View Full Version : turbopropo operations info

liftman
29th Dec 2008, 18:19
Hi guys,

Quite bored about airline style, i am trying to jump in executive aviation as F/O.

I am interested in operations with turboprop:

which to prefer between Pilatus PC12, Cessna Caravan, Beechcraft king air?

Any serious operator using them in Europe?

Any info about roster or lifestyle on these aircraft?

Just last question: i am looking for rosters like 7/7 or 15/15 due to parental problem, any info about that?

Which companies?

Cheers

Empty Cruise
29th Dec 2008, 19:33
Well...

...the KingAir has two engines, for starters... that should help.

Secondly, there are some large-scale operators of these aircraft. Dexter (in Moscow) have a lot of PC-12s coming, tpo name one.

The roster might be a problem, though. People flying TP do so for two reasons:
1) They need to get into some ridiculously short strip regularily
2) That's all they need and their money can buy

Neither of these necissarily point towards the need for more than 1 captain, and maybe 1 FO (if you're lucky). In other words, you could find yourself the only pilot on the aircraft.

With an airline background, I'd look into the medium- to long-range jet market. Even if your airline is TP, if you have LHS experience you'd be a natural candidate for FO on one of these, you could still aim for the roster you mention, and would be less of a long-term risk and a natural candidate to upgrade once you've got the aircraft under your belt.

Best of luck,
Empty

liftman
30th Dec 2008, 07:24
many thanks for your good sujjestions!

At the moment anyway it seems to me no job in mid executive, I applied to lots of company but no chance.

Denti
30th Dec 2008, 09:23
It is probably just the worst time in an economic cycle to try and switch from airlines into GA. I'm basicly in the same situation, bored of the airline life and trying to get into GA for the last few months, but it seems nearly impossible to get a job even with several thousand jet hours experience if you are new to this branch of the industry.

Anyway, good luck on the job hunting :)

Empty Cruise
30th Dec 2008, 13:35
Don't give up, liftman

It's a bit of an uncertain time right now, and you could end up with a company that folds or makes you redundant after a few months, so thread carefully. NJE seem still to be recruiting a few, but their clients will be the worst hit by this crisis, and they'll stick you on a Hawker 850 or summat, so not really a great career booster, if you catch my drift...

I swapped from airlines about 6 months ago, so just managed to beat the curve, but not by much :\ It can be done, but might want to see 2009 out where you are now, just to keep the cashflow up :ok:

All the best and a happy new year,

Empty

liftman
31st Dec 2008, 07:15
thanks for post empty!

Happy new year to you and let's see what will happen!

Cheers

liftman
2nd Jan 2009, 10:36
surfing on web found JETFLY and LIONS AIR using PC12 for aerotaxi operations: any news about them?

Roster lifestyle etc?

TKS