PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Predictions

Captain Speedbird
31st Dec 2008, 10:26
Capt Speedbirds carefully planned retirement equity will be worthless.

Any other predictions?

GroundedSLF
31st Dec 2008, 10:29
MOL will have a publicity stunt go embarrassingly wrong, and have to eat humble pie - sorry, just wishfull thinking:O

VinRouge
31st Dec 2008, 10:41
FTSE100 <3500

Land Registry House Price index showing <25% falls from 2007 peak
Halifax/Nationwide showing 30% falls

General election New Year 2010 as we are in a second winter of discontent. Just wait and see what will happen when the civil sector get 0% and worse pay rise.

3.5 Million unemployed.

I cant Wait! :yuk:

Good news, I will probably own a decent home having waited and saved since 2005 for one. At a decent price. ;)

Krystal n chips
31st Dec 2008, 11:19
Ah yes, welcome to 2009.....the Nu Labour 2009 that is.....so, that's it then..the beginning of the end is nigh.....all forms of public enjoyment to be censored and curtailed.....obligatory financial contributions to the Glorious Party....plus mandatory pilgrimage to worship at the Holy Shrine of St Gordon the Glorious.....and no one permitted to leave the UK unless approved by The Party.......well, OK, not quite that bad...yet.

Page 11 of the Grudiad has an article on a Mr R Burns, poet (deceased) who, it turns out, may have held republican inclinations.....hardly a surprise for a Jock now is it ?...;):E....sadly the on-line version of the story does not carry the same photo as the printed edition....notably the demise of one Ms M. Antoinette.....the link being that the prospect of seeing Ms Smith gracing a tumbril to emulate Ms Antoinette, is, erm, "rather appealing".....:E:ok:

Just a thought spooks, just a thought.

Private firm may track all email and calls | UK news | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/dec/31/privacy-civil-liberties)

lazy george
31st Dec 2008, 14:11
Mr Ladbrokes will have to sell one of his holiday homes when my resolution kicks in :}

GrumpyOldFart
31st Dec 2008, 14:26
GroundedSLF:

MOL will have a publicity stunt go embarrassingly wrong, and have to eat humble pie

I predict that's the last time we'll ever see 'MOL' and 'humble' in the same sentence.

Storminnorm
31st Dec 2008, 14:57
2009? A return to the Dark Ages when the Ruskies cut off
the gas, and the Frogs cut off the electrickery because our
money is totally worthless.
BUY SHARES IN LAMP OIL NOW!!!!!!! :ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

JennyB
31st Dec 2008, 15:48
Predict that there will be a General election that the Tories will win by a landslide, can then start using funny and witty phrases such as "David Scameron", "Gorge Osborne", "William Vague" and "CONservative"etc. that are almost as intelligent, witty and original as the PPrune staples Of "Bliar" "Broon" and "NUlabour".

Storminnorm
31st Dec 2008, 15:53
Just HOPE that the tories are buried by a landslide!
Whilst holding hands with New Labour!

Parapunter
31st Dec 2008, 15:53
I predict that none of the predictions offered here or by the talking heads in the times, a whole page of which I have just ploughed through, will come to pass on the same basis that none of same foresaw with any of the certainty & self assuredness displayed in all this writing, the shit storm we have endured thus far in 2008.:hmm:

Sallyann1234
31st Dec 2008, 15:55
I predict that at the end of 2009 there will be a thread title on here along the lines of:
"Pound hits new low against euro"

Storminnorm
31st Dec 2008, 15:55
Serves you right for buying the Times.

Major oil strike under the houses of parliament!

Entire area to be razed to the ground!

Hundreds of MPs to be made redundant!

Parapunter
31st Dec 2008, 15:57
Well, I predict I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Hobo
31st Dec 2008, 16:41
I predict that in the last few days of 2009, a thread entitled "2010 Predictions" will be started on PPRuNe.

Effluent Man
31st Dec 2008, 18:43
General Election ....No overall majority.I made this pediction Summer 2008. You might have to wait until 2010 though.

El Grifo
31st Dec 2008, 19:08
I predict that my kilted cojones will be warmed spordically and spontaneously by inquisitive Scandi girls tonight,with my full permission, as I wander along the avenida in a hazy alcohol glow tonight, just after the new year fireworks.

Not really a prediction, happens every year :}

(and you wonder why scotsmen wear the kilt)

Happy New year to you all :ok: