PDA

View Full Version : O'Hare for the holidays?

visibility3miles
25th Dec 2008, 17:00
D.C. Bound Plane Skids Off Taxiway In Chicago - News- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28383866/)

An American Airlines plane bound for Washington skidded off the taxiway at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport Wednesday night.

American spokesperson Mary Frances Fagan said flight 1544 headed to Reagan's National Airport left the gate at 6:42 p.m. As it was getting into position to take off around 7:15 p.m., the MD 80 hit an icy patch and slid sideways off the runway onto the grass.

An airline spokesman in Fort Worth said none of the 54 passengers or five crew members were injured and all were taken by bus back to the terminal.

Some travelers spend night at O'Hare, roads slick - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/winter_weather)
The family from Vancouver, Wash., tried to fly out of Portland, Ore., on Sunday, but a blast of snow and ice kept them from getting a flight for two days. They finally reached Chicago, but then were stuck spending two nights at a hotel inside O'Hare, unlike others who had to sleep on floors and cots in the terminal. They were eager for Thursday evening flight to Miami, where they planned to catch a Caribbean cruise on Saturday.

"We are checked in" for the flight, Kristina Waltz, a teacher, said Thursday morning. "We'll go into the airport, have some lunch and play cards some more."

DC-ATE
25th Dec 2008, 17:05
Got time to spare - go by air.

Better yet - take a jet.

Happy Holidays.

Mad (Flt) Scientist
25th Dec 2008, 17:07
Having spent all day yesterday travelling, I was amazed how calm most people were, and how fresh and helpful the WestJet staff I dealt with managed to be. (I didn't deal with anyone else, so can't speak for them)

And the guy at Toronto gate C24 yesterday evening, when the customer barged to the front of the line and then proceeded to abuse you because obviously you personally had arranged for his flight to be cancelled, I would gladly have decked him for you. Some people have no manners.