PDA

View Full Version : And you think BBC and Fleet St. are bad...

Dushan
23rd Dec 2008, 20:47
Passengers stranded in Ottawa after terrifying flight turns back (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2008/12/22/ot-081222-ac1124.html)

"An Air Canada plane dropped and rocked violently for half an hour as Halifax-bound passengers screamed, cried, vomited and held on for dear life on Sunday night, but that was just the start of their ordeal.

As of Monday afternoon, many of the more than 100 passengers on Air Canada flight 1124 had been lying and sitting on the floor of the Ottawa airport among piles of suitcases and duffel bags since 1 a.m., and there were no assurances that they would make it home for Christmas."

TRC
23rd Dec 2008, 20:56
That's the best yet....... ticks ALL the boxes in one paragraph - and there's more..

"There was no warning. We just kind of dropped all of a sudden and didn't stop dropping and there was a lot of people sick on the flight as a result. It was pretty gross . I had to hold for my life. I had my seatbelt on and I still couldn't even stay on my chair. There was people who got hurt on the flight because of the turbulence."

WTF?

Dushan
23rd Dec 2008, 21:08
ticks ALL the boxes in one paragraph

I think they forgot the "narrowly missing neighborhood school".

shedhead
24th Dec 2008, 02:46
We just kind of dropped all of a sudden and didn't stop dropping
so where did they end up then?

Dushan
24th Dec 2008, 02:56
so where did they end up then?

It may be risky to speculate at this early stage, and before any of the reports are released, but in the true PPRuNe tradition let me be the fist to suggest that it may be have been the runway.

Arm out the window
24th Dec 2008, 04:13
Halifax-bound passengers screamed, cried, vomited and held on for dear life on Sunday night,

and that was just in the hotel room before they turned up to the airport!

Krystal n chips
24th Dec 2008, 05:05
Quote:
Halifax-bound passengers screamed, cried, vomited and held on for dear life on Sunday night,

That's invariably the case for those heading for the Halifax here in the UK as well....:E

Davaar
24th Dec 2008, 15:24
but in the true PPRuNe tradition let me be the fist

Damn' right, Dushan! Sock it to them.