PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Operations

ferhankaka
25th Dec 2008, 12:22
I have been pondering, reasearching, bribing, beating my head against the wall much, but i have gotten no where...so in my eternal quest for an answer to this ever eluding question...i turn to the operations gurus of this infamous pprune forum to final release me of my turmoil and answer this question!

"HOW DO I GET TO BECOME AN OPERATIONS OFFICER AT EMIRATES"

okies so I couldnt have overstressed this question enough, but you get what I am trying to do when I am acting over dramatic!

Schibulsky
25th Dec 2008, 14:06
....no I dont get what you want! Do you want to become a flight operations officer (like in flight dispatch) or do you want to become a ground operations officer (like ramp agent)???
Anyway the answer is almost the same...go to the career website and apply if there is something offered....whats the problem?

ferhankaka
25th Dec 2008, 14:49
Thanks Chi! well I can do both cause I have a Bachlors in Aviation and an FAA flt dispatch lisc.
I have been applying online for about 2 years now...since before i came to UAE. so online is not really working for me! but i have been hearing that u need like an insider.
there is alot of info on getting into their flgt crew but not alot on getting into their operations.

merlinxx
25th Dec 2008, 14:50
Just check .aviationjobsearch.com. Plenty of stuff there for the Gulf:ok: If you've a Fed Airmans Dispatch Tkt, then what are you waiting for? Better still, go work for Wall-Mart, better money:ugh:

ferhankaka
25th Dec 2008, 17:09
merlinxx :=u got the contacts for their cooperate aircraft dept?

ferhankaka
26th Dec 2008, 18:28
thnks bulsky... will follow the lead....if any one has any more info to share, i will definately appreciate it.

any ways..if working at emirates exciting....i mean in the ops...or their ops are very monotonous?

Schibulsky
27th Dec 2008, 09:41
Hi again, here one position currently at the website:
The Position:
The Operations controller plans, directs and controls all aspects of his/ her area of operation, maintaining adequate staff and equipment to meet operational requirements on a shift basis as well as ensuring the highest standards are maintained in areas of safety and punctuality.

The jobholder is expected to manage the allocation and performance of staff for all flight movements, to achieve optimum coverage in order to provide the required levels of service delivery.

Experience and Qualifications:
Educated to degree level with at least 8 years Airline / Handling Agent experience, including Load Control, five years of which spent in an operations environment. Must have in-depth knowledge of airport communications systems, airline check in systems, as well as BRS, BHS and DCS (as appropriate).
Able to demonstrate excellent communication and man-management skills.

About the operation:
Its like their website, sometimes it works but most of the time its NOT!
Anything but monotonous :rolleyes:
I rather send you a PM than post about it here....its a :mad:Zoo!!!:ugh::eek::}
Just send me your questions and I will shed some light for you;)

Cheers and have a happy new year!

ubaid123
27th Jan 2009, 20:08
I was born n raised in dubai and honestly dubai is just out of control now , i mean its reallly hard to survice out here with the salaries offered , its crazy ,

i am gcaa licensed flight dispcatcher looking for a job for about 10 months now and cant get ONE!!

HELP ME OUT PEOPLE , i 'll appreciate any help at all , contacts , advise , wheer and how to loook what to expect.

Thans and have a great day