PDA

View Full Version : The Great Antipodean Cover-up

CUNIM
30th Dec 2008, 12:40
Sun-loving Australians reacted angrily on Tuesday to a mid-summer bid by a conservative Christian lawmaker to ban topless sunbathing on beaches in the country's most populous state.

Christian lawmaker and veteran morals campaigner Reverend Fred Nile won backing from key politicians in New South Wales state, counting Sydney and its famed ocean beaches, to tighten existing laws covering nude sunbathing.

Well this should raise a few points:}

Capt.Grumpy
30th Dec 2008, 13:12
won backing from key politicians in New South Wales

I'd hardly call two politicians out of the whole NSW parliament a resounding endorsement. Besides no one takes Fred Nile seriously. :rolleyes:

BlueDiamond
30th Dec 2008, 13:18
... no one takes Fred Nile seriously.
Correct. He's never been happy from the time when women started showing their ankles on the beach. :uhoh:

Wiley
30th Dec 2008, 13:30
The real joke is that the Rev Fred came out with "we don't want to offend the Muslims" - and one Sydney talkback radio station called up Kaiser Trad, a major Muslim spokesman in Oz (as well as a goodly number of Muslim males who rang in) - and it will come as no surprise to most Australians who've seen our Muslim brothers on beaches from Surfers Paradise to Cronulla to hear that Kaiser an the other Muslim gentlemen said they weren't offended in the least (as long as it wasn't "their" women doing the baring).

Storminnorm
30th Dec 2008, 13:36
I refuse to wear a bikini for Fred Nile or anyone else!!!!

G-CPTN
30th Dec 2008, 14:43
"If you're on the beach do you want somebody with big knockers next to you when you're there with the kids?" he asked. :ok:

Ban on topless sunbathing urged for Australian beaches - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/4029379/Ban-on-topless-sunbathing-urged-for-Australian-beaches.html)

Storminnorm
30th Dec 2008, 16:12
Someone on the beach with BIG knockers. Yes please!

merlinxx
30th Dec 2008, 17:52
Rev Fred GFY from my chums up in Mudgee :mad:u I think is what they said:E

Selfloading
30th Dec 2008, 18:46
It's Fred Nile, who cares what he thinks :ugh:

parabellum
30th Dec 2008, 23:44
Won't happen anyway, "Infringement of human rights" and all that! (Mine, the voyeur and hers, the exhibitionist!);)

Buster Hyman
30th Dec 2008, 23:47
Considering some of the "naturist" heffers around, he may be on to something. Perhaps a panel should be set up to decide what can & can not be exposed on a beach....I will humbly accept the role if nominated...:E

Track Coastal
31st Dec 2008, 02:43
Perhaps a panel should be set up to decide what can & can not be exposed on a beach....I will humbly accept the role if nominated...
Indeed. I have been 'monitoring' the situation in FNQ closely (:E), I feel I see nothing amongst the Scandinavian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Brit and Nth Am backpackers that wish to expose more than what Fred the Loon recommends that offends me so far. ;)

tinpis
31st Dec 2008, 03:21
Nude bathing is legal in in every state but Queensland

Buster Hyman
31st Dec 2008, 05:28
I'm sorry TC....but, you've failed the interview!

:E

Arm out the window
31st Dec 2008, 06:18
F***in' Fred f***in' Nile, the man's a menace.
"Oh, no, women baring their breasts in public, it's the end of the world I tell you!"
Isn't he a Reverend? Would he be aware that, assuming God made women, he also made their lumpy bits?

Sciolistes
31st Dec 2008, 06:57
Reminds me of the late Mary Whitehouse.

Her moral crusade against the "filth and depravity" of British television in the 70's highlighted on one thing, that she was a raving pervert in denial. Only she and her ilk could not stop themselves thinking of sex whilst watching the most benign things.

apache
31st Dec 2008, 07:13
Just to clarify.... you want ME to sign a petition saying I do NOT like seeing nude breast on a beach, and I further want to say that I would be OFFENDED by seeing a nude sheila walking down the beach(or anywhere actually)....?

Mate... I LIVE for the day wehn I can ogle a set of norks freely.... let aone the "hairy chequebook". STAND UP and be proud of our nude sisters, I say. join in the hearty throng of the sun loving fraternity. Is it such a shame to be seen in the clothes that god hath made for us? did not Adam and eve parade to such functions in equitably attired garb? Who am I to question the theory of nature?

If you want to feel mother natures true kiss..... Who am I to stop it?

HKPAX
31st Dec 2008, 07:23
What's the situation in Brest and Nepal?

apache
31st Dec 2008, 07:37
NO oroblems with Breasts.....

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
31st Dec 2008, 11:52
"Lawmaker"? Is that what normal people call politicians? That ilk that one wouldn't widdle on if they were on fire?

Every Country has its particular political, moral, safety obsessed or whatever nutters. As a Brit, I should know; we have more than our share. There are two main ways of dealing with them:

a. argue against their idiot type arguments robustly (aggressively, if necessary) with the reserve of the final line being "sod off, we're not having it". Pointing and laughing can add fun to this approach as they rarely like it.

c. agree with their idiot type arguments completely and tell them that they aren't going far enough. Then, develop their arguments to an extremity that holds up to total ridicule. Caution is needed here, though, as the buggers might not see the joke and vote for it.

d. Ignore them; they hate it. This is also a risky ploy inside a free democracy.

Bugger! there are three (three) main ways of dealing with them.

Track Coastal
31st Dec 2008, 16:42
I'm sorry TC....but, you've failed the interview!

If it was the drool or dribble on my ASIC, I just had root canal work...honest!

sisemen
1st Jan 2009, 04:15
Just tell the old f*rt that it's a geography lesson in progress - and they're doing the map of Tasmania.

Cunning_Stunt
1st Jan 2009, 04:25
He's the same intellectual moralising nitwit who proposed " AIDS-free holiday zones" for the innocent masses years ago.

Fark'n'ell
1st Jan 2009, 04:44
let aone the "hairy chequebook".

Too far above the grass to eat.Needs feeding

Fantome
22nd Feb 2010, 04:42
NEWS ITEM TODAY

A popular beach for nudists has been raided by police following community concerns over illegal behaviour.

Families with small children were among the 140 people sunbathing on Little Congwong Beach at La Perouse, in Sydney's south, when police and National Parks and Wildlife officers arrived about 12.30pm (AEDT) on Sunday.

About 80 people were completely naked but the children present were fully clothed.

The officers attended the beach, which is not a designated nude sunbathing area, following complaints from the community.

Little Congwong Beach is within viewing distance from Bare Island - a popular destination for tourists and locals.

Police informed nude sunbathers of their illegal behaviour, prompting them to get dressed and leave the area.

Officers returned at 4pm, which prompted more nude sunbathers to vacate the beach.

Police said legal nude bathing beaches located in the Sydney metropolitan region included Lady Bay Beach at Watsons Bay and Cobblers and Obelisk Beach at Middle Head.

As the ever dry Robbo, (Clive Robertson), remarked on his radio program years ago, "If men want to go down to Obelisk, they must take their own."

Frank Arouet
22nd Feb 2010, 04:53
Strange that when Capt Cook arrived just across the bay way back, everyone was naked. La Perouse is still sacred to the local Indiginees. I hope nobody is upsetting them.

Bare Island (nice pun), once had a whale shark washed up on it. I suppose that's significant.

Buster Hyman
22nd Feb 2010, 06:07
Bare Island (nice pun), once had a whale shark washed up on it.
Was it a White Pointer?

Blacksheep
22nd Feb 2010, 08:43
...did not Adam and eve parade to such functions in equitably attired garb?No, they didn't. The problem was that while they were sweet and innocent, they didn't notice they were naked. Then they ate the forbidden fruit, noticed they were naked and thinking it was very rude, clothed themselves in leaves. When God wandered into the garden to admire his naked creations, he was annoyed about being disobeyed and hoyed them out of the garden.

Ergo, you can wander about naked in the Garden of Eden, but God long ago kicked us out and locked the gate... :}

Of course, there are those who claim that Orstryalia IS the Garden of Eden, but I doubt if Fred Nile is God's right hand man.

ExSp33db1rd
22nd Feb 2010, 09:02
Was it a White Pointer?

No, it only had a small Congwong.

Load of Cobblers.

sisemen
23rd Feb 2010, 04:32
Reverend of bleedin' what?? Sounds like a $20 Indian or Pakistani title. The man's a bloody menace.