PDA

View Full Version : First time jobs oppertunities in Vietnam?

pdsgillett
30th Dec 2008, 08:04
Hi

Have looked through a number of threads and to my knowledge i don't think this question has been addressed?

I'm looking at job oppertunities available in Vietnam for first timers with no type Rating, minimal hours and a JAR license.

Any suggestions/info is greatly appreciated!

Jimmy Do Little
30th Dec 2008, 10:15
Didn't I just fly with you?

THRidle
30th Dec 2008, 10:43
Not Unless it was the guy I did my last check with !!!!

pdsgillett
30th Dec 2008, 11:40
Nope, dont think so.

So any advice?

kangaroota
31st Dec 2008, 03:35
Unless your father is a senior party member your chances are zilch, zero, none.;)

DutyFree
31st Dec 2008, 03:47
or you are type rated and have time on type, 0 chance otherwise

pdsgillett
31st Dec 2008, 11:36
Ok gents i'm seeing a trend here and thats along the line of little to no chance- but no harm in asking.

Thanks for your help

Tony Hirst
31st Dec 2008, 11:51
I'm looking at job oppertunities available in Vietnam for first timers with no type Rating, minimal hours and a JAR license.
Your only known hope in the future would be with Jetstar Pacific through CTC (http://www.ctcwings.co.uk) (Wings ATP scheme in your case).

The problem is neither Jetstar have asked for more (as far aswe have been told) and CTC have closed new Wings ATP applications until further notice. If and when it happens the next lot will be on the A320.

max autobrakes
2nd Jan 2009, 03:48
Very interesting.
Click on the (AIRLINE PILOT TRAINING (http://www.ctcwings.co.uk/))CTC url here or above and then go to the UK/Europe career page.
One of the sponsor airlines is JetStar.
Didn't know JetStar were operating in Europe.
Is/was this a premature slip by Qantas management reference the aborted QF/BA merger?:bored:

B772
5th Jan 2009, 02:11
There are rumours a number of Jetstar Pacific (Vietnam) A320 Captains are flying with Tiger in SIN for the next 6 months die to the downturn in Vietnam.

Tony Hirst
6th Jan 2009, 12:10
Those A320 guys are flying for Tiger because of the delays due to issues with one of the leased A320s that was planned to be delivered and online before now.