PDA

View Full Version : Umm al Quwaim Ruler Dies

A300Man
2nd Jan 2009, 10:44
This has been announced now in local media and all radio channels have reverted to the Koran broadcast.

For those of you planning your business, Government Offices, Departments and other Government Agencies and Service Providers will be closed until Monday, 5th Jan 2009.

FYI.

puff m'call
2nd Jan 2009, 12:34
And who the :mad: is he then?

More bloody school holiday at ****e music on the radio. :mad:ers!!!

Mike.Park
2nd Jan 2009, 12:52
Umm al Quwaim Ruler Dies

I didn't know UAQ had a "ruler"... Shame.

piggybank
3rd Jan 2009, 02:04
Yonks back in 1970 I remember driving through Umm al Quain (spelling?), a very scenic group of a few houses and barusti, the date leaf huts. many fish traps. Nice place but seemed very impoverished. Dirt road.

Later in Khasab, about 1983, I mentioned Khor Fakkan to the pilot of the SOAF 205 we were in, Jonathan P. How the village was OK for visit, no electricity 20 houses and only the mosque had power at times. Good swimming on the beach.

He took me so we could see Khor Fakkan from the air. What a change, a major city. Big areas laid out for building more houses.

Yes the Middle East has certainly grown from my first days there at age 20.

Sandy Toad
3rd Jan 2009, 03:39
How sad that some people can live here for several years yet appear to have no knowledge of the country they've chosen to work in and absolutely no respect.

Ayla
3rd Jan 2009, 04:36
Here, Here Mr Toad couldn't agree more!

Fart Master
3rd Jan 2009, 06:36
I think he probably gives them as much respect as they give him......... cuts both ways amigo:ok:

Sandy Toad
3rd Jan 2009, 07:34
Whenever I met him he was always polite, caring and a kind host. I'll keep my memories and leave you to your indiscriminate bashing....

QCM
3rd Jan 2009, 14:01
PUF:mad: you should at least respect his memory if you don't know who he was...

puff m'call
3rd Jan 2009, 17:59
Well I don't so up there you go, and nor do I respect many if any of the other monkeys who run this place because they are two faced hypocritial idiots. :p

Bredrin
4th Jan 2009, 01:20
Why so caustic PUFF? If you are so angry, then leave and make a happy life elsewhere. Happy New Year and may your knickers be untwisted for 2009.
One Love

Terry McCassey
4th Jan 2009, 05:05
Yeh right, there are worse places about.

Rgds, Russell Kaymar

puff m'call
4th Jan 2009, 13:12
Me angry, no just can't stand the locals who run this sh1te hole in the sand but hey, i'm a mercenary and I'll keep taking the money...happy 2009:O