PDA

View Full Version : Question about replacing Logbook

Wildduke
26th Dec 2008, 22:37
My logbook over the years has deteriorated to the point where it is starting to look like a bit of a mess. I would like to purchase another book and transcrible all my log hours into the new book. Does anyone know what I would have to do to have the new log book certified with all appropriate stickers and signatures?

Is this something that can be done or am i doomed to cary around my "scrap book" for the rest of my career?

Many thanks for your replies

the wizard of auz
26th Dec 2008, 23:27
Just keep it and use a new one. If you are flying any sort of hours, you will move on to a new one soon enough. I am onto book four, and just use book one to put my stickies into. sort of master book in regards to endos and exams Etc and as you get line checked and whatever, just get the stamp on whatever page of whatever book your onto at the time to keep it in chronological order.

kalavo
27th Dec 2008, 00:04
I've also wondered about this and would appreciate any input from anyone being in the position of having to replace their logbook (ie lost, stolen, fire damage, etc.)

The only official comment I've seen from CASA was on an NPRM regarding pilot licensing.

http://www.casa.gov.au/newrules/parts/061/download/nprm0309fs.pdf

Comment 8 – DP Ref A 37 – Replacement of lost licence or medical
certificate
One respondent wanted a proposal for lost logbooks, and queried whether a statutory declaration was required for a replacement licence.

CASA Response
A logbook is a personal document; the proposed regulation relates to CASA
documents. There is no need for a statutory declaration.

Given it is a personal document, I can't see any problem with you transcribing all the flights in to a new logbook, however I would be keeping the old logbook so you have a copy of all the Logbook Endorsements

Also found this..
http://www.casa.gov.au/manuals/regulate/fcl/010r0301.pdf
3.15.1 Introduction to Replacing Logbooks
Pilots who lose or accidentally destroy their logbooks must obtain a new logbook as soon
as possible. They may also:
• Apply to CASA in writing for the recognition of their aeronautical experience
• Arrange to have endorsement and ratings qualifications they hold included in the new
logbook.

Peter Fanelli
27th Dec 2008, 00:46
I think a fresh neat tidy logbook would be like wearing bright shiny new epaulettes,

You have to allow a little "status dirt" to accumulate, shows experience. :E

Horatio Leafblower
27th Dec 2008, 09:48
Buy a new one. Transcribe it. Take it (amd the original) to CASA and ask an FOI to... to do something with it.

Now I think about it, why don't you ring 131 757 and ask them? :confused:

300Series
27th Dec 2008, 10:10
Just re-write it, cut the sticky labels out and glue them in the new one, get the appropriate signatures re-entered if you can. Then don't F***up the new one!:ok:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
28th Dec 2008, 01:51
No no no no no. Rewriting the damned thing will take ages. If you really must do something just take it to a book binder along with a new logbook and have the old pages put in properly.

FRQ CB

atpcliff
28th Dec 2008, 07:47
Hi!

Get an electronic logbook. In the US, logbookpro.com is the best for large logbooks. You'll never lose it again, as you back it up in various places, and you'll always have a copy somewhere. Print it up for presentation whenever needed. It is MUCH easier to fill in the time grids for job applications with an electronic logbook. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be done.

cliff
KGRB

kalavo
28th Dec 2008, 08:19
Hi!

Get an electronic logbook. In the US, logbookpro.com is the best for large logbooks. You'll never lose it again, as you back it up in various places, and you'll always have a copy somewhere. Print it up for presentation whenever needed. It is MUCH easier to fill in the time grids for job applications with an electronic logbook. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be done.

cliff
KGRB

An electronic record is not acceptable as a log book, however, a computer printout bound together in the form of a log book and maintained up to date is acceptable;10 penalty units from memory.

CASA also state that the pages/printouts have to be permanently bound in such a way that pages can not be removed or replaced.