PDA

View Full Version : Taking Photos In MAN T2

BYALPHAINDIA
26th Dec 2008, 01:46
I was stopped the other day, Bay a 'man in an illuminous' coat - I'm sorry but you cannot take photos in here anymore?

The 1st I knew about it, No one has ever stopped me before in 20 or so years.

I had a small Digital Camera, And was acting sensibly by a window.

If this is now not permitted, It's the first I know about it.

(Good old MAG Group)!!

Merry Xmas.

plasticAF
26th Dec 2008, 05:44
Had the same myself a couple of years ago, my sister and her son were emigrating to oz. They had passed through the 'pre' security check point, were in front of a plain white wall. No identifying features visible at all. I took one photo of the pair and promptly got screamed at by a five foot five inch harpy, sorry security officer. Who demanded I put my camera away as she would call the police if I took any more pictures. For the sake of my family I politely complied. My thoughts wern't so polite. What would she have done about my camera phone, or anyone elses. Will the government ban mobile phones from airports as well? My phone is almost as good as the camera.:*

Romeo India Xray
26th Dec 2008, 10:22
The jobsworths should find ever increasing ways to develop and increase their value in order to perpetuate their own industry. I am going to the UK for a couple of days starting this evening. I shall have to put this one to the test on my way back - difference being I will have a bone-fide reason for taking "sensitive" photos on the way back. I have 2 days to work out how I can turn the tide and get THEM arrested for obstruction of a safety related activity - surely there must be some way :}

Why do many aspects of the "security" industry take pleasure in turning it into an "us and them"?

RIX

Skipness One Echo
1st Jan 2009, 05:44
It's not illegal, or against Ts and Cs of entry and he's wrong. Simple as. That luminous coat makes people think they are the Police. My friend was told the same by a similarly dressed toilet cleaner in the US.....

Mister Geezer
1st Jan 2009, 10:30
Some of the staff at Manch are the pits to be honest. The awkward ones do not have the training that matches their ego, as I have had the pleasure to find out on the odd occasion. :}

However what I did find interesting on one occasion was that an obnoxious member of security staff was speaking to her colleagues in the same manner as she was speaking to the pax. :uhoh: