PDA

View Full Version : A few 330 items

CJ1234
28th Dec 2008, 16:24
Hi guys and gals, just a few quick qs, very grateful for any answers.

1) Now single engine taxi in the 320 seems to be a slightly more popular method of fuel saving, can you do this in the 330? Is there a single engine taxi out/in procedure for the 330, or is it just too damned big?

2) What exactly does a CCQ entail? I've tried searching but have found little relevant info. So if one were type rated on the 318-21 and wanted to mix fleet fly with the 330, what would the course entail? Is it as difficult and time consuming as getting one's original 320 rating, or is it more like a differences course?

3) In the US, is it true that stand numbers are not given out by ATC? If so, how does the R/T procedure go? Do you have to call up company freq and get the stand, then tell the ground freq after landing? It sounds a little bit troublesome to me!

4) One that's been bugging me. If you're operating a 330 with ACARS and CPDLC, can you opt to get clearances/ATIS/position reports manually (i.e. on voice)? Again, doing this sounds a bit easier than typing it all out - but if it isn't could you please explain the advantages?

Any help greatly appreciated,

many thanks fellows and fellowettes,

avionneta
28th Dec 2008, 18:44
1, more or less the same single engine taxi out procedure. very easy.
2, CCQ from A320 to A330 is 3 X 4 hours sim sessions + 1 skill test (4hours) + base training of 45 minutes flight time unles your airline is approved ZFTT

avionneta
28th Dec 2008, 19:10
to do the ZFTT approved course means one more 2 hours sim session per crew member (iso base training) to perform at least a dozen of visual circuits

Fly3
29th Dec 2008, 05:04
3) True. You have to get the gate number from your handling agent and tell the ground control what it is when you check in with them when clear of the runway.
4) No you cannot choose to opt for voice over CPDLC once you have logged on but I guess you could just not log on. However, I cannot imagine why you would you want to do that. Life is so much easier without that RT hassle, particulary HF, and for all clearances you have a hard copy so less chance of getting something wrong.

CJ1234
29th Dec 2008, 10:49
You've been a great help folks, thank you.

Henry VIII
29th Dec 2008, 11:41
doing this sounds a bit easier than typing it all outYou do not need to type in the entire msg. You have various promt showing preselected msg where you have to add just few datas.