PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ATO in Brisbane

PlankBlender
23rd Dec 2008, 20:18
Can anyone recommend a good ATO in the Brisbane area? I prefer the quiet knowledgeable type who has a genuine passion for mentoring; drama queens, narcissists, and screamers I try to steer well clear of. :}

I am in the process of moving to Brisbane, own an Archer and am looking for someone to to my CIR and CPL tests with. Ideally the ATO would do a pre-license with me and then test, and if I should need brushing up in some areas, I would want to do this with the same person. Not really keen to go seek out another school with all that entails, so freelance instructors/ATOs are preferred. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

ravan
23rd Dec 2008, 20:21
Check your PMs Plankbender, Cheers

Oz Vegemite
24th Dec 2008, 23:38
Plank blender, flying training must be undertaken through a flying school. The CFI of the school needs to sign your recommendation for flight test, whether it is done by one of their staff ATO's or an external/independent ATO.

That said there are some very good independent ATO's available in SE QLD.

Oz

11percent
25th Dec 2008, 08:45
T Powell. Great guy. contacts on CASA web site.

Meeb
25th Dec 2008, 22:54
11percent, is he the T Powell who used to be at Parafield in the mid 90's? If so, then yes a very down to earth, smashing bloke. Good to see he is still around. :D

11percent
25th Dec 2008, 23:18
same guy, same down to earth, same bug glasses