PDA

View Full Version : National Jet Australia

Breeza
28th Dec 2008, 23:56
Hey Everybody!

I was just wondering if anyone had some info on National Jet in Oz? I was wondering about pay and conditions, benefits ect...

Cheers. :)

NewFlybie
30th Dec 2008, 08:41
Hi Breeza

Well I used to work with NJS (Qantaslink) a few years go ow, so I can tell you what it was like then Pre AWA. (Australian Workplace Agreement) which I believe are now abolished, but don't hold me to that

Pay $25,000 base + duty allow out of per $4p/h + uniform allow $140
Per was all day trips mainly with a few o'nighters

CNS and DRW are where the good $$$ is... absent for 2 - 3 days at a time.

Per crew $38-40,000p/a commencing, however with day trips dont expect too much more

CNS I have heard 2 -3 years in crew making $50-55,000p/a (I have heard) This is all qantaslink which are the 717's operated by NJS

AwA's came in a few years ago and the S%^t hit the fan and there were alot of issues with pay etc. Many, many crew left. I am not sure on the status of that now.. Hopefully a current NJS or QL crew member will read this post and add more recent information, however my experience these guys don't say alot....

Recruitment used to be an individual interview you and 2 other panelists, really lovely ladies, and very welcoming... These days they have converted to that waste of time group stuff, which in my personal opinion proves nothing... but my opinion only here

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, they were absolutely wonderful. I left through injuries (not work related) but if I never fly again that will be the most wonderful part of my career and have made alot o wonderful friends I am still incontact with to this day

As I said thi information is pre Aust Workplace Agree. All I can say is hopefully someone who is a current staffer with NJS or QL on the 717'a sees this post and adds more current upto date information.

Are you currently flying or just starting out.

Best of luck.