PDA

View Full Version : Etihad A340 grounded ... Passengers stranded @ Sydney International Airport

dreamagicz
30th Dec 2008, 09:19
Etihad Airways Flight EY451 destined to Abu Dhabi International Airport[OMAA] from Kingsford Smith International Airport[YSSY] with ETD 300420(UTC) has been cancelled due to a technical failure during pre start attempt. The rumor that has been surrounding the cause of the cancellation is an Engine failure. Frustrated passengers stormed the Etihad Airways check in counter at the Sydney Airport, demanding answers.

Avman
30th Dec 2008, 09:25
I imagine the answer is a technical problem with an engine and once the problem is resolved (repair, or sending over a replacement a/c, or putting the pax on other flights) they will be on their way. Happens dozens of times a day around the globe. Not newsworthy unless it's a slow news day.

Birdy767
30th Dec 2008, 09:39
My insider says that they ran short of cash and can't pay the fuel bill... that's why this 4 APU Pigeon is grounded.

babemagnet
30th Dec 2008, 09:40
Happens everyday on a lot of airlines around the globe! Nothing special

NickNavarro
30th Dec 2008, 09:52
I can't see Etihad, a carrier who runs a daily service to Sydney coming up short for the fuel bill.

Birdy767
30th Dec 2008, 09:57
You never know... I wont bet One penny on the Golden Oil Peninsula.

GGR
30th Dec 2008, 10:01
Etihad cant pay fuel bills? Surely the people who own Etihad also own ALL the fuel...dont they? Your insider got it's head inside it's backside?
GGR

RAD_ALT_ALIVE
30th Dec 2008, 10:08
Hey Birdy,

I don't like to blast idiots, but on this occasion I feel I have no choice; 4 APU pidgeon???

Do you have even the slightest notion of the type of aircraft that's being talked about here?

The world has come a long way (some might say a very sad long way) since Airbus only produced the CFM powered '340s. The ones in question here have outputs that match the mighty '400. (Boeing 747-400 in case you didn't quite get it).

I don't work for EY (but if they had Aussie bases, I sure would like to) but I do know that the notion of them not being able to pay their fuel account is so ludicrous as to make the very suggestion seem like the product of a very foolish mind indeed.

You mention '...your sources...'. Yet you purport to be from Brussels. And you've only joined in Aug '08. Hmmmmm....questionable at best.
:rolleyes:

Birdy767
30th Dec 2008, 10:15
Sure, the Middle East own Alllll the fuel, then it s time for people to wake up and find a way to be less dependent.

I don't see the point to invest billions in new aircrafts if you can't fill in the tanks because your competitor plays with the barrel...

PS: Nothing offensive in this post, of course.

Birdy767
30th Dec 2008, 10:19
Rad Alt Alive, calm down , I love this 340 and actually love everything who can fly...I have been the first to be impressed by the size of the 340-600 and generally speaking by Airbus. ;)

Best wishes...

sharpclassic
30th Dec 2008, 10:29
haha! You guys make me laugh! When will people realise that msot of what is written on this site is banter and there purely to get a reaction from the likes of NickNavaro, GGR and Rad Alt Alive. Guys, seriously, lighten up!

Aircraft tech, it happens, when it's fixed or another aircraft is flown in, normal life will resume. As Avman said, it happens everyday around the world.

Next please...

desertwarrior
30th Dec 2008, 14:45
We fly the 345's and 346's to SYD, not the underpowered 343. In my 3 years flying for Etihad, paying for fuel has never been an issue. Break downs happen. Nuf said.

Regrds
DW

airbourne
3rd Jan 2009, 01:10
Ya know I was having a really crap day and then I saw the thread of the year so far! I know, its only the 2nd. Seriously, who wrote this? A 5 year old?

PAX 'stormed the etihad desk'?????? Ha!! In full tourist riot gear they made a run for it.

And the fuel bill story, oh that was a good one. The UAE national airline? Where all the oil comes from???

Ah just saw the poster is 19!

Load Toad
3rd Jan 2009, 01:21
Frustrated passengers stormed the Etihad Airways check in counter at the Sydney Airport, demanding answers.

How pleasant of them, how charming...couldn't they politely enquire? Did they really have to go full nazi storm trooper with machine pistols and hand grenades? Are good manners a thing of the past?

'I DEMAND an answer or I am going to be STORMING this check in desk!'

'The plane has broken it needs to be repaired.'

'I DEMAND that you make it all better IMMEDIATELY - I am an ANNOYED and IMPORTANT little snowflake.'