PDA

View Full Version : CTC/Cityjet Wings Holding Pool

Boeing100
23rd Dec 2008, 19:15
Hi all,
In november, I received an email from CTC telling me that I've passed phase 1 of the Cityjet Wings selection process but that I was put in a holding pool until further notice because there was no more intake for this year.

Does anyone have any idea/info on when the selection for this scheme will start again??

Thanks

PAJ
24th Dec 2008, 18:38
Could be a while. I think it is more down to Cityjet rather than CTC. Obviously 2009 is not likely to be a particularly strong year for anyone (let alone an operator with a major base in a financial centre that has yet to hit rock bottom), plus recently Cityjet have absorbed many of the 146-rated guys from Flightline after they went bust. Maybe there might be something in Spring next year to get an intake around October 2009 (October this year is when the first Cityjet Wings course started I believe) but who knows in the current environment.

slawler002
27th Dec 2008, 19:57
Just to second the above, I'm also in the holding pool, as was told Spring 2009?

:confused: Who knows?

Boeing100
28th Dec 2008, 13:06
I spoke to one of the current Cityjet cadets, and it appears that they plan on running it again not before the summer of 2009. Let's pray that you're right slawler....because i don't feel like waiting a whole 6 months at the least :(
I guess you have to be very patient in this job...

slawler002
28th Dec 2008, 15:23
Thats the aviation industry fot you, things can change 'at the drop of a hat' and with the current economic status; all we can do is be patient, best of luck with it though boeing.

sx_stavros
15th Jan 2009, 16:56
I also applied around November and I was also put on that holding pool so yesterday I decided to send them an e-mail just to check if anything has changed. They replied:

Thank you for your email.

We currently have not information as to when CityJet may be holding
assessments with CTC. We will of course email all interested parties
once we receive any confirmation.

I am thinking of changing to CTC Cadet scheme. What do you guys think. Is it worth it?

EIDW RJ85
15th Jan 2009, 23:20
WX Lost 15million last year, have a complete recruitment freeze and just this week are making redundancies, so dont hold your breath guys. Things are not as bright as CTC may lead you to believe.

Boeing100
16th Jan 2009, 09:42
well I know that Cityjet cadets are starting off their course in FTE this february so it can't be a TOTAL freeze. But yeah I guess patience is still the key word here

LessThanSte
16th Jan 2009, 10:38
Well heres something. Ive been hunting around for a couple of weeks now, but its crucial to note that, being in the final year of uni, i still have another 5-6 months before i would be able to begin any training at all!

With that in mind it may not be a bad idea to apply now (and hopefully get selected) with a view to then starting in, say, August, if the industry has picked up (hopefully after some kind of Obama-boom in the US) and if the scheme continues to run!

So the simple question is, how long at FTO's willing to wait between you passing an assessment and then actually being accepted onto a course? Presumably they realise that if youve passed the assessment once you would pass it again? And i guess theres a fair few people who get accepted and then have to hang around for a while gathering pound coins from anywhere possible before they can actually begin?

Oh btw, it doesnt mention on the website anything about any licenses being required prior to joining, is this indeed the case? From the sound of the course it almost requires a PPL, no?

Boeing100
16th Jan 2009, 20:20
You can apply with absolutly no flight licences...having a PPL prior is probably an advantage, but i don't really that it makes a huge difference during selections.

Uberhesch
14th Mar 2009, 17:18
Don't suppose anyone knows if they would accept someone who has already done alot of their training, i currently have a CPL. Just i know alot of shemes only like people who have little experience (max PPL).

Boeing100
14th Mar 2009, 21:02
Sorry Uberhesch, but no if you already hold a CPL, I don't believe that you would be eligible to apply...might be worth sending an email to CTC to check...

daraireland
12th Apr 2009, 13:36
Any news on the CJ cadet programme. Is it running this summer?