PDA

View Full Version : OZ jet

down3gr33ns
24th Dec 2008, 09:47
What is the latest with Ozjet? A LAME mate tells me he has seen a 733 in MEL registered VH-NLK and which is supposedly for the Norfolk operation. Have they finally their -300 despite the doomsdayers who predicted otherwise? Same LAME tells me there are a number of 732's sitting idle in PER!!!! The 733 might just have arrived in time.

I've been busy traipsing around far flung places of late so haven't had much access to Pprune and am a bit behind happenings. However I seem to recall there was a post on the now closed (original) Ozjet thread with an interesting link to Ostend airport. That seems to have disappeared. Why was that link removed, it was laborious reading but nonetheless eye-opening. Why was the thread closed anyway, nothing too contentious there - all seems a bit intrigueing??????

ringin
24th Dec 2008, 12:09
You trust a lame to tell you the truth? Bet he aslo said Santa was a fake! :}

NAMD
24th Dec 2008, 13:00
NLK was last night residing outside the Toll hangar in BNE. Looks like Oz have moved up in the world.

Zigzag
24th Dec 2008, 20:41
Sorry to spoil the party, but NLK is Our Airline's second machine, not Ozjets.

sayallafter
24th Dec 2008, 21:44
Down3gr33ns

you asked the same question about the VH-NLK on the 17th of November.

See...

http://www.pprune.org/d-g-reporting-points/349857-ozjet-2.html

Didn't you like the answer that you got back then? :rolleyes:

BN_centre
25th Dec 2008, 01:10
A quick search of the CASA register:

Registered operator as of 11 November 2008
NAURU AIR CORPORATION
PO Box 10355
Adelaide Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
AUSTRALIA

feenix
25th Dec 2008, 09:48
So if OA has a second aircraft does this mean OJ's days are numbered on the Norfolk flying. Back to the original question "what's the latest with OJ" as I too have heard they have aircraft grounded all round the Country

down3gr33ns
25th Dec 2008, 11:04
Yes, Sally, at least you've got that bit right, I certainly did ask the same question a month or so ago, and the answers at the time were inconclusive. Feenix said it was an Our Airline aircraft, tourisman said Ozjet were going to continue in their own right and 727ace talks about a third aircraft. All very confusing and, given that the thread was closed, that avenue of questioning couldn't be pursued hence the need to ask it again.

At the time I looked for an Our Airline press release - nothing. WIWTIW apparently did a registration search and found - nothing. After hearing from my LAME mate I did a Google search hoping to find an Our Airline media statement - nothing. Silly me if I've not been as astute as you and cannot read between the lines for a definitive answer. Methinks you must be a very clever fellow!!!!!!!!!!!!

feenix
25th Dec 2008, 22:39
Just heard from a ground handling mate of mine who says he is owed money from OJ and has been a long time waiting to be paid. Do they still go to Bali as I hear Aussie tourists are going there in droves so they should be doing OK there. I see a B727 freighter in the JH hanger in Melbourne that has been there for a long time doing nothing. The silence is deafening.

sthaussiepilot
26th Dec 2008, 00:25
AusAir Express has started to ground all of its B727...

There will be alot of those up for grabs, unless their fate has already been decided..?

sayallafter
26th Dec 2008, 00:44
down3gr33ns

thanks for the compliment but I don't see it as being clever, I just see it as not being as dumb as some. ;)

As for idle aircraft.....apparently Oz are doing in excess of 30 flights a week plus whatever charter they pick up.

feenix
26th Dec 2008, 02:30
You must be talking about sectors and I guess your including Norfolk which can't have long left and must amount to at least half those sectors.Have not seen them much in the charter market lately , besides 30 sectors a week are not much when you divide it by their supposed fleet size. I don't see D3G's as dumb but rather just trying to get it right unlike a lot of other contributers. Some people hit below the belt far too quickly in my opinion

Skystar320
26th Dec 2008, 05:44
Those 727's are being sold on the open market.... If one is canny enough to search for them they shall find ex VLH on the market for a price secondly you have access to specification sheet....

witwiw
26th Dec 2008, 08:48
as not being as dumb as some.

just intolerant.

Otherwise, pleased to see someone has picked up on links being pulled. Makes you wonder ......................

feenix
29th Dec 2008, 08:21
D3G's, it was my post that you are refering to I think and I have no idea why it was removed as it happened without explanation. I say again with regard to OJ the silence is deafening

witwiw
29th Dec 2008, 10:43
Hey feenix, I've also had posts pulled - both with references to an airport somewhere in Europe and certain movements that occured there. First time I was told it was too specific and that legal action had been threatened and thus I acknowledge that as a discretionary withdrawal of my post by the moderators. Second time was simply a link that required copious amounts of reading to draw any conclusions at all on a whole range of issues.

I'd hate to think certain people have contacts that, hmm ................

On your point of Ozjet silence, where are the likes of Heavylift etc who used to espouse the greatness of OJ and the wonderful things they were going to do. I guess there's not much to brag about these days.

topend3
29th Dec 2008, 11:38
they have some smaller mining companies supporting the service and the route is protected by the state govt so i would have thought provided they keep the mining contracts this will prop the route up.

down3gr33ns
30th Dec 2008, 09:19
anyway getting back on track

It looks to me that the thread hadn't strayed - the post I read (that was mysteriously, it seems, deleted) was of obvious relevance to OJ and the current owners. Pity I didn't save the link for further reading - maybe WITWIW's pulled posts had the one I was referring to amongst them. Care to put it up again??

sayallafter
30th Dec 2008, 11:04
down3gr33ns

why don't you and your friends, witwiw and feenix start a post called:

OSTEND AIRPORT AND IT'S EXTREMELY TENUOS LINK TO OZJET

Boring to see you guys keep starting a thread (or replying) about Ozjet, and then taking it totally off topic and tying it up to some eastern block airport blog.

Sorry to break it to you but it just smacks of running a self serving agenda.

So, be honest and start the OSTEND AIRPORT thread.

Might very well be an interesting read!

feenix
30th Dec 2008, 22:21
sayallafter, nice of you to decide who my friends are. There have been posts on the subject started and canned so get your facts correct before commenting.Secondly if you read this thread you will see the author D3G's spends most of his contribution talking of this very subject so it would appear that you are the one off thread.I suspect it is you who may have a self agenda and if you find it boring than don't read it or contribute. As for as being honest ,people in glass houses should not throw stones
Now back on thread has anyone got anything relevant to contribute

tail wheel
30th Dec 2008, 22:29
Don't bother to start a thread entitled:

OSTEND AIRPORT AND IT'S EXTREMELY TENUOUS LINK TO OZJET

Or re post the previously deleted internet link unless you are prepared to add your correct full name and full address for Service (for any incoming Court documents)!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif