PDA

View Full Version : Great Dennis Kenyon Article in this months Loop!

KNIEVEL77
24th Dec 2008, 19:01
Just thought i'd point you the way of a great article written by Dennis Kenyon in this months Loop magazine. It's a great read for anyone thinking of aquiring their PPL(H)........and for those who already hold it! I particulary liked Dennis' stories especially the one about one of his 'trainee pilots', the very own Barry Sheene!

Great reading Dennis, thanks for sharing some of your experiences. :ok:

TheMonk
24th Dec 2008, 20:34
Is the article available to read on-line? If not, would someone please post it here?

Thanks,
Monk

Helinut
26th Dec 2008, 10:10
The web site for that mag is

LOOP.aero (http://www.loop.aero)

You may need to register, but it is worth a look from time to time

Mungo5
27th Dec 2008, 16:37
Great Dennis Kenyon Article in this months Loop!

That's a shame, it doest't appear to be on Loop's website, even after registering.

FLY 7
27th Dec 2008, 16:57
I couldn't find it either.

DennisK
27th Dec 2008, 21:12
Thanks Knievel ... its always good to read that the items I cover for the Loop aviation newspaper are liked. As the years roll by I plan to switch to journalism, mainly aviation of course and I'm having to learn as I go along. I write in good company though with the likes of Alan Cassidy, John Davy, Paul Bonhomme, Nick Heard and Ken Wells, albeit mostly fast jet and aerobatic fixed wing pilots.

Each month I cover what I feel is an item of special interest for we rotary guys although Loop is essentially a fixed wing journal. Loop has an 'all helicopter' sister publication (Blades) which is about to become bi-monthly and there's a further mag for the corporates (P1). A no charge registration is all that is required to receive all three. Log on to LOOP.aero (http://www.loop.aero) and sign up.

So far I written up subjects such as Display Flying .. My flying 'Faux Pas' in USA and choosing a Helicopter School ... then a few technical handling subjects such as Vortex Ring, Engine out landings and Tail Rotor Failures. (I've had three!) but I'm still waiting for my first engine shut down. Last month I recounted my high flying brush with a 1950s UFO!

Next month's issue will include a piece covering my EC130B4 flying over the Grand Canyon which will be followed by a pilot 'air test' arranged courtesy of Eurocopter UK at Kidlington. Earlier this year the LOOP team were the first to air test the Guimbal Cabri G3.

So 'Roll up ... rollup' and read all about it!

Thanks for the kind words pruners. All very much appreciated and a great flying new year to you all in 2009.

Dennis K

Mungo5
27th Dec 2008, 22:24
Hey Dennis, hope all is well.

Maybe you could persuade the folks at loop to post your articles on their website.

Looking forward to seeing blades.aero too..

DennisK
31st Dec 2008, 15:13
Hi Mungo,

I'll have to check on Loop's current position. Last time I looked in it was possible to view the current issue online and the back issues were available I think. I know you can write in and receive back copies but a charge is made for that. About £3 or so.

I'll e-mail the Editor and see what's what.

Happy new year lads, (and the odd ladess) and no 'Whirls' I don't think yo are that odd!

DennisK

Mungo5
31st Dec 2008, 21:40
Found it.

try here.. LOOP e:edition (http://www.imagazine.co.uk/loop/login/loginnew.asp)