PDA

View Full Version : Spotting at LHR

Danflyer2008
1st Jan 2009, 14:40
Hi all,
Im heading to LHR tommorrow (2/1/09) and mostly likely to go to Mirtle Ave. Does anybody know what direction the a/c have been flying this week. I wont be getting there until 1pm.
Does anyone know if any of the A380's will be coming in/out after 1pm? Intrested to see any VS a/c departing/ landing in the afternoon.

Any info will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks in advance :ok:

Skipness One Echo
1st Jan 2009, 15:27
They are departing 09R today and the Emirates A380 arrives at 1145 and departs 1345 ( ish ), check BAA Heathrow: Welcome to Heathrow Airport | Parking | Terminal 5 (http://www.heathrowairport.com). The SIA A380 arrives in the evening when it's dark I'm afraid, though the early morning arrival departs late morning.

Happy spotting!

Norman.D.Landing
1st Jan 2009, 16:13
Departing 09L? Do you mean 09R? 09L deps are frowned upon due to the Cranford agreement.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
1st Jan 2009, 18:27
Wind is very light and forecast to remain so in the next day or two. Depends on which side of north it blows from.

It's 09L for landing at present (19:25) so it may stay that way.

When it's 27L for landing I don't use Myrtle Ave - drive round to the entrance to the cemetary south of the Green Man. Parking is dead easy and you can take pics from the comfort of your car with hardly anyone around..

Danflyer2008
1st Jan 2009, 19:42
thanks to the replies, hopefully i can get some pics from myrtle ave, but looks like i be going to the north side of the airport to get pics!

Im jus starting out in photography and working towards building a portfolio of my work, so thanks for the info! :ok: