PDA

View Full Version : Usa-eu Open Skies

wannabe-aviator
28th Dec 2008, 08:40
Hello Lads and Ladets.

Just wondering now that we have decided to jump in bed with our cousins across the lovely Atlantic Ocean just wondering how the process for an airline to fly from Europe to the USA works.

In Europe we are allowed to fly between the various EU countries without the need for any special lisences so long as we file a flight plan between point A and B, however do we need to apply for 5th freedoms to fly between Europe to the USA or any specific approvals from the DoD or the FAA, or can we just file a flight plan between the point of departure in Europe and point of Arrival in the USA.

I was with the thinking that all is needed is the flight plans and the landing slots and no special approvals but I had someone tell me there is a need for special approvals and also the applications for 5th freedoms if the operator in Europe has never previously flown to the USA, if that is the case whom would issue that 5th freedom and what is the process of such applications.

Any ways hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and you murdered a few Turkeys YUM YUM, and best of Luck and prosperety for the up coming year.

WA :ok:

wannabe-aviator
30th Dec 2008, 08:30
Anyone with a heads up? a simple yes or no will be sufficient :ok:

GVA Dispatch
30th Dec 2008, 19:13
Send you PM

Ciao,

GVA Dispatch

sirinx
10th Jan 2009, 12:33
I am just working on application for such approval and I can tell you that it takes far more than just a flight plan ... Even the US Dept. of Transport suggests carriers to seek help of US lawyers who know the procedures well.
So far it seems to me it would take at least three months to get all the approvals needed.
Aargh...