PDA

View Full Version : Steven Gerrard Locked Up!!

jayteeto
29th Dec 2008, 11:59
BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Gerrard arrested in assault probe (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7802932.stm)
BREAKING NEWS: Steven Gerrard spends the night in cells after he was arrested over bar 'brawl' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1102512/BREAKING-NEWS-Steven-Gerrard-spends-night-cells-arrested-bar-brawl.html)
Assault is a section 20, that could mean a serious sentence if he is actually guilty of the offence. If he is (innocent until proven remember) lets hope he gets the same treatment by the press as Joey Barton. This is not the first brush with the law in the Gerrard household.........

Avitor
29th Dec 2008, 12:08
Evertonian? Only joking. :ok:

Lon More
29th Dec 2008, 12:22
Let the punishment fit the crime and ability to pay (if proven guilty) Couple of million quid fine and 30 days inside - every one a match day

tony draper
29th Dec 2008, 13:13
Serious sentence?,in this country?you are of course joking.:rolleyes:

BRL
29th Dec 2008, 13:14
This is not the first brush with the law in the Gerrard household.........

You are worse than the gutter press who write the same shite as you just have.

charliegolf
29th Dec 2008, 13:20
Stevie G will be able to access the best justice money can buy. If guilty, I forsee footie practice with poor kids in Scouseville. (Which will often be inconvenient, so binned.)

CG

Richard Taylor
29th Dec 2008, 13:27
Bars, nightclubs & expensive prima donna footballers never tend to mix well.

jayteeto
29th Dec 2008, 14:02
Thanks BRL, glad to hit a nerve with you, that made my day, especially as this is Jet Blast. Time for my confession to you all..... This story made me smile a lot :p. I don't like him and I can't stand his missus. Before you say it, no jealousy about his money whatsover, good luck I say. But he and Alex HAVE been naughty in the past. Did he drink drive? Did she get away with a warning when she bottled someone? I could be exaggerating by the way, then again I may not be. Those of us who know her (rumoured of course)colourful background........ well, do some internet searches, a really classy lady, ask the evertonians!!
But, as I said, he has not been charged, so unless that happens, he is totally innocent :ok:
Heres hoping!!

corsair
29th Dec 2008, 14:08
Sounds like the usual, some plonker spots them in the pub. Thinks it's funny to shout abuse at the footballer. Everybody's been drinking and somebody thumps the fool. He runs to the police or more likely the yellow press and we have a story. Troublemakers always know their rights these days.

jayteeto
29th Dec 2008, 14:13
Although I am getting some excellent mileage from this thread, I have to agree totally with you Corsair. I would guess you have the story pretty much spot on.

Rainboe
29th Dec 2008, 14:36
Look, we all know some smart ass lawyer will get him off any prosecution. He won't get a record. My word, if he did, he would not get an OK from Disclosure Scotland and get an airport ID and would not be able to end his days as a baggage loader at John Lennon International! But we know he will, so what is the problem?

I know these 'celeb sport stars' and pop stars find life mixing with their fellow common man difficult. Kids throw themselves at their cars hoping for 'compensayshun', beered up males target them in clubs out of jealousy. It is why they retire to their gilded cages. I don't think they can go out without comments or remarks from aggressive youths- and that is why they will get off. If they don't damage people too often or too severely, there is every hope that they will walk away scot-free. Sad, but they face a lot of provocation brought on by good clothes, full wallets and expensive bling. Your normal 'bloke' can't take it.

I have this trouble on nightstops with all these lovely hosties! They just beat me up (if I'm lucky).

ORAC
29th Dec 2008, 14:52
Hosties beating you up? :eek:

G-CPTN
29th Dec 2008, 14:58
Meanwhile, (thread drift), Linda Lusardi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Lusardi) has said that everytime she has had any dealings with the Police, the information has been made public by the Police
The Press Association: Stuck-in-traffic Lusardi dials 999 (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5grmBFtK7auQi1XQToQSLNbYipp0Q)
(She claims that she asked for traffic police and declared immediately that it wasn't an emergency. She said that the enquiry was dealt with politely and properly and she received a call back informing her that further up the road the traffic was clear so she was able to call the theatre and inform them that she would be merely delayed and not to cancel.)

I wonder who broke the story about Gerrard?

Parapunter
29th Dec 2008, 15:03
I took a girl out a few times, told me a story about this. She'd met a guy in a bar, turns out he was a premier league footballer although he didn't tell her that at first and she didn't recognise him - the gold digger factor & all that.

Anyway, they were out at a club having a few drinks & she couldn't for the life of her work out why all the other girls & a few of the boys were staring at her all night. It's absolutely the jealousy, nothing else at all. She thought she'd tucked her skirt in her drawers until she mentioned it to him & he owned up. He said it was an occupational hazard.

Storminnorm
29th Dec 2008, 16:49
It's the sort of stuff that poor old Georgie Best couldn't
cope with. I still miss him not being around.
He was the BEST ever, but it destroyed him. :sad::sad::sad:

haughtney1
29th Dec 2008, 17:03
Baahumbugg, softy girly sport anyway.....they don't call it the "andrex" premiership for nothing :rolleyes:

StaceyF
29th Dec 2008, 17:04
Troublemakers always know their rights these days.

Indeed; which one of the redtops will be the first to publish details of the thumped (along with his long criminal record no doubt)?

I always remember Eric Cantona getting lambasted by all and sundry for kung-fu kicking some smackhead benefit-leech.......until the full details of the "fan" in question came out.

Then Cantona took on an almost God-like persona because rather than an overpaid footballer launching an unprovoked attack on an honest football fan, it became apparent for what it really was.

Richard Taylor
29th Dec 2008, 17:05
I thought it was because it was a load of shit? :E

haughtney1
29th Dec 2008, 17:07
I thought it was because it was a load of shit?

Possibly.....but I was told that..cos its soft, and overly expensive.

Raven30
29th Dec 2008, 17:36
..........and goes on forever!!

jayteeto
29th Dec 2008, 17:44
They now say that the victim was the club DJ. Unconfirmed rumours report that he refused to play a record they requested, so one of the group decked him. It gets better!

Krystal n chips
29th Dec 2008, 18:47
An interesting point on the Beeb News.....amid all the speculation and allegations, it turns out he is residing c/o Southport Police. Now I know sod all about the criminal justice system, but do read reports and have watched documentaries in which those detained seem to get out after a short period in a Police station......which, given the no doubt expensive legal representation he can afford, begs the question as to, erm, why ?.

YouTube - The Clash - I Fought The Law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16u0wwCfoJ4)

Just to cheer him up.......I rather like the Clash actually :E

StaceyF
29th Dec 2008, 19:10
amid all the speculation and allegations, it turns out he is residing c/o Southport Police. Now I know sod all about the criminal justice system,

Indeed you don't.

He's in custody. I imagine he's waiting for his highly paid brief to arrive before answering questions. Ergo, he's turned down the duty solicitor offered to all those held in custody.

When Plod tell him he can leave, he will leave.

Storm in a teacup methinks.

merlinxx
29th Dec 2008, 19:18
Dose anybody really give a toss ?

McDoo
29th Dec 2008, 19:46
Haughtney, Merlin et all - quite right. One down about 500 to go. If we lock 'em all up we can get on with the serious sport of rugby. OK, I know, there's a credit crunch on and sports car/drug dealers and hairdressers will be up in arms but look on the bright side - it looks like Guantanamo Bay will be looking for inmates soon..:E

Buster Hyman
29th Dec 2008, 21:12
Serves the little Red shite right! The scourge of Merseyside that they are....:=

22 Degree Halo
29th Dec 2008, 22:04
Hang him

...and make sure Sky Sports/News show it live with interactive red button thing:E

Gen. Jack D Ripper
29th Dec 2008, 22:49
"EY! EY! CALM DOWN!! CALM DOWN!! WE'RE ALL SCOUSERS 'ERE!"

I've just seem Michael Shields walking down Southport Prom' wearing a "FREE STEVEN GERRARD!! T-Shirt!!!!

Well, that's irony for ya!!!
:ok:

ShyTorque
29th Dec 2008, 23:26
They now say that the victim was the club DJ. Unconfirmed rumours report that he refused to play a record they requested, so one of the group decked him.

Oh, how we love these puns :ok:

Whirlygig
29th Dec 2008, 23:54
Well, something obviously needled him!

Cheers

Whirls

x213a
30th Dec 2008, 00:37
The DJ he decked with a well placed hook obviously baited him out of jealousy of his cod like status.

:}

Avitor
30th Dec 2008, 01:13
I caught sight of his Missus on the box today, I would not cross swords with that one, little wonder he has a permanent frown! :eek:

Krystal n chips
30th Dec 2008, 06:59
Alas, the "storm in a teacup" now seems to be developing into a hurricane in a toilet bowl....

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Gerrard charged in assault probe (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7804056.stm)

Richard Taylor
30th Dec 2008, 10:00
Proof positive that most footballer's brains are not at the top end of their bodies, but at the bottom.

And in the cases of Gerrard & Barton, it's debatable even then.

What a stupid [email protected]

flower
30th Dec 2008, 10:07
Whilst I know he is a public figure did he really need to be the headline story on the BBC news today? Other world events are IMHO significantly more important than an overpaid footballer who for whatever reason goaded or not has been accused of breaking the law.

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
30th Dec 2008, 10:19
Asides the fact that he has done very well for me in my Football Fantasy Dream Team this season, let's hope he suffers a dip in form now as he is the sole reason Liverpool are where they are in the Premiership this season :ooh:

Richard Taylor
30th Dec 2008, 10:42
Wonder if Liverpool will have to "do without him" for a while later this season?

And agreed, there are more important stories about, the current flare up in Gaza for one.

Standard Noise
30th Dec 2008, 10:59
Don't panic, don't panic! SKY news is reporting that he's been released on bail, the world will continue to turn.:rolleyes:

You'd love to be a fly on the wall at a dinner party in the Gerrard household.........
'Ow's yer dinner chuck?'
'Yeah, s'okay babes.'
'Okay, just okay, d'ya think I slaved away torturing the cook while you're out playin footie with yer mates just for you to tell me dinner s'okay? Do ya? Ye'll feel the bottle in my 'and if yer not careful Steven bloody Gerrard!'
'Calm down, calm down! An' while yer at it change that bloody music will yer, it's gettin' on me nerves.'
'But I like it Stevie.'
'Well I don't, now f***in change it or I'll slap ya bitch.'

Slipstream86
31st Dec 2008, 19:15
I always said that Gerrard was Liverpool's best attacker! :}