PDA

View Full Version : Swissport MAN job losses

rampratbillyboy
31st Dec 2008, 19:39
Welcome to Swissport UK - From landing to take-off: We care! (http://www.swissportuk.com/)

Despite losing no contracts this year and taking a couple of new ones on, Swissport MAN are to lose approx 50 jobs in the new year-33 from ramp/baggage, the rest from management etc...."Losing too much money" is what my mole there told me was the management cry....

1station
2nd Jan 2009, 12:42
There is a rumour on the airport this morning saying Swissport have lost MON however cannot find out if it is true or not which suggests a rumour is all it is.

Anyone have any information?

G-STAW
2nd Jan 2009, 13:38
there is a rumor that we (servisair) are in talks with them, but its too soon to tell

Capt Wannabe
2nd Jan 2009, 17:44
Heard a few weeks ago that MON have re-signed with Swissport.

Jen_Jen
2nd Jan 2009, 18:53
Swissport losing Monarch wouldn't suprise me but I really don't think Servisair would get Monarch especially since they have just taken over TCX. I think if they go anywhere it would be back to Aviance.

DeltaIndiaSierraPapa
4th Jan 2009, 13:39
G-STAW... In case you haven't noticed... not just you (Servisair) is talking to them.... EVERYONE is!! It is how contracts are negotiated! You play one off against the other.

(being moderated SUCKS.... Some posters with the letters aircraft registrations as a username need to stop being so bloody sensitive)