PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Barwon Heads airfield

r sole
30th Dec 2008, 08:11
anybody know if the east west track is open i hear the vans been moved:rolleyes:

littlechook
31st Dec 2008, 01:46
The caravan which was blocking the eastern end of the E-W was apparently moved some time during the evening of 30 Dec, and it certainly was not there this morning 31 Dec. There is no sign of it on McSkydive's house block. However, the eastern end of the E-W still has a couple of large crosses mown in to the grass, one of which is outlined with white painted tyres and the end of the R/W is still separated from the western end by white cones and a gable marker.

dflyer100
31st Dec 2008, 09:08
Couple of circuits on n/s 30/12/08 wind westerly at 20 to 25kts. Time you guys became pilots and adapt to the conditions. E/W was never much good anyway.

da fly

r sole
31st Dec 2008, 09:14
yes hopefully one day i might be as good a steerer as u:ok:

dflyer100
31st Dec 2008, 09:28
r sole,

How long you been flying? Cross wind landing is part of basic training. Maybe you need some refresher training. It has nothing to do with me being better than u. What it is about is being able to know YOUR limititaions and working within them till such times as your skill level improves. If you can't self improve get somebody to help you before somebody gets hurt.

Have a good new year.

da flyer

r sole
31st Dec 2008, 11:32
dflyer thanks for the tuition no i dont use the e w or n s strips i use a private strip i only asked the question as the blocking of the runway did seem a silly thing to do all the best and have a good year

flog
6th Jan 2009, 23:05
Drove past last week and there it was still sitting on the E/W runway.

Drove past yesterday and it's gone...

Is the east/west runway back in use?