PDA

View Full Version : Going to court

G11
24th Dec 2008, 05:41
I need some help, does anyone have a aviation lawyer who has experience with airline awards? I have had meetings with run of the mill lawyers and i can see this being a very confusing case for them.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and also make my wife feel much better, as you married men would know, lifes very easy when you have a happy wife. VISA can also confrim this!

Cheers and merry x mas to all !

G:ok:

IFF
24th Dec 2008, 06:42
I have been told he is good & have him in my diary just in case. However i have never needed to use him,
Good luck

HopgoodGanim (http://www.hopgoodganim.com.au/Profile.aspx?EntityId=103552)

Cpt Cook
24th Dec 2008, 07:17
Give the AFAP a try.

www.afap.org.au (http://www.afap.org.au) they should be able to point you in the right direction.

tail wheel
24th Dec 2008, 08:32
"...experience with airline awards"

Are you looking for an aviation litigation lawyer or industrial relations advocate??

There is a very big difference.

G11
24th Dec 2008, 08:39
Basically someone who can tell the judge what a ATPL pilot would earn and pitch it in the right way in the case of not being able to fly anymore due to injury.

ie, Pilot has traffic accident caused by someone else and cant fly anymore due to injuries (paraplegia) and needs to explain to the court what future earnings could be possible. The Aviation lawyer would not be representing in the trial but would know how to explain the complexities in aviation awards etc.

cwc
24th Dec 2008, 09:21
"Pilot has traffic accident caused by someone else and cant fly anymore due to injuries (paraplegia)"

If this is the case...I am sorry for your loss-as in flying. Something none of us wants to happen. Accept my condolences.:(

G11
24th Dec 2008, 11:12
Thanks CWC, that is very nice of you :)
I flew for 10 years from 16 to 26 so i have lots of great memories.

PLovett
24th Dec 2008, 11:33
G11

What you need is a good personal injury lawyer. Assessment of damages (which includes future loss of earnings) is part of their speciality.

The complexity of an aviation award should be easy meat for an experienced torts lawyer as there will be precedents and experts in the field that can be called as witnesses.

You will need to contact a solicitor who is admitted in the jurisdiction where the assessment of damages will be heard (most likely one of our states), assuming that actual liability is not in question. A starting point would be to contact the Law Society in that State.

teresa green
24th Dec 2008, 11:40
Try Maurice Blackburn, had a very good result from them with a relative's car accident. Sorry mate to read of your problems, I hope the future treats you kindly. Important you also get in touch with the AFAP as earlier posting states. Good luck.

the wizard of auz
24th Dec 2008, 21:00
Strewth old mate. you would be doing yourself disservice by trying to collect a pilots earnings from the court........... tell em you were a truck driver and cash in. :ok:

Integro
28th Dec 2008, 10:20
On a different note a client of mine worked still does some recreational flying and he's a paraplegic. If you'd like to PM me I can send your details on to him and you could have a chat. He's a top guy and I'm sure he'd be willing to give you some pointers where to go from here.

Very sorry to hear about the accident, good luck with the case and I hope it all goes as well as it can for you!

Hugh Jarse
28th Dec 2008, 18:13
You can try John Langmead.

Barrister Details - H John Langmead S.C. (http://www.vicbar.com.au/c.1.3.aspx?RollNumber=2221)

Good luck.