PDA

View Full Version : Early morning drinking call....!

TeddyRuxpin
25th Dec 2008, 18:52
Evening, and a very merry Christmas to all...!

A question for CC... I'm a nervy sort of SLF (odd given my best mate is a commercial pilot!) and like a wee drink before a flight. Not much, not at all really, maybe just a couple of pints or so.

Anyway, I was coming back from LAX to LHR recently and heading over Ireland the turbulence was, franky, awful.

Wierdly, I normally like turbulance because I understand it and would rather feel every bump and lump - I prefer the "real" experience of flying than the smooth-as-silk journey which I don't trust 'cos it just isn't natural!!

To cut a long story short, the bumps this time were more than enough to fox me. So after the rather trying event, I went for a couple of beers from the CC. At 4.30am. On a Sunday morning. I didn't even press the button, I just gingerly went up off my own back. (after the belt lights had gone out I might add...)

The CC was perfectly nice, lovely, but I just wondered whether or not this kind of thing is frowned upon? I was probably looking dishevelled enough as it was without crawling to the galley to ask for booze on a Sunday morning....

Cheers all and a BIG thanks to all the BA, VS, and TCX cabin crew who I always appreciate while doing stupid jaunts to the states far too regularly!

:ok::ok::ok:

indamiddle
25th Dec 2008, 21:15
from a qf view, a beer at 4:30 in the morning is not frowned upon. as crew we would have joined u having one.... many years ago of course

206cc_jim
25th Dec 2008, 21:31
Don't worry, I was drinking until 7am yesterday at BA's expense!

Little_Red_Hat
27th Dec 2008, 12:07
ABP beat me to it.

And seriously a couple of beers is nothing compared to the piles of miniatures that (some) mining workers love to down before 4am of a morning.... ugh I don't know hey they do it.... :yuk:

jetsetjobbie
28th Dec 2008, 00:33
It is always beer o'clock.

homesick rae
28th Dec 2008, 07:45
In the good old days at EK, when going home away from base for a few days, I'd get on the 08.00 LGW flight and grab a seat at the back of the A310 with one of the couriers and we'd happily imbibe all the way. At the end of the day no one should criticise someone drinking early in the morning on a flight - it's like the nightshift workers who come home and have a couple of beers before they go to sleep - it doesn't mean you have a drink problem. Enjoy!

Cheers

HR

Dan Air 87
28th Dec 2008, 11:18
What a better way to help your breakfast go down well....

Rush2112
28th Dec 2008, 19:28
Years ago I commuted from Ipswich into Liverpool St, and my train of choice was the 0642. One morning I was a bit late in getting to the station so didn't have time to pick up my coffee at the platform kiosk, and once the train was under way made my way to the buffet to get one.

By this time it was 0650 at the latest, and the guy in front of me, suited and booted ready for a day in the City, was ordering a double vodka and tonic, which was served with a cheery "Here you go Mr Smith" - clearly a regular!

Now *that* is a drink problem!!

carttart29
30th Dec 2008, 21:26
Most crew don't really care if you want a drink in the early hours, as long as your not drunk then they are happy to serve you.