PDA

View Full Version : Saudi 777 lands with wing Damage

7of9
2nd Jan 2009, 00:05
Found this on another forum;

AirVids.Net Aviation Video Channel - Saudi 777 lands with damaged Wing (http://www.airvids.net/view/185/saudi-777-lands-with-damaged-wing/)

Trev:eek::eek:

Admiral346
2nd Jan 2009, 01:20
This does look quite bad - I wonder what the announcement said, but my arabian is just a bit rusty...

Nic

Rainboe
2nd Jan 2009, 10:40
This is an old, old incident. Not news at all.

ukdean
2nd Jan 2009, 11:11
RAINBOE.

Didnt you get any over xmas your remarks on this theard and also the one i posted by mistake are, you know what, thats what "kcok" would write. People on here take a interest in aviation and dont come on here to meet xxxx`s like you. Please grow up.

Everyone else please apologise for my rant.

Rainboe
2nd Jan 2009, 11:13
Good God. What is this forum coming to! Stop wasting time spotting. For mercy's sake, go back to school!

7of9
2nd Jan 2009, 11:15
Sorry I Didn't KNOW!!
Just seen it & thought it might be of interest to some one.

Mods remove if you wish.

Avitor
2nd Jan 2009, 11:40
It was news to me! :cool:

SincoTC
2nd Jan 2009, 13:33
7of9 and Avitor

As Rainboe stated, it was an old incident; see these from last March:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/317920-boeing-777-saudi-airlines-plane-lands-damaged-wing-old-news.html
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/318924-saudi-arabian-777-wing-damage.html

However, these threads seemed to die out without conclusion and if there was any real news or official report of the cause on another thread, then I missed it.

Rainboe
2nd Jan 2009, 14:39
Didnt you get any over xmas your remarks on this theard and also the one i posted by mistake are, you know what, thats what "kcok" would write. People on here take a interest in aviation and dont come on here to meet
I really think all Spotters should ask themselves should they really continue spotting if this is the standard of education. I was a spotter myself, but I saw to it that I at least achieved a literate standard of communication in parallel with my spotting, not as an alternative to it. Here we have an example of an illiterate idiot who has apparently voluntarily carried out his spotting activities as an alternative to his education. What am I, as a taxpayer who has funded this twerp's education, to do? Why has my tax money been wasted so, and presumably will be wasted in the future to fund this impertinent fool's spotting with benefits, presumably as an alternative to real work?

Do people really talk as this one writes?

SincoTC
2nd Jan 2009, 15:37
Rainboe,

Re your last post, I couldn't agree more, it's pathetic!!

llondel
2nd Jan 2009, 18:44
What would be useful is a sticky thread in a suitable forum where links to reports (and English translations if necessary!) of incidents covered on PPRuNe could be posted. I know to look at the AAIB and NTSB sites but they obviously don't carry all the reports. I know it's probably not practical, but it would make a useful reference and a quick way to point people at the information.

glhcarl
2nd Jan 2009, 19:29
As Rainboe stated, it was an old incident; see these from last March:

However, these threads seemed to die out without conclusion ...

Which is not uncommon with incidents that take place in Saudi Arabia.

Will Hung
2nd Jan 2009, 20:55
Happy new year Rainboe !!!!!!

Rainboe
2nd Jan 2009, 21:15
Oh, I thought we were over all that for another year. The dogs are just getting their nerves settled after all the NY fireworks, and our digestive systems are just praying life will get back to normal soon. As you insist, Happy New Year one and all........almost all, with a couple of exclusions, one of whom is the impertinent illiterate plonker above!
Spotters are interested in planes for planes' sake, not just prurient incident videos. Bit sad to show these vids here- they're not what spotting is about. Any bets on when the next link to the Airbus landing with violent pitching is next, yet again, posted here?