockney steve
5th Jan 2009, 17:14
Lon, post #34

I had the good fortune to be shown the memorial to Violet Szabo.

A dark grey granite memorial at a road-fork in the wilds of the sparsely-populated Limousin. It was clean and tidy,with posies of (artificial) flowers and Tricolor and Union Jack. As with all the (numerous) memorials dotted around, it was obviously regularly tended. Also saw a memorial to the Partisans who held Mt. Gargon against vastly superior German odds,for a considerable time,-aided by a drop of supplies from the RAF......unfortunately, the photos were too poor but I hope to go back........

Lon More
5th Jan 2009, 21:18
According to the movie, to help encrypt her radio transmissions from France, Violette had a code poem, supposedly written by her husband. Significantly, Minney's book doesn't refer to a poem; Etienne could barely speak English, so this was an obvious fabrication. The authorship of the poem was subsequently claimed by Leo Marks, who served with the SOE and had worked with Violette Szabo. However, a recent book by Susan Ottaway disputes Marks's claim.

Regardless of authorship, the poem has become very popular, often read at funerals. A cinematic invention or not, it provides a fitting tribute to the wartime courage of an entire generation:

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours
And yours
And yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours
And yours
And yours.

http://i.travelmail.co.uk/i/pix/tm/2008/05/lesclos1MOS_428x269.jpg

lexxity
5th Jan 2009, 21:37
I thought the poem referred to her Children?