PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain Air

Left Wing
14th Jun 2008, 02:53
any news / updates on these guys....http://www.bahrainair.net/...what are the T & C....

Mephistopheles
15th Jun 2008, 07:29
I really think you should forget about Bahrain Air unless you have no choice. It's run by Capt I Al H, who is donkey number 1 & he managed to fill most of the positions with exGf thieves & idiots.

all119
15th Jun 2008, 22:59
I am 100% sure he is much beter then you'r JH,AD and the new one you have got.
keep your bul **** for you slef

Mephistopheles
16th Jun 2008, 08:05
Mr 'Allthat' perhaps you are one of those people I mentioned in my earlier post:}:}:}
You should just investigate your CEO's experience & exactly how he got his command in GF?????

Mr. R
16th Jun 2008, 10:42
^^^^^What he said

I heard he used to fly on days off to accelerate his command

infact he was degraded to F/O in GF after a thorough investigation

tarik123
16th Jun 2008, 18:41
I think the thread is about terms and conditions of Bahrain Air,
not this absolute kids and irresponsible responses,and if you have
personal problems with whoever then be man enough to call
him and tell him your opinion.

david007
11th Jul 2008, 19:48
Dear Who ever you are,
First of all you should have adequate knowledge of those people who are basically running the Bahrain Air show first of its Mr M.S.Fakhri who is a well known personallity in the aviation industry earlier he was a 2IC of Qatar airways. I met him and find a great person the rest of his team is higly professinoal and most of them came from Qatar airways with excellent pro records...
I would suggest please communicate a proper knowledge to your friends in this forum so they can get max benefit out of this, this forum give us a know how about the aviation... so next time please becarefull and post some authentic comments.

Chuck Y
12th Jul 2008, 03:15
Dave, I don't think QR every had a second in charge since Qatar's own "special one" has been there. Since everyone knows he is a one man show that micro-manages everything so perhaps you should take some of your own advice and seek some "adequate knowledge of those people who are basically running the Bahrain Air."
For info the Ops side is run by 2 ex GF/QR Bahraini Capts who are both very decent & knowledgable guys. But I believe every other dept is run by complete fools.

desertopsguy
12th Jul 2008, 13:21
If I may reconverge with the original thread for a moment...has anyone got any info on fleet, expansion plans, routes proposed and who are the money men behind them? BAH is a small pond...can it contain 2 'fish'?

D.O.G

netfreak
23rd Sep 2008, 20:29
Hi Guys,

I've tried sending all the necessary documents to the email mentioned on BahrainAir's website, but it always bounces back. The email is [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=Pilot Application) ... does anyone have an updated one that works?

Thanks.

bluebirde2000
2nd Dec 2008, 18:35
Netfreak, Please check your private messages. Thanks

Panama Jack
3rd Dec 2008, 13:43
I recently read that Bahrain Air faces a problem with load factors, which hover around 60%. I am not certain how big the money pot is, however, some industry watchers predict an industry "rationalization" as is currently going on in India. I suppose a big question is how much the global financial crisis will affect the region in 2009.

Here is a recent article that hopefully answers some of your questions:

Bahrain Air to turn profitable by 2009 news

20 October 2008

Bahrain's premium low cost airline Bahrain Air will become profitable by 2009, according to the airline's managing director Ibrahim Abdulla Al Hamer.

Having achieved a load factor of 60 per cent, Bahrain Air is amongst the fastest growing airlines in the region, Al Hamer said while speaking to the media on the sidelines of the opening ceremony of Bahrain Air's Manama sales outlet.

He also said that 2008 was a year of consolidation and stabilisation for his airline, and the year 2009 would be the year of achieving break-even and profitability.

Earlier, the airline's chairman Shaikh Mohamed bin Abdulla Al Khalifa inaugurated the Manama sales office and praised the board for its efforts in making the airline one of most rapidly growing Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) carriers in its category. He said that the carrier was on target as far as fleet expansion and network enhancement goes. He said Bahrain Air would like to become the ''most efficient and competitive airline in the region."

Al Hamer said that the airline would have six planes in its fleet by October 2009, and was expecting the delivery of its third aircraft by the first week of November. He said the fourth, fifth and sixth would join the fleet in March, April and October 2009 respectively.

The fleet of six would be comprised of two A-319s and four A-420s. The airline expand its network to cover 22 destinations in the Gulf, Middle East and Africa, and is looking at more traffic rights at various destinations across the sub-continent. Al Hamer said Bahrain Air remains cost-conscious and focused on increasing its network at the most lucrative destinations.

He added that after the fleet expansion, the airline would be able to consolidate its position and extend its network to several new destinations. It had already cross the 250,000 passenger mark within its first six months, meeting over half its annual target of 500,000 passengers.

During the first six months Bahrain Air carried 252,000 passengers, and by end January 2009, the airline would be able to achieve the target of 600,000 passengers, he said. To fund its expansion plans, the board had doubled the airline's authorised capital from BD10 million to BD20 million.

.Aero
3rd Dec 2008, 15:48
Anyone know how many pilots they've got flying for them?

Che Guevara
3rd Dec 2008, 16:06
I suppose a big question is how much the global financial crisis will affect the region in 2009.

To be or not to be, that is the question.

As a casual observer one can not help observing contradiction in terms of low cost and premium class etc. I do realize that the demographics in this area are different to those in the West and indeed the far East, however Air Arabia has done a pretty good job of describing what works in this locale, particularly if the region is to be affected by what is happening in the rest of the world, which it will and indeed is, regardless of what they say.

The future will be interesting but hopefully not too exciting. I wish Bahrain Air all the best, however 'it ain't gonna be easy'.
Finally, what is an A-420....;)

Chao

Fromtheflightdeck
17th Dec 2008, 23:00
Anyone know much about the new upstart low cost carrier in Bahrain?

There is a Canadian (Montreal) based company, Aeropersonnel Global, recruiting Air Canada A320 captains. Air Canada management is on side with Aeropersonnel because they claim layoffs are inevitable.

I attended the seminar and since submitted my resume and other required documents with interviews slated in CYYZ mid to late January.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Radar Contact
18th Dec 2008, 08:56
Hello,

What would you like to know? The Airline operates 2x A320 and 1x A319 and some brand new factory planes are coming out within few months. They operate to GCC destinations plus the usual India run and Egypt.

Great airline if you are seeking to build hours

ECHIE
18th Dec 2008, 09:56
Terms and conditions? Upgrade possibility?

Che Guevara
18th Dec 2008, 11:59
Any words of wisdom are appreciated

Just don't expect it to look like AC.

Good luck

Fromtheflightdeck
18th Dec 2008, 12:48
I guess I was a little vague as to what I was after. The contract is for three years for 320 captains only. Basic remuneration is $11,000 American after taxes which includes basic salary, social, housing,transport, and utility allowance. There's also flight remuneration and experince pay translating into $12,000 to $12,700 (American, net).

I was looking for comments on living in Bahrain, schooling and if there are Canadian expats out there, suggestions on how to beat the Canadian tax man. (I do realize it's a tough thing to do).

I've been to Dubai a few years ago and did the interview process at Emirates.

Speedbrake Lever
18th Dec 2008, 13:18
FD

12700$ equals 4786 Bahrain Dinars

mmmmh not bad

don't know how many kids you have to educate and what your housing requirements are

but in the current world climate you gotta take the offer

as i said not bad and Bahrain is the best place in the Gulf to live in

i've spent 30 years in the Gulf in 2 or 3 places and can tell you that

without hesitation ( despite not being there now)

yes there are a Canadian or two flying in Bahrain for GF

enjoy S.L.

Fromtheflightdeck
18th Dec 2008, 13:26
Speedbrake Lever. Thanks for the positive post! After reading several of the Middle East posts, I thought I was nuts even to think about venturing that way. I'm looking for the adventure plus to get out of dodge for awhile. The ship at Air Canada is taking on water again.

Speedbrake Lever
18th Dec 2008, 15:27
fd

OK 4786 Bahrain Dinars = 46674 U.A.E. Dirhams

Housing is much cheaper in Bahrain then UAE as is general cost of living

ok cars cost more (because its an island they sort of have you)

you'll get a villa (3 br) well lets say for around 900+ or so a month

the same type in UAE would cost you at least 2500 ( in BD)

No tax in Bahrain of any sort

hey you even get your car cleaned for BD 1 in UAE its BD2

and whilst not great their telecommunications system in Bah is light years ahead of the UAE

i don't mention Qatar or Oman cos their not even in the league

don't know if you're interested but they had a pretty good ice hockey scene going in bahrain but that was a few years ago

check your pm's for people on here who are canadian and you ask them ok

S.L.

Fromtheflightdeck
18th Dec 2008, 15:41
S.L

I truly appreciate you taking the time to explain things. My family is on board to move which makes things that much easier. Now, they will be even more so once they read your posts.

Yes, I'd be interested in the hockey. I refuse to hang up the skates, but more for my son.

Would you like to buy a nice house in the Toronto area? Just had 15 cms of snow and another 20 is coming tonight.

Fromtheflightdeck

PAMPA2000
18th Dec 2008, 16:25
Anyone have or know someone who has been through their interview?, sim/questions/etc.

Any info, greatly appreciated.

Che Guevara
18th Dec 2008, 21:49
Fromtheflightdeck

A descent three bedroom house in Bahrain is currently about 1000-1200 ++ Bahain Dinars these days, it has gone up significantly this year as the Gulf greed syndrome sets in, however with the current economic climate...we'll have to wait and see what happens there...

Schooling for a 12 year old is about 1200+ / term increasing every year as they get older.

Living in Bahrain is easy once you have jumped through the initial hoops and it is generally a pretty relaxed place, except for the driving which is totally manic, however the same goes for all the Gulf countries.

Hope this helps, but if you have a few kids this can seriously dent your income...I suggest that you guys ask for a proper housing and schooling allowance based on those figures before you take the job, or at least try before you sign a contract.

Good luck

Pixie Queen
18th Dec 2008, 22:21
Speaking of it "being" an Island.
I hear the costs of housing goods(like furniture) is expensive.
Nice 2 and 3 bedrm flats cost 550-900 BD a mnth. At $1 = 2.65BD
Can one import a car ? Maybe an old car in great mechanical condition ?

Che Guevara
19th Dec 2008, 03:51
One thing they are not short of is cars....read lots of and traffic jams.

ironbutt57
19th Dec 2008, 05:07
Not too sure about any age limit on importing a car, howerev support, parts etc..might be an issue..better do the Jap-car thing here..or all US brands available as well..flats from 700 upwards...there is now a social insurance tax which GF refunds to us...not sure about Bahrain Air..and have to agree..Bahrain is the friendliest easiest place to live in the gulf...bring your sense of humor for the driving..the rest is normal..(like the monicker there USAPA scabs)...

difflock
19th Dec 2008, 06:56
Does anyone have any contact details phone numbers for Bahrain Air?

Left Wing
19th Dec 2008, 07:44
Does anyone ? thks !

Pixie Queen
20th Dec 2008, 03:50
IronButt, look forward to flying with you someday. No disrespect, butt, I have enjoyed my years of flying with OLD salty dogs who have seen a few things and have had a LOT of "been there done thats". Experience is/becomes a virtue.

And BTW, USAPA are Scabs. :ok:

KRUGERFLAP
20th Dec 2008, 08:19
Be aware that this contract is not for Bahrain air.Its for Qatar Airways.

Rgds.

Radar Contact
25th Dec 2008, 22:56
Hello guys,

I have few questions about BAB recruitment - I have a friend who works there who said expatriates who fund their T/R and get employed as SO in the airline do not get salary and have to pay for their Line Training after you do your Type Rating by cash.

Anyone could shed a light on this ?

Thanks,
RC

Mike.Park
26th Dec 2008, 11:48
You pay Al-Hamer hard cash in hand. Whatever you do, do not ask for a receipt.

Jockstrap
21st Jan 2009, 10:15
Hi,

Is there any body out there with Bahrain Air able to give some insight into the company, T&Cs, rostering, number of a/c etc oh yeah - how are the Managment .
Have checked out their website, plenty about where they are & want to go - not much about actually working for them.
Also whats the expat life like out there?

Many thanks JS

Mike.Park
29th Jan 2009, 15:41
Bahrain Air is a small airline - Only 3 or 4 aircraft if I'm not mistaken. From what I can gather, they have very few expat pilots flying for them.

sheryas777
12th Feb 2009, 18:06
Rumours came out this evening is that a top senior offical,perhaps CEO or MD of Bahrain air has resigned.
Any news ?:suspect:

boiler
13th Feb 2009, 06:14
They are not doing so well. They are frequently canceling flights to AMM and BEY. MHD is not even on their destinations list anymore according to their online schedule.

Mike.Park
13th Feb 2009, 16:25
I believe their goal was 1 million pax in year one, but they only managed 400k

PLF in the 50-55% range?

Flygulfair
15th Feb 2009, 02:34
It was only a matter of time, I remember last year when people where saying that there was rumor, the Bahrain government was going to stop supporting GF and back Bahrain air, looks not that promising now :E

Ali Baba
15th Feb 2009, 17:35
So ? Is This True Or Not?

SilveR5
15th Feb 2009, 18:36
I remember the news few months ago about Bahrain Air doubling their operating capita from 10 to 20 million BHD. The news was backed by announcements from the company about the strong performance and a subsequent expansion plan!

Is it now all turning to be crap talk? Or just a short-lived success?!

boiler
16th Feb 2009, 02:12
Me thinks the cash injection was due more to the high fuel prices rather than good performance. Then again, I really do not have any inside info on them.

a4mrav8r
17th Feb 2009, 13:05
So does anyone have the bottom line on this operation? Are they struggling or just going through growing pains? Are they hiring and if so, what are they offering for DECs? I know very little about them so any information would be interesting. Thanks.

bluebirde2000
4th Mar 2009, 13:31
Just heard that it is the Commercial Director who left!

wingmaaan
22nd Mar 2009, 13:16
howdy,

does anybody have some information about hiring DEC´s and so on...?
Somebody out there must have some information...:ugh:?!
You can also PM me.

cheers

sirwa69
11th May 2009, 08:57
I keep seeing a Bahrain Air aircraft parked across the other side of the runway near the police station.
I thought that the low cost model only works if you have high utilisation so why would they have a AC parked in the long term park for days on end?

Radar Contact
11th May 2009, 15:34
I presume this has something to do with that matter.

Bahrain Air leases aircraft to Alpine Air
Manama, Bahrain - 12th May 2009
Bahrain Air, a private national carrier located in Bahrain and the first Premium service carrier with affordable fares, signed a commercial agreement to wet lease a Bahrain Air aircraft A319, as an extension beyond its Kathmandu operations, on 7th May 2009 at Bahrain Air Headquarters in Arad, the Kingdom of Bahrain by Mr. Ibrahim ALHAMER, Managing Director, Bahrain Air and Mr. Surendra Malla, Chairman cum Managing Director, Alpine Air of Nepal. Mr. B.K.Majmudar, Director, Corporate Planning and Acting Director Commercial Operations, Bahrain Air and Mr. Joy Dewan, Managing Director of Zennith Travel Group and the General sales Agent for Bahrain Air in Nepal were present at the signing ceremony.

After signing the agreement, Mr. ALHAMER stated that this is the beginning of the long term relationship between the two companies. Bahrain Air will be providing assistance in other commercial and technical areas to this up coming and promising private airline of Nepal, Alpine Air.

Mr. Malla thanked Bahrain Air for the partial leasing of the aircraft for a period of nine months initially, which will open the door for possible partnership in the airline by Bahrain Air in the future. The Airline will use this aircraft from June 2009 on their Delhi sector from Kathmandu as soon as the approvals from the government authorities are secured.

On the other hand Mr. ALHAMER stated that Bahrain Air is close to reaching a strategic partnership with one of the Airlines in the Middle East where Bahrain Air will become a shareholding partner and where it will provide management and technical assistance in initial stage. “The announcement will be made soon after receiving the approval of the authority in the home base country of the Airline” Mr. ALHAMER said.

It’s noteworthy that Bahrain Air has the ranked second on Skytrax 'Award for The Best Middle East Low-Cost Airline only after celebrating its first anniversary, during a short period of time from the start of commercial operations in February 2008, bahrain Air has launched 17 destinations as per the business plan where it excellent connectivity between all important destinations in Middle East, North Africa and the Indian Sub-content furthermore it was announced last month the launch of its 3rd destination in the Indian Sub-content, to the city of Mumbai.

Mike.Park
11th May 2009, 16:07
Looks like the BAB balance sheets have taken a nose dive :}

Che Guevara
12th May 2009, 05:39
Looking like a No-Cost airline...?

Not Gulfair CEO
13th May 2009, 04:11
It’s noteworthy that Bahrain Air has the ranked second on Skytrax 'Award for The Best Middle East Low-Cost Airline only after celebrating its first anniversary, during a short period of time from the start of commercial

There are three low cost airlines in this region so I suppose Aljazeera must be the proud third best airline of middle east.:D

captainspeed
13th May 2009, 09:30
good luck Bahrain air,:D

desertopsguy
13th May 2009, 14:04
There are more than 3 lo-co's in these parts... Jazeera, AirArabia, Nas, Sama, Bahrain Air and soon to be FlyDXB. I make that 6, obviously Fly DXB was not in the running at the time of the award...

That's a small pond with one big fish and several little ones with big ambitions...let's see...

DOG

jimmyg
28th May 2009, 13:55
http://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/h_latest.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/b_returnlist1.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:BackToList();)http://www.rati.com/images/n_spacer.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/b_previouspgof.gif article 1 of 1 http://www.rati.com/images/b_nextpgof.gif http://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifBahrain Air to have nine aircraft within five months
David Kaminski-Morrow, London (27May09, 10:44 GMT, 136 words)
Middle Eastern carrier Bahrain Air is expecting to expand its fleet rapidly to nine Airbus aircraft within the next five months.
It has just taken delivery of its fifth aircraft, an A320 registered A9C-BAV, and is planning to introduce a sixth on 29 May.
Bahrain Air managing director Ibrahim Al-Hamer says the seventh and eight aircraft will arrive by the end of next month, and another delivery is due in October.
"The delivery of this number of aircraft at this timereflects the ambition of Bahrain Air's expansion," says the airline.
It is to increase its network to include Istanbul and Mumbai by July, and expand from October to Sana'a, Addis Ababa, Karachi, Lahore and Riyadh.
Bahrain Air is also entering a joint venture with Bahraini firm Addax which will operate its cargo division from 1 June.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Bahrain Air to be shareholder in Middle Eastern carrier: chief
David Kaminski-Morrow, London (13May09, 13:53 GMT, 97 words)

Gulf carrier Bahrain Air is to become a shareholder in an unidentified Middle Eastern operator as part of a strategic partnership.
Bahrain Air has not disclosed any details of the plan beyond stating that it will provide management and technical assistance.
Managing director Ibrahim Al-Hamer says the carrier is "close" to reaching the deal and that it "will become a shareholding partner" with the airline.
Further information, he says, will be revealed once authorities in the undisclosed carrier's base country approve the agreement.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Che Guevara
28th May 2009, 15:01
So why are they doing this?

Bahrain Air leases aircraft to Alpine Air
Manama, Bahrain - 12th May 2009
Bahrain Air, a private national carrier located in Bahrain and the first Premium service carrier with affordable fares, signed a commercial agreement to wet lease a Bahrain Air aircraft A319, as an extension beyond its Kathmandu operations, on 7th May 2009 at Bahrain Air Headquarters in Arad,

Note: A private national carrier....

Chuck Y
28th May 2009, 19:03
Che, I thought it was strange as well. I mean come on, bragging about getting more aircraft & then leasing them out. Maybe things are not going as well as the are trying to make us believe. But, then again Mr I Al H does have a bit of an ego problem-he claims that he personally is responsible for Air Arabia's success!!!

B-737
29th May 2009, 03:55
Hello
Nothing to do with the subject but does anyone know how many hours on type Bahrain Air is requiring for FO position? ( Any mention in their website for hours needed on type)
Thank you

wingmaaan
3rd Jun 2009, 10:22
hi all,
any information about the current development and if captains are hired would be helpful.
thanks.

wingmaaan,willing to relocate!!!:cool:

Mr. Aviation
18th Apr 2010, 01:04
good day,

Am one of the crew who works for bah air , to tell the truth, I never had any problem with them. Infect what do I need more… getting paid on time and moreover, for a company which starts 2 years back they are doing very good
At least they have not consider the EMBRAER as a solution....:=:=:=:oh::oh::oh:

barbucha44
12th May 2010, 17:58
Right on and good for you. BA will prewail and will be one day No.1:ok::D:D