PDA

View Full Version : I have a doubt!!!! GF or Jazzera

Chapitas
25th Dec 2008, 09:30
I got two offers....one from Gulf Air and the other one from Jazzera...and i donīt know what to do.....can anybody help me giving me good reasons for chossing one instead of the other one.....thank you guys....have a merry christmas

surfer of desert
25th Dec 2008, 10:34
Gulf air,.... 29 acfts, getting 330s next year, will be open new destinations (4 every year). You will be flying 320 for 3 years, than you
going to the big bus....:ok:

Al Jazeera, 6 A320, and its a low cost...you will be on 320 for ever....:bored:

cheers...

Sal-e
25th Dec 2008, 11:03
Definitely Gulf Air. Well established airline, more destinations and growing, more types and increasing, great pilot group, Bahrain basing.

Iver
25th Dec 2008, 13:09
Gulf Air. You will at least have a chance of flying a 787 one day (far off distant future). Jazzera may be good now but it is a long-term dead end.

Pixie Queen
25th Dec 2008, 17:30
You go to the airline where you will upgrade the soonest(IMHO). And remember, you have to live the decision you make so keep in mind any and all advice. If I was at Jazeera I would want you to go to Gulf, you might be competition. If I was at Gulf I might or might not want you to go there(for different reasons). You need to make a list of priorities, an actual list(paper) and then review and compare the +/-.

Thats my two(2) cents of advice :)

Che Guevara
25th Dec 2008, 19:00
The difference between Bahrain and Kuwait is like night and day, if you did not notice that on the interview, then perhaps Jazeera is for you.

FrankAbagnale
25th Dec 2008, 20:25
Take any you want, gimme the one which you dont pick.

SubsonicMortal
25th Dec 2008, 20:32
Gulf Air! I love this place :ok:

Pixie Queen
25th Dec 2008, 20:37
LOL, he's new. ;)

SubsonicMortal
26th Dec 2008, 08:34
Nope, not that new anymore, working on the 4th year already.

SilveR5
26th Dec 2008, 13:57
One old pilot was telling an advice:
Don't look at the length of the tube you fly, look at how soon you will be upgraded.

Apart from this...Bahrain is a great place to live in

Cheers

ShirleyNot
26th Dec 2008, 15:31
Yeah but who wants to fly short haul as a Captain with no prospect of the option of longhaul ever and only flying the 320. Definatly go to GF even if the upgrade is slower, its a total no-brainer, unless youre Kuwaiti and want to live at home.

Pixie Queen
26th Dec 2008, 16:37
Well its encouraging to hear 4 years and still happy or even content. That says alot(for one person). :)
Long haul versus "out n back" s, why are the long hauls so coveted? Ego probably, why else sit in a pressurized tube for 8, 10 or even 16 hours ? Do you realize your insides turn to cement after a while ? ;)
Long hauls are like a shiny toy for Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanza, after playing with it for a while the shiny wears off. Promise.

Your results MAY vary.

Pixie Queen
26th Dec 2008, 16:39
SilveR5, what do you guys do on that small Island when not flying ? :confused:

Ali Baba
26th Dec 2008, 17:28
smoke a joint and sleep all day:rolleyes:

ShirleyNot
26th Dec 2008, 18:42
maybe ego maybe not, personally I prefer the detinations, + GF is mainly medium haul.

SilveR5
26th Dec 2008, 22:52
USAPAScabs...Well..you can name Bahrain as the most liberal "free" country in the gulf region...it has a very relaxed atmosphere...lots of hangouts..many restaurants, many coffee shops around the corner, great shopping malls, plenty of night clubs and bars to satisfy every taste...and hey, lots of chicks are there too! :E

and since it's a very small island as you said, it means that you almost cannot lose your direction to the place you are heading!

Ali Baba...I think you are right too ;)

personally, that's more than enough for me

Pixie Queen
27th Dec 2008, 04:36
Sounds good Bro :ok:

Maybe get a sailboat and chase some PIRATES in the Gulf. :E

Panama Jack
27th Dec 2008, 05:16
All of the GCC states can get a little boring for an expat unless you are contented with a sedentary lifestyle revolving around shopping mall-culture or shisha & coffee shops.

A number of GF pilots have boats in Bahrain and it is an affordable (but not cheap) past-time that I question whether it would be accessible in some of the other GCC countries. If you fancy general or sport aviation as a hobby, or even something like RC model aircraft, forget it. With the exception of Saudi Arabia and the UAE which are beginning to make this possible, the rulers are often frightened about such a prospect.

IMHO, Bahrain and Oman offer the most tolerant environments in the region with the best quality of life overall. That is, of course, unless you consider yourself a mall-urchin.