PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air to fly direct to Heathrow every day

Zenj
27th Dec 2008, 18:30
Gulf News
Staff Report
Published: December 26, 2008, 21:40

Muscat: Oman Air will start its new daily non-stop service from Muscat to London's Heathrow Airport from January 15 and will be the only non-stop flight to London from Muscat, the airline said in a press release.

Flight WY911 will depart Muscat International Airport at 12.55pm and arrive at London Heathrow's Terminal 3 at 5.40pm local time.

Return flight WY912 will depart London Heathrow's Terminal 3 at 9.30pm and arrive at Muscat International Airport at 9am the following morning.

With the introduction of this new service to London Heathrow, Oman Air's current operation to London Gatwick will cease.

"We are very excited about the prospects of flying to London Heathrow, the busiest international airport in the world. It is the airport of choice for most people travelling to London and I am sure that our daily non-stop service will soon prove to be a winner with both business and leisure customers," said Abdul Razaq Al Raisi, senior manager for sales.

"London Heathrow is the hub for tourists planning to go further West or to other exciting European destinations.

Located centrally, Heathrow will offer easy access to travellers visiting London and other destinations in the UK," the airline manger said.

Oman Air was was formed as the result of a merger of the former Gulf Air Light Aircraft division and Oman International Services, as Oman Aviation Services.

The Omani government holds an 82.4 per cent majority stake in the airline, while the remaining 17.6 per cent is in the hands of other investors.

in FACT is
28th Dec 2008, 05:09
that's why I heard that this company will not last longer than next 4 years, the CEO Peter Hill everybody can read about him in this forum:\, and the DMO will never learn from mistake that he made, the Flight Operation never had Fleet Captain for the past 1 year also the SMLO:cool:.

the best thing I heard in Gulf country the pilot may not have an Association nor be a member of Association.:{

big ambition yes they have, but how to manage the flight operation that another thing's and none of the Omani's have experience of this, if the A330 come's we will see the disaster, and they will not learn from other more experience company around the world, I heard this is the only company that by rule legally to let their pilot fly 3 consecutive night landing without night rest at base:ugh:

in FACT is
30th Dec 2008, 13:42
sorry mate, not my mother language, born in Africa, grown up in Middle East, work in OZ, not like you perfect level 6 english proff.:ok: